What's new

General/Other - Kano KANO IS LIKE, BOTTOM ZERO GUYS

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
What I want is for you to shed some of your glorious Kano expertise and enlighten us all to these "40%+ consistent mid screen Cyber Kano combos" that you "know you're right about". The ones that your highly skilled friend uses.

What are these amazing combos that many of our inferior skill levels aren't using? What are the inputs?

I'll wait.
Ji2 112 Ex laser 112 ex ball cancel 112 XRay EX swaq

get gud

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Speaking of nothing really - dream buff would be better hitbox AND juggle on air laser allowing for super swaggy juggles and higher damage. Also that brutality is hype.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
What I want is for you to shed some of your glorious Kano expertise and enlighten us all to these "40%+ consistent mid screen Cyber Kano combos" that you "know you're right about". The ones that your highly skilled friend uses.

What are these amazing combos that many of our inferior skill levels aren't using? What are the inputs?

I'll wait.
I wish I knew them homey.

I've only been on the receiving end of them.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
If it's worthless at best, isn't that just worthless? In order for it to be worthless at best - that means it could be less than nothing, making it a negative; It must be counter to what you believe - and must have at least a few people that recognize it for being worth something.

Again, you would rather not have a discussion - because you just want what you want.
You're arguing semantics now. Every time you say something stupid, you try to switch the discussion away from the stupid thing you said. There's a reason I never take your posts seriously. Hell, the only reason why I'm responding to you now is so other people might see what I saw a while ago

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I wish I knew them homey.

I've only been on the receiving end of them.
The please ask your friend or post a vid or something. I've been maining cyber for a few months and I'm stuck with shitty low 30s midscreen combos. I need that tech

GAV

You're arguing semantics now. Every time you say something stupid, you try to switch the discussion away from the stupid thing you said. There's a reason I never take your posts seriously. Hell, the only reason why I'm responding to you now is so other people might see what I saw a while ago
What was stupid that I said?

I had a lot of success with Commando Kano early on. He was a lot of fun to play. I never felt disadvantaged playing him; In fact, he felt empowering.

Since then, I play a guy who plays a nasty Cybernetic Kano. He uses a lot of characters, but Cybernetic Kano is by far his best. He has these crazy combos and mixups with him.

Then, I come here and many players say he sucks. I just don't see it. Then, the guys that main him say he's fine, while those that don't keep saying he needs an overhaul.

Now, I didn't know Rude mained Kano until about a page ago. Does anyone else maining Kano think he's disadvantaged? I can be swayed, but the downplaying and calling for buffs here makes it hard to read anything here and just take it for truth.

GAV

The please ask your friend or post a vid or something. I've been maining cyber for a few months and I'm stuck with shitty low 30s midscreen combos. I need that tech
OK. I will.

We generally play every couple of days.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

I had a lot of success with Commando Kano early on. He was a lot of fun to play. I never felt disadvantaged playing him; In fact, he felt empowering.

Since then, I play a guy who plays a nasty Cybernetic Kano. He uses a lot of characters, but Cybernetic Kano is by far his best. He has these crazy combos and mixups with him.

Then, I come here and many players say he sucks. I just don't see it. Then, the guys that main him say he's fine, while those that don't keep saying he needs an overhaul.

Now, I didn't know Rude mained Kano until about a page ago. Does anyone else maining Kano think he's disadvantaged? I can be swayed, but the downplaying and calling for buffs here makes it hard to read anything here and just take it for truth.
I main Kano and I think he needs slight improvements/fixes to really contend with the top. But that's in line with what everyone says.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
idk dude just cuz he cant run up ez 50/50 doesnt mean he cant compete

i still dont see whats so bad about cybers damage like its not the best but its not awful either

u guys need to throw more ex knives
Nobody really thinks he NEEDS an OH/L mixup. on all 3 variations.

Laser scales too hard in the corner. This cannot be debated. Do B312 32 112 xx BF3, then do B31 xx DB1 B312 32 112 xx BF3, and see the difference in damage.

I use EX knives more than most, and EX knives need more plus frames. 5 more, to be exact.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash

Cybernetic and mixups? Are we playing the same game?

GAV

I main Kano and I think he needs slight improvements/fixes to really contend with the top. But that's in line with what everyone says.
He says he got the tech from Magishinobi's video...

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ex knife to jail would be nice but it's not needed. IMO fix his whiff issues etc and see what/if something is needed still

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Never EVER count jump in starters as accurate damage indicators. There was also no 40% 1 meter Cyber combo in there.

@MsMiharo Fixes are priority numero uno, but you look at Cyber, and it's the only thing cyber truly needs in my eyes, and just about everyone I've discussed this with has seen it as a very reasonable suggestion.

*sigh* People need to stop with the overhead stuff. How does it look like "a legit overhead"? He sticks his foot out in their face, there's nothing overheady about it really. Commando Kano isn't "missing" a B2 or F2 either, just because the other variations have one of them doesn't mean Commando needs it. You shouldn't need a way to condition them to block high if you play the character correctly, his mixup isn't overhead or low. You want to condition the opponent to either block low or neutral crouch. If they block low you throw them, if they neutral crouch you full combo them with B3.
command grab also connects on neutral crouch. block low or jump are the options, sometimes backdash.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Never EVER count jump in starters as accurate damage indicators. There was also no 40% 1 meter Cyber combo in there.
He does start a lot of combos with a cross-up. I always thought combos were combos.

GAV

So it's 40% with jip and 2 bars midscreen. Eh.
My bad man. When I'm getting hit, I'm more focused on the fight than the bars. My knowledge is more after-the-fact where I was like wow.

Sometimes, rather than end a combo - he'll purposely hiccup - and go into a mix-up. If I can block it, cool - but usually he slips it through - and that's where the frustration starts.

Now, I play a mean Sun God - and I consistently get 40+% on his combos, so I can match the damage - minus the mixups getting through. A well timed mixup slipping through means 60+%, not 40%.