What's new

KDZ Claims the reason GF weren't hype was "Major skill gap"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolomonGrundman

Grundy don't stop
It doesn't take a genius to see that Superman is a broken character. He excels at everything in the game yet you guys look at this guy as a god. Obviously tournaments are about money, but talking smack like you're actually good when you win by default for picking Supes..ridiculous.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
He wasn't running away he was trying to space out f2. Why and how could GL with his slow ass mobility try to rushdown superman a character with an 8 frame mid

I am fairly new to this community and Injustice is the first non Capcom fighting game that I enjoy playing so I want to see this game thrive and get hyped for EVO 2014 and I just want to share my thoughts about Injustice while I was watching 2013. I do agree that a part of why there wasn't much hype for the top 8 finals is I feel like the pros do need more time for this game and I am actually really looking forward to next year to see more tech and leveling up, but I think Injustices other problem (when it comes to watching the game not playing) is there really isn't a hype mechanic in the game. Example would be MvC3 has the X factor and I am a firm believer as to why this game gets so hyped. There is nothing else like watching someone down to their last guy and pop X factor kill the two guys on their team and now its down to an even match. SF4 has the ultra combo system etc. These are the kinds of hype we see at EVO is comebacks. The other is the crazy combos. Injustice has a nice combo system I think, but when someone is in the middle of doing a nice combo here comes a clash. I really felt like most the time the clash really kills the hype of a match then create one while I was watching Injustice at EVO, and rarely did I feel like someone clashed then worked their way to a big comeback.

Not saying the clash system is bad, in fact, I think it brings strategy into the game, but I think when it comes to spectacles I don't think it's helping much. Who knows maybe its because this game is new and next years EVO the clash system may make some really nice comebacks. I think this game is really really fun, and I enjoy playing it a lot and I really hope to see this game grow. End of my 2 cents.

SolomonGrundman

Grundy don't stop
The word "broken" is thrown around this community more than Kabal throws gas blasts.
Seriously? No one thinks Superman is a broken character in this community? Have you guys played any other fighters except this and mk9? Supes is the definition is a perfect fighting game character and then you add stage transitions and object to the mix.

Justice

Noob
Sorry dood. You got boo'd for 5 minutes of jumping eye lasers. Hell, people cheered even when you did the occasional f23 breath string just because that was more interesting to watch.

The one thing I will say about DJT is that he didn't adapt. He should have realized sooner that KDZ had downloaded him and changed it up. I know it's not the easiest thing in the world to do but that is my take on the Grand Finals.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Seriously? No one thinks Superman is a broken character in this community? Have you guys played any other fighters except this and mk9? Supes is the definition is a perfect fighting game character and then you add stange transitions and object to the mix.
It was a generality, calm your tits.

coolwhip

Noob
I have all the respect in the world for DJT. His spacing/footsies are insane (especially in MK...good god!). And reaching the GF in Injustice after winning MK is an unbelievable achievement. Obviously, there wasn't a "huge gap in skill," but it's really not fair to say KDZ won strictly because of Superman. I thought he actually outplayed DJT quite handily, which is not to say that there is a huge gap in skill, but rather, that in this particular set, KDZ played significantly better.

Guise he's right.

The skill gap between using Green Lantern and Superman is pretty big. One takes skill and fundamentals and the other is braindead.

Man I hope DJT lives to destroy KDZ/Superman fighters for the rest of his injustice career. #KabalKilla #SupermansNext

coolwhip

Noob
This is starting to remind me of PL winning EVO with "broken 24 low hat Kung Lao," where everyone discredited the win and attributed it to the character, and said stuff like "we'll see what happens after Lao gets nerfed" only for him to win it again the subsequent year with Lao.

Obviously, Superman is the best character in the game and he's quite fucked up, but could it be that people can still level up and improve at the match-up? Hell, DJT himself put the entire MK community on blast by murdering one Kabal after the other after 2 years of bitching about that character. My point is? Respect a player who just won EVO, and don't turn it into the usual naive "player vs. character" nonsense.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Seriously? No one thinks Superman is a broken character in this community? Have you guys played any other fighters except this and mk9? Supes is the definition is a perfect fighting game character and then you add stage transitions and object to the mix.
Guy, I hate to be rude but shut the fuck up, and yes I've probably played more fighters than you.

-You don't know what a broken characters is
-Superman isn't broken

snort

Noob
Superman is #1 in the game. Theo with his Superman and the other guy who played superman would have probably beatin DJT in top 8 as well. Its not a gap in skill between players, its more of a gap in where Superman is far ahead of the rest of the cast, including GL.

Status
Not open for further replies.