What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
How strict is it? You can do njp dash b1 112 ball for 35% not sure if extra execution is worth 2% if it's strict

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
It does 37%. Pretty good damage for a midscreen cybernetic combo.
PogChamp! This could be the new optimal bnb if we can get the laser conversion without switching sides :eek: I'm gonna test this when I get home!

Down 2

Noob
I
How strict is it? You can do njp dash b1 112 ball for 35% not sure if extra execution is worth 2% if it's strict
so far I find it to be pretty strict. I thought it was a pretty cool combo that did a little more and switched sides. With more practice or maybe a different variation of it, I think it could maybe be a bnb.

Down 2

Noob
Alright I made a combo that's WAY more consistent. I can get it with the right timing very easily compared to the last one. Trying to squeeze more out of it as I type this.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Alright I made a combo that's WAY more consistent. I can get it with the right timing very easily compared to the last one. Trying to squeeze more out of it as I type this.
Nice. Doing njp dash b1 air laser 112 ball is 37% (without switching sides) but the execution is not worth 1% extra IMO.

Youphemism

Ok I've been trying to land these and I can't seem to, at least on Sub Zero. What is it you're doing exactly? Is there something specific I might be missing? I can't seem to get standing 4 to connect, never mind the reverse laser.

Down 2

Noob
Ok I've been trying to land these and I can't seem to, at least on Sub Zero. What is it you're doing exactly? Is there something specific I might be missing? I can't seem to get standing 4 to connect, never mind the reverse laser.
A tip on getting the standing 4 easier is to delay the neutral jump punch so you have more time to run under and hit the standing 4. The standing 4 just requires practice to hit but if you get right timing down it gets easier. For the crouching 4 after the laser it's pretty easy you just have to hit it a little later than you think.

Youphemism

A tip on getting the standing 4 easier is to delay the neutral jump punch so you have more time to run under and hit the standing 4. The standing 4 just requires practice to hit but if you get right timing down it gets easier. For the crouching 4 after the laser it's pretty easy you just have to hit it a little later than you think.
Oh you're running under to do the standing 4? Hmm that seems kinda awkward timing-wise.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
So I've been playing cybernetic a lot lately and I'm really liking it. My only issue is opening people up. Anyone have any tips? I typically focus on spacing and whiff punishment but some match ups that doesn't work (for me).

So I've been playing cybernetic a lot lately and I'm really liking it. My only issue is opening people up. Anyone have any tips? I typically focus on spacing and whiff punishment but some match ups that doesn't work (for me).
Kano isn't a 1 variation character. It's quite likely that the match ups you're struggling with are the ones you need to switch variations for. If you feel like you need to be in their face with 50/50's, CT is probably the better option. If you are being overwhelmed by offence and are struggling with rushdown, try Commando.

The alternative is to use his throw more in your mix ups, similar to how Commando uses low/grab mix ups.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Kano isn't a 1 variation character. It's quite likely that the match ups you're struggling with are the ones you need to switch variations for. If you feel like you need to be in their face with 50/50's, CT is probably the better option. If you are being overwhelmed by offence and are struggling with rushdown, try Commando.

The alternative is to use his throw more in your mix ups, similar to how Commando uses low/grab mix ups.
Ah, thanks for this. I will start learning the other variations

Hehe thanks, I've been thinking of making a Cybernetic guide but it would essentially consist of me saying "Learn to B1, D4, and knives".

Also @Youphemism, can we admit that Cassie does not lose to Cybernetic. Well, not as bad as most people think, it's probably just a slightly good 5-5 or barely 6-4 in our favor.
Your Cyber guide will at least be longer than the Tempest guide: Hat spin-combo-repeat.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
My korner games
Cool stuff. Keep up the lab time!

Might I suggest a combo to you? You used two bars for 43%. You can do the same damage (and more) with one bar. This is a real easy combo for 43%: 112 db1 b312 32 bd2 mb njp b1 112 bf3. You don't get the restand but at least it ends in hard knockdown. Keep up the lab time to find more optimal combos, because they are there.
Use your frames to open people up. Use his neutral block strings, then d4 knife when people think they can move.

When people start blocking d4 knife, throw out d4 grab. When people start reacting to the grab, d4 ex knives.

Ex knives are plus on block. Go in for pressure after. Watch out for reversals. Good luck!

Youphemism

Hehe thanks, I've been thinking of making a Cybernetic guide but it would essentially consist of me saying "Learn to B1, D4, and knives".

Also @Youphemism, can we admit that Cassie does not lose to Cybernetic. Well, not as bad as most people think, it's probably just a slightly good 5-5 or barely 6-4 in our favor.
Bruh...Cassie is one of Cybernetic's easiest matchups though, why the sudden change of heart?

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
yeah; I like cyber vs Cassie as well. Can't really speak for if I'd like it over CT because I haven't played a long set vs a cassie with CT but I would definitely take cyber over Commando in that MU. I don't think it's a MU where cassie gets obliterated. But I also rarely rate any MU more then a 6-4 one way or the other; it has to be pretty bad to be a 7-3 in my eyes.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Bruh...Cassie is one of Cybernetic's easiest matchups though, why the sudden change of heart?
Eh, I don't have any trouble in the MU at all. But when you look at the MU on paper it seems like it shouldn't be that bad for Cassie since she has so many tools. Maybe I'm just theory fighting too much, but I think Cassie players are just being too lazy to learn the MU.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Eh, I don't have any trouble in the MU at all. But when you look at the MU on paper it seems like it shouldn't be that bad for Cassie since she has so many tools. Maybe I'm just theory fighting too much, but I think Cassie players are just being too lazy to learn the MU.
When you get full screen on a Cassie, they have to respect those knives or get ate up. I beat several Cassie like that couldn't get in close. Some were smart enough to EX kick out of long range but I just Kano ball back to full screen again. LOL!

OmeMark

Ps4 / Kano
Hmm. Why's everyone so exited about CyberKano? I don't really get it. And this is not to talk down to Cybers, but CT has an overhead attack which makes a nice 50/50-game possible. Am I missing something? Is it the fast knives, lasers? (Because it really can't be the grenade attacks:))

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Hmm. Why's everyone so exited about CyberKano? I don't really get it. And this is not to talk down to Cybers, but CT has an overhead attack which makes a nice 50/50-game possible. Am I missing something? Is it the fast knives, lasers? (Because it really can't be the grenade attacks:))
Mid knives, anti airs for days, solid damage, safe or safe-ish on everything. Also throws are in this game.

@OmeMark

Cyber plays differently to CT. You don't play him up close, you stay further away and use knives to force your opponent into making mistakes. His grenade attacks are for punishing those mistakes.

And as @MsMiharo rightly pointed out, throws exist in this game. The mix up isn't high/low with cyber, it's attack or throw.