What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
The Glasgow Kombat thread on the front page, starts with "Superjohn Wins..." and has a picture saying MKX Glasgow on a Scotland flag :p
Wow good stuff! Your B1 is on point. I need start using it more...also I don't know why you said you're trying to read stuff. You're reaction time seems very good.

Here are some vids from a tourney I won a couple weeks ago:
My hardest set:

Grand Finals

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Wow good stuff! Your B1 is on point. I need start using it more...also I don't know why you said you're trying to read stuff. You're reaction time seems very good.

My hardest set:

Grand Finals
Aw thanks man! I'll check those vids out now while I wait for people at my local :)

Youphemism

There isnt. @Youphemism and i were thinking of making one. But were both busy haha. I might work on one tonight if youph doesnt feel like it haha
Ugh I really should shouldn't I? I think what I'll do is start on a basis for now and update it over time :p that way people can gather a basic gameplan of how to play Cyber then I'll add more specific stuff when I think of it. Feel free to let me know of things that should be added that I might have missed!

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Ugh I really should shouldn't I? I think what I'll do is start on a basis for now and update it over time :p that way people can gather a basic gameplan of how to play Cyber then I'll add more specific stuff when I think of it. Feel free to let me know of things that should be added that I might have missed!
Only if you actually update it haha

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
could't find a proper cyber kano guide in the stickies.
There isn't or did I miss it?
Pressure guide
Kano has some of the best block pressure in the game. Imo if you are not using his block pressure, you're not playing Kano right.

Best bock strings:
B31 +2
112 -1
11 -1
B1 -2
B13 -2
These are his best because you can hit confirm to his best damage on any of those and they are the safest regarding frames.

Get used to using these while pressuring your opponent. Then add throws, d4, d4 knife, and cancel strings into ex knives in order to make your pressure less predictable.

There are more advanced strings, normals:

F4 -5
Advanced because it's so punishable on block. I typically use F4 ex knives in my pressure. If they respect it, I will throw out a naked F4 to surprise them about once a set to see what i can get away with.

Not sure of the frames but it's close to neutral. A good normal because of its range. Might be as far or farther than B1. It's advanced because it's a high with a lot of start up frames.

2f4 0
This a neutral string and good to use for block pressure also. It's advanced because on block it pushes you back from your opponent, and not an ideal distance to continue pressure.

That's my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Pressure guide
Kano has some of the best block pressure in the game. Imo if you are not using his block pressure, you're not playing Kano right.

Best bock strings:
B31 +2
112 -1
11 -1
B1 -2
B13 -2
These are his best because you can hit confirm to his best damage on any of those and they are the safest regarding frames.

Get used to using these while pressuring your opponent. Then add throws, d4, d4 knife, and cancel strings into ex knives in order to make your pressure less predictable.

There are more advanced strings, normals:

F4 -11
Advanced because it's so punishable on block. I typically use F4 ex knives in my pressure. If they respect it, I will throw out a naked F4 to surprise them about once a set to see what i can get away with.

Not sure of the frames but it's close to neutral. A good normal because of its range. Might be as far or farther than B1. It's advanced because it's a high with a lot of start up frames.

2f4 0
This a neutral string and good to use for block pressure also. It's advanced because on block it pushes you back from your opponent, and not an ideal distance to continue pressure.

That's my 2 cents. Hope it helps.
Where did you get this? Some of it is wrong

Youphemism

My hardest set:

Grand Finals
Alright finally got round to watching this lol.
You missed a few punishes against the Johnny player like on flip and shadow kick so that might have added to how hard that match was :p Don't be afraid to zone Johnny out either, he needs to get in and you don't want him there.
After ex knives on the ground you can get a couple of B1s before your ender, I noticed you were only doing ex knives, 112~ball or ex knives, B131+3 and, well, every bit of damage helps with Cyber! Lol
Other than that you seem pretty solid so good shit, and congrats on winning that tournament! :)

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I remember seeing a video someone posted of a bnb that consisted of stand 4~up laser. Does anyone remember that and have a link?

Youphemism

Alright I made a combo that's WAY more consistent. I can get it with the right timing very easily compared to the last one. Trying to squeeze more out of it as I type this.
I remember seeing a video someone posted of a bnb that consisted of stand 4~up laser. Does anyone remember that and have a link?
It's only 2 pages back...

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Cyber Boyz:
Have a strategy I'd like to share. This involves ending a standard, 1-bar midscreen bnb with the laser restand as close to the corner as possible, so Kano can actually utilize the +13 from a midscreen combo. Still gets his normal corner carry.
Why? Ball ender is not a HKD, opponent can tech roll. While I'll still use Ball for max damage, this is just another pressure option. The B1-EX Ball option select doesn't really work with the opponent tech rolling. I'm not saying it's useless, though. A lot of ppl don't tech roll Ball or Up Ball.
The combo would be:
Starter-Laser-b23 2+4 MB-immediate dash-NJP-slight walk forward-B1-B1-B23 1+3
-starts from mid screen/right around that match start range
-loses 1-2% damage from 112-Ball ender

Kano gets a free B1 check after the restand, due to the opponent's corner proximity, unlike a laser restand midscreen where Kano is forced to run in and pressure and risk getting armored. Opponent can block in the corner, but that's a given. B13 will catch a backdash. I haven't tested tons of armored reversals.**
My point is to eliminate wake ups and tech roll opportunities, like any restand, and get that free B1 check/pressure from a midscreen starting combo. Corner laser restands always grant you the free pressure, so I wanted to find a midscreen one as well.

Last edited:

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Cyber Boyz:
Have a strategy I'd like to share. This involves ending a standard, 1-bar midscreen bnb with the laser restand as close to the corner as possible, so Kano can actually utilize the +13 from a midscreen combo. Still gets his normal corner carry.
Why? Ball ender is not a HKD, opponent can tech roll. While I'll still use Ball for max damage, this is just another pressure option. The B1-EX Ball option select doesn't really work with the opponent tech rolling. I'm not saying it's useless, though. A lot of ppl don't tech roll Ball or Up Ball.
The combo would be:
Starter-Laser-b23 2+4 MB-immediate dash-NJP-slight walk forward-B1-B1-B23 1+3
-starts from mid screen/right around that match start range
-loses 1-2% damage from 112-Ball ender

Kano gets a free B1 check after the restand, due to the opponent's corner proximity, unlike a laser restand midscreen where Kano is forced to run in and pressure. Opponent can still armor/block, but that's always the case. B13 will catch a backdash.
My point is to eliminate wake ups and tech roll opportunities, like any restand, and get that free B1 check/pressure from a midscreen starting combo. Corner laser restands always grant you the free pressure, so I wanted to find a midscreen one as well.
Are you saying you can't jail b1 after the laser restand from your setup specifically or in general?

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Are you saying you can't jail b1 after the laser restand from your setup specifically or in general?
You can't get a free b1 if you do the restand midscreen, because of the push back.
With the opponent in the corner, Kano gets the free B1 and doesn't have to use frames to move in closer. With my set up, Kano will get the free B1 jail because the combo puts the opponent in the corner, from midscreen start position.
Midscreen, Kano doesn't really get all of those +13 frames due to the distance the opponent is left at. My set up reduces that distance, from a midscreen combo starter (match start position area).

Last edited: