What's new

General/Other - Kano KANO IS LIKE, BOTTOM ZERO GUYS

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Look, i know absolutely nothing about Tekken.

From what little i have seen, there are no projectiles.

What does zoning look like in Tekken?

:-p
Great movement with long range normals, especially ranged advancing normals that have counter hit stun properties. Zoning lives in the non fireball games indeed!

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Youph has been the village potato of the Kano forums since day 1, not sure why you guys would even attempt to have a conversation about Cybernetic Kano being bleh.

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
Were there any scorpions in top 64? If so I don't remember seeing any on stream. I feel like I saw almost every other character besides kano and scorp. I may be forgetting though

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
That Kitana had recieved buffs and Erron is quite good had nothing to do with it for Fox?

Because during the Fatal 8, he gad said he chose Erron over Mileena, a character he was known for in MK9, because Erron was safer.

That said, you've succinctly presented a more valid argument that i can get on board with than any of Youphemism's walls of bullshit.

Kudos. Enjoy the like.
Better communications comes with age.

Mileena was unsafe when the game first dropped. In addition, her roll wasn't (still isn't) low and her drop down special wasn't an overhead. He was smart not to just roll with her. The character he did pick had those high-low mixups he wanted. Still, he made this character.

Erron Black is good, but if it weren't for Sonic Fox - would he be as high in our minds? Would Erron Black have won any majors?

Kitana got buffed, but she's still not in that top tier according to most players. If Sonya played just like Kitana, you think he would be playing Sonya?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Were there any scorpions in top 64? If so I don't remember seeing any on stream. I feel like I saw almost every other character besides kano and scorp. I may be forgetting though
I think Kano, Scorpion, Takeda, and Goro had the lowest representation once you get around the Top 64 range. One nerfed char, one low tier, and one worst in the game tier. Look at the company Kano keeps. :DOGE

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I think Kano, Scorpion, Takeda, and Goro had the lowest representation once you get around the Top 64 range. One nerfed char, one low tier, and one worst in the game tier. Look at the company Kano keeps. :DOGE
But Saltshaker! Maining Kano means working harder for your victories than those top tier scum!

Don't you want to say that your wins mean more than the wins of the top tier because you worked harder, because moral victories?

Kano, like Cyber Sub Zero, is a tournament viable killing machine, brah!

GAV

I know you guys are just having fun with him, but don't disparage. You're pointing to one tournament and acting like you know everything. You certainly don't know as much about the character as the guys who have been playing him all year - like Pauly.

Have you ever even seen how he plays Kano? His Kano is a boss. He's making it work his own way.

Rude

I know you guys are just having fun with him, but don't disparage. You're pointing to one tournament and acting like you know everything. You certainly don't know as much about the character as the guys who have been playing him all year - like Pauly.

Have you ever even seen how he plays Kano? His Kano is a boss. He's making it work his own way.
I've played Kano since release. He was my first main. Since the game has been out for about four months(rounding), I've mained Kano for three of those four and only switched seriously to Quan Chi in the last month.

I still play Kano to help my training partners in the match.

So....

GAV

I've played Kano since release. He was my first main. Since the game has been out for about three months, I've mained Kano for two of those three and only switched seriously to Quan Chi in the last month.

I still play Kano to help my training partners in the match.

So....
OK. So, tell me what you think of these variation specific tweaks...

Improve the frames on block on his elbows in Commando.

Improve his Up Laser in Cybernetic. Also, speed up his B1.

Make the hitbox bigger on his F1 and B1 in Cutthroat.

Would that do it? These aren't very drastic, but I think they could tip the scales in his favor.

Rude

OK. So, tell me what you think of these variation specific tweaks...

Improve the frames on block on his elbows in Commando.

Improve his Up Laser in Cybernetic. Also, speed up his B1.

Make the hitbox bigger on his F1 and B1 in Cutthroat.

Would that do it? These aren't very drastic, but I think they could tip the scales in his favor.
If anything, you're not being generous enough. Lol

Yes, they're fine.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I stand corrected. I got 25th at Evo using all cybernetic kano. I'll be using him at EGL Dallas 10k as well so look for me on stream
I refuse to watch you play on the grounds that you're a big smelly willy. When is this event that I won't watch?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

:DOGE

I play this guy that has a nasty Cybernetic Kano. He has consistent 40%+ combos with one bar with Cybernetic Kano and he mixes up off of them. He's played since day 1.

Unless you stick it out with a character, you're not going to know what they can really do.
Situational corner combo you mean? Now I'm convinced you're just a scrub who has no idea what he's talking, or just a troll, or both. Please, enlighten us all on these "consistent 40%+ combos with one bar" Cyber has that he "mixes up off of them". Lmao! I'd love to level up my Kano with these combos your "friend" can do.
Play it off any way you like. I know I'm right. These are mid-screen combos. the Cybernetic Kano ones have been doin' work against me for a long time.
As I have said, you have proven that you know absolutely nothing about the character, which in turn means you are not qualified to comment on what he may or may not need. Until you can provide these "consistent 40+% 1 bar mid screen Cyber Kano" combos you speak, that you "know you're right" about, your opinion will continue being worthless. At best.
:coffee:

GAV

As I have said, you have proven that you know absolutely nothing about the character, which in turn means you are not qualified to comment on what he may or may not need. Until you can provide these "consistent 40+% 1 bar mid screen Cyber Kano" combos you speak, that you "know you're right" about, your opinion will continue being worthless. At best.

:coffee:
If it's worthless at best, isn't that just worthless? In order for it to be worthless at best - that means it could be less than nothing, making it a negative; It must be counter to what you believe - and must have at least a few people that recognize it for being worth something.

Again, you would rather not have a discussion - because you just want what you want.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
So i thought about taking my time and picking apart this diatribe(again) and explain in nuance all the things you don't seem to be grasping.

Especially since you seem to question my reasoning for certain statements when all if them are counterarguements to your talking points.

Instead, I'll simply ask again:

Can you give me five objective, fact based reasons why i would ever choose Kano over characters I've named previously?

What does Kano do that other characters cannot do better?

What competitive advantage am i giving myself by playing Kano over the named characters?

Oh, and I do have my own opinions. Unlike you, i am smart enough not to cling to bad ideas if i am presented with better ones. In other words, i can change my mind.

Clearly, you're too stubborn and afraid of the blow up to do that.

Here, I'll help you out:

1) Cutthroat's damage output is amazing.
2)
3)
4)
5)

Only 4 more to go! You can do it!

But probably not.
lasers be mad fun
rewarding gameplay
bragging rights
hella swag

EZ bb

Reactions: GAV

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
If it's worthless at best, isn't that just worthless? In order for it to be worthless at best - that means it could be less than nothing, making it a negative; It must be counter to what you believe - and must have at least a few people that recognize it for being worth something.

Again, you would rather not have a discussion - because you just want what you want.
Nah tbh what we want is 40+% midscreen combos

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
Sonic Fox is like Chris G, who are both just like Pauly in this respect.

They play who gives them the most joy - and who they can identify with. Erron Black's status is directly tied to Sonic Fox. So is Kitana's. Name another successful Erron Black on the tourney scene. Name another Kitana outside of Sonic Fox and Kitana Prime. Name another Reptile other than Chris G.

The game progresses as players emerge through their characters.

You're talking strategy in terms of best, but these guys don't want to run with a strategy they didn't develop. Truth is, the real hardcore character players want to do things their way - with their character. The easiest way is to go with the optimum way, but that doesn't move this game forward.

Now, I don't begrudge anyone going with the best way - especially if they put in the work to perfect it, but I certainly won't begrudge someone for wanting to do things their way. Success the best way is to be applauded. Success their own way gets a standing O.

Just my opinion.
a reptile literally just made top 8 at evo what lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

What I want is for you to shed some of your glorious Kano expertise and enlighten us all to these "40%+ consistent 1 bar mid screen Cyber Kano combos" that you "know you're right about". The ones that your highly skilled friend uses.

What are these amazing combos that many of our inferior skill levels aren't using? What are the inputs?

I'll wait.