What's new

Tech - Tremor Jailing with tremor on block

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
sweet, just tried that there.
could only get it to work in corner though, seems midscreen it pushes back too far (f1 whiffed when i turned reversal off to check the spacing)
will add to op
Yes forgot to add that

A good way to implement is after meaty overhead rock set up. Everyone blocks low after which means they won't neutral crouch the f3 and from there u can pressure.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
3-4 frame window to be exact (still determining the exact advantage, expect a post updating it soon)

Regardless, there's a nice buffer on the FB RC that makes the cancel pretty easy in the spectrum of run cancels IMO, especially looping f213. I played DF LK for the first time in casuals a few days ago and was able to consistently jail my opponent.

On topic of Tremor's EX punch cancels, the input is really annoying and totally different than any other characters due to it being an ex move instead of a normal special. I don't doubt it can be done consistently but having done it with many other chars my fingers don't like it one bit.
I think HT Jacqui might have the most difficult run cancels in terms of jailing. B14~QBRC jailing into 1 is probably a 1 frame link. B2~QBRC is much more lenient, but the timing becomes weird as you wait for the quick burst to come out before canceling.

Anyway, these Tremor jailing strings are nice to know. ex rock toss - ground pulse too dirty!

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
NRS games where you can punish the opponent's:
- Whiffed move
- Unsafe move
- Successful Block

But cannot punish their
- Pokes because they just poke again
- Fast advancing specials because they beat out your normals
- 50/50 mixups because it's still not your turn if you guess right.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
3-4 frame window to be exact (still determining the exact advantage, expect a post updating it soon)

Regardless, there's a nice buffer on the FB RC that makes the cancel pretty easy in the spectrum of run cancels IMO, especially looping f213. I played DF LK for the first time in casuals a few days ago and was able to consistently jail my opponent.

On topic of Tremor's EX punch cancels, the input is really annoying and totally different than any other characters due to it being an ex move instead of a normal special. I don't doubt it can be done consistently but having done it with many other chars my fingers don't like it one bit.

I'd bump it up on my list of frame data priorities if I knew @GGA N1k0lasss would practice the cancels enough to implement them :p
Fair enough, I was just regurgitating information I've read on here so it could very well be wrong. I expected Tremor's run cancel to be like Predator's, which aren't hard at all. I love RC characters though so Tremor might be next on my to learn list after reading this thread though.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
. I expected Tremor's run cancel to be like Predator's, which aren't hard at all. .
shatter cancels yea but ex stone punch cancels? your in for a surprize there if you think they're like preds.
predators cancels are more like tanyas than tremors, no run cancel, just two directional buttons cancel

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
found out about a new one i didnt know about f12~ex stone punch cancel to f1 jails.
credit to djts twitter for that one :D

this new find made me look again and found 21/11~ex stone punch cancel to f1 jails aswell, very tight cancels though

Does anyone know how to do the instant stone punch cancels that have no gaps? I know u can cancel out of ex but ive seen people do the cancel that allows them to follow up right after but i dont know how to do it. Not aure if its a glitxh or what because its not in moves list

marietta1200

Best Coast
Does anyone know how to do the instant stone punch cancels that have no gaps? I know u can cancel out of ex but ive seen people do the cancel that allows them to follow up right after but i dont know how to do it. Not aure if its a glitxh or what because its not in moves list
What don't you understand, exactly? Have you set your opponent to reversal (preferably a fast one... Or at last build up to it) in practice and just done F121 ex DB2 RC F121? If a 6f reversal doesn't come out then you've got it.

What don't you understand, exactly? Have you set your opponent to reversal (preferably a fast one... Or at last build up to it) in practice and just done F121 ex DB2 RC F121? If a 6f reversal doesn't come out then you've got it.
I know you can cancel it but when i do it tremor just rolla forward. Wgen ive seen people cancel right out of it without rolling

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yo that shit is ridiculously hard to jail. Couldnt get it once with subzeros meter burn slide. Probably easier with different reversals.
Yea dude it's brutal to land. Thankfully you don't have be johnny on the spot to armor run in. I only really use it for that and when I'm fairly certain the opponent will block. I wouldn't be surprised to see this nerfed, it's really underutilized and pretty tough to use well but it's soooooo good.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Super late info here but from my testing 21d4 EX stone punch cancel is +7 as it jails into f1 with a VERY tight link and f121 is theoretically +10 because although I can't get s2 to jail due to execution, you can immediately go for a throw out of the run cancel and it will whiff, meaning the opponent is still in blockstun, and throws being 10 frames means it's +10 at least.