What's new

KDZ Claims the reason GF weren't hype was "Major skill gap"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass Sword

Nobody
The one person not here talking is Denzell himself. I'm sure we will see how true KDZ is soon enough. Vegas has proved time and time again they know what they are talking about and they are the best. When the two meet again we will see what the results will look like.
Also talking shit after a big win will only garnish hate. Be a little more humble won't you KDZ. Don't talk like Perfect Legend did last year when you could lose again. Unless you plan to never play again.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
This is a good thing. No one stays on top forever. When he falls from grace.... That person will get hella props...

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
Also talking shit after a big win will only garnish hate. Be a little more humble won't you KDZ. Don't talk like Perfect Legend did last year when you could lose again. Unless you plan to never play again.
Exactly. The game in general is getting so much shit from its own community it was an idiotic thing to do. It was just really bad decorum on his part after becoming the champ. Injustice is a fun game that is being torn to pieces by its own players, nothing good could have possibly come from his words.

I've never seen a group so hell bent on killing its own game. I literally can't understand the mentality behind it.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I would not do the same if i was KDZ after i won, i would do a 10 min middlefinger dance right in the face of all those booing idiots while laughing my ass off. (Not that i will ever come close im a online scrub).
Lol at ppl berating kdz for his behavior after he got booed

The Mighty Yoch

Shocking Your System
I think KDZ is a heel. He enjoys the hate and it motivates him. The boos are his cheers. I'm pretty sure F.Champ is the same as people love to hate him so he puts on a show to make them boo more and loves it the whole time. What better way to do that then be cocky as hell after winning the world championship.

Vagrant

Noob
I like it.

I don't agree with KDZ, but I like his trash talk. It adds some hype and honestly man it's harmless.

Thing is.... he won EVO..... He gets to talk a bit of shit if he wants to.... And when someone knocks him off the throne, he'll have to eat his words. That's just how it is man. No point in taking it personal.

it's called footsies, he isn't going to mindlessly try to rush down superman knowing how good superman is up close. If kdz thinks that is why the grand finals weren't hype, then he obviously needs to watch the grand finals video again.
IMO what I saw was a great match and a GL that knew what he was doing in aspect of the matchup.

DJT wins MK and makes 2nd in IGAU, but isn't a skilled player?

He lost because this MU is still under debate of even or in Superman's favor.

I may not have been to any majors yet but I've played enough Supermen, and know enough about the game and both characters to know that Superman beats GL up close and fullscreen (especially if Superman is standing right next to a car). He out pressures, out zones, and out damages GL.

DJT doesn't deserve being called unskilled.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Guise he's right.

The skill gap between using Green Lantern and Superman is pretty big. One takes skill and fundamentals and the other is braindead.

Man I hope DJT lives to destroy KDZ/Superman fighters for the rest of his injustice career. #KabalKilla #SupermansNext
8f advancing mid

9f advancing low

you ppl know shit of characters n balance

Only Chris G is hype.

I don't really follow MVC3 so I'm pretty ignorant as to what's going on in most of the matches. I know some doom guy has an infinite, wolverine seems good, etc. but mostly it's just a bunch of flashes and cutscenes trying to coerce me into having a seizure. I did however watch the Chris G vs. Justin Wong match where ChrisG was up 2-0 and Wong ended up coming back to win it 3-2 with the last match being super close both taking out each main guys and being left in a 1v1 which from what I've seen in that game is pretty rare.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I don't really follow MVC3 so I'm pretty ignorant as to what's going on in most of the matches. I know some doom guy has an infinite, wolverine seems good, etc. but mostly it's just a bunch of flashes and cutscenes trying to coerce me into having a seizure. I did however watch the Chris G vs. Justin Wong match where ChrisG was up 2-0 and Wong ended up coming back to win it 3-2 with the last match being super close both taking out each main guys and being left in a 1v1 which from what I've seen in that game is pretty rare.
I'm talking about Injustice.

nightw0lf

Earthrealm Defender / F23 MAN
KDZ SAID: It wasn't exciting because of the skill gap, no offense to DJT. It looks like that in any game where one player is that much better than the other. It's tough to be hype when one side gives up.It was the only game where one player was so clearly farther ahead of the other players at Evo.
THIS IS DISGUSTING. GOOD JOB AT WINNING KDZ, BUT YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO BE A GOOD SPORT AND NOT AN ARROGANT DILLHOLE.
Sincerly,
Nightwolf

Hell, DJT himself put the entire MK community on blast by murdering one Kabal after the other after 2 years of bitching about that character.
you do realize he was using Cyrax right? DJT is a ridiculously talented player and he deserves all the props going his way. But do not make it seem like he was killing all of those Kabals with Stryker or Jade.

nightw0lf

KDZ SAID: It wasn't exciting because of the skill gap, no offense to DJT. It looks like that in any game where one player is that much better than the other. It's tough to be hype when one side gives up.It was the only game where one player was so clearly farther ahead of the other players at Evo.
THIS IS DISGUSTING. GOOD JOB AT WINNING KDZ, BUT YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO BE A GOOD SPORT AND NOT AN ARROGANT DILLHOLE.
Sincerly,
Nightwolf
I think the opposite also needs to be said though. I understand getting discouraged in your matches, but I saw several matches where supposed big name players (no one is perfect) looked like they were going to have a hissy-fit as they were losing and gave up.

nightw0lf

I think the opposite also needs to be said though. I understand getting discouraged in your matches, but I saw several matches where supposed big name players (no one is perfect) looked like they were going to have a hissy-fit as they were losing and gave up.
Also, let's all rewatch CEO and see KDZ pretty much crying over his loss at the end. He sat at the edge of the stage and sulked like a baby. This is not the person I want representing the best of the best of Injustice. He seems to be both a poor winner, and a poor loser.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Its ridiculous to say that there was a huge skill gap.. get out of here.. KDZ played an excellent GF., no doubt, and im not the type that looks for nerfs and shit, but come the fuck on, its fuckin superman! Denzell played a hell of a game against arguably the best character in the game. I guarantee that they will meet again and KDZ will eat those words

AntMan

Banned
I'm genuinely surprised at how badly people are misinterpreting KDZ 's post.

1. He said DJT was the one running away and zoning because HE was being accused of doing that. He clarified that he tried to rush in on DJT at one point, but lost because he was zoned out. So naturally, he gave him a taste of his own medicine. He never said GL should be rushing down Superman. He just wanted to make it clear why he played the way he did. By running away, he means walking back and zoning for the majority of many matches.

2. He NEVER called DJT an unskilled player. He simply meant that the grand finals were unhype as people say because at this point in time, he is far and beyond a better player. He was not talking shit. This is literally what we as spectators witnessed: he basically beat DJT 4-0 if you include the Winner's final match. Is REO not more skilled than, say, Maxter when he beats him 6-0 in grand finals? Does this mean Maxter is generally unskilled? No.

This site has a terrible habit of taking things out of context. He was not being arrogant....

AntMan

Banned
Also, if he comes off a bit passive aggressive, can you blame him? Idiots have been shitting all over him cause of his main since he won. How would you feel if you win a tournament this big, only to go to a topic congratulating you, but seeing 90% of posts bitching about your main, or calling you a fraud? Even then, he has not said anything bad. If he said "f u" to the evo crowd, it's cause they were booing constantly...

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
Ok baby birds, I've let this go on long enough.
Watching people misconstrue what I said to mean more than it did, while fun, needs to be "normalized".

Let's start with:
http://www.gamespot.com/injustice-gods-among-us/videos/kdz-shows-his-dominance-in-the-evo-injustice-gods-among-us-final-6411427/
The gamespot interview MINUTES after the tournament, where I give him the BIGGEST SHOUTOUT because I believe it.
I can name on one hand players in the history of Evo that have been in two grand finals in the same event.

This is so that you can understand that "skill gap" =/= "bad player". He's incredibly talented, especially at Mortal Kombat, and intelligent enough to play in a way that frustrates others into making mistakes.

1) When I say run, there wasn't even a hint of an insult there. But since "run" was read as "pussied out" by some people (I basically mean his brother MITDJT right now), lets go with "zoned". I fired lasers for one reason, and that was because he "zoned" me and chasing him became dangerous. He laid out a gameplan that garnered him amazing results.

2) Here's where it gets tricky. Because he did not prepare for the Superman matchup. Just like how Chris G did not prepare for the highest level Lantern matchup (While DJT defused his GA perfectly), DJT was wholly unprepared for the highest level Superman matchup. I started firing beams because I wanted to gain meter while he "zoned" me, with no intentions of hitting him. Then I saw them start hitting, and realized that he did not know the path through Superman lasers.

3) That's called being outplayed. I know some of you seem to take this as an insult, but it is NOT. He is an incredibly talented person, and is amazing at games as he proved. But he did not adapt with me, and he was outplayed by me. THE SKILL GAP (in Injustice) BETWEEN US WAS LARGE, BECAUSE I WAS PREPARED FOR EVERY MATCHUP IN TOP 8 while he was not. Which made the finals an "unexciting 3-0". I don't believe it was unexciting at all, but this is what people say.

4) I understand having his back, so I understand saying a 3-0 final was "barely beating him". The matches were close, they were not one sided at all. But the end result was 3-0.

I've watched, for the last 48 hours, a large portion of this site backhandedly insult me (or openly, hey) after winning this title.
This meant a lot to me. I gave as many shout outs as I could muster, and was as humble as possible while also jokingly having fun with it, even while people boo'd my entire finals performance. Even after being boo'd while I won, I STILL gave DJT a sick shout out on Gamespot's interview, because he's a genuinely great guy and an amazing competitor.

Unfortunately, what people refuse to be OK with, is that I was, on that day, at that time, on that stage, better.

This might not be the case next tournament, next major, next weekly.
But for that tournament, at that time and on that stage, I was light-years ahead of my competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.