What's new

Tech - Tremor Jailing with tremor on block

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I'm sure some people will know about this things but just as a resource of people wanting to learn the matchup or pick up the character though id post them up.
Rather than talking about jailing on hit like how d1/d3 on hit guarantees a f1/2 that cant be low profiled/armored (yes online players that's a thing) or follow ups to lava shatter in corner etc etc this will be focused on jailing the opponent on block.

Universal
f121~ex stone punch run cancel - f1
f12~ex stone punch run cancel - f1
21~ex stone punch run cancel - f1
21d4u4~ex stone punch run cancel - f1
b1d4u4~ex stone punch run cancel - f1
b32~ex stone punch run cancel - f1
11~ex stone punch run cancel - f1
f3~ex stone punch run cancel - f1/2/1/b3/d1/d3/d4
f3~shatter cancel (corner only) - f1
rock toss (up close) - f1/2/1/d1/d3
ex rock toss (up close) - run f1/2/1/d1/d2/d3/d4/b2
ex rock toss (full screen) - ground pulse
overhead rock drop - f1/2/1/d1
ex overhead rock drop - f1/2/1/b3/d1/d3/d4/b1/b2
Neutral jump punch (deep on way back down) - f1
f4 - f1 (corner touching distance only)

Crystalline
ex rolling kutter - run f1/2/1/d1/d3/d4
ex rolling kutter (full screen) - ground pulse
crystal throw (up close) - run f1/d1

Aftershock
ex rolling kutter (3/4 screen) - air earth shake (will combo if kutter hits)
ex rolling kutter (full screen) - ground pulse
rock toss (full screen) - air earth shake
ex ground earth shake explosion - f1/2/b3/b1/b2/d1/d2/d3/d4 (it is possible to lose all plus frames off this move depending on timing/what string was used)

Metallic
ex rolling kutter (gold only) - run f1/2/1/d1/d3/d4
ex rolling kutter (gold only) (full screen) - ground pulse
ex up shatter (gold only) (full screen) - ground pulse

Last edited:

1man3letters

Thank you.
no thank you, your the reason i decided to make this thread haha since you were talking about jailing on hit in the tier list thread i thought be good idea.
i didnt bother putting in that aftershocks shatters jail on block when crystalline ones dont and other standard blockstrings that jail like f121~stone punch or stuff like that etc etc

also to any df liu kang players that might be reading this thread that say you need "tight execution" to loop his blockstrings, loop tremors stone punch cancels 10 for 10 (not the f3 one) & then get back to me.

1man3letters

Haha. I like how you mentioned to the online players that d1/d3 guarantees a f12. its so fucking annoying when I hit a d1/d3 and they just mash out of it and low profile my follow up string.
its a plague man, even people who know about frame data do it, its well annoying. online prison rulez in full effect.

offline people can try do it all day if they want, ill take that free combo thanks. no worries to me.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
also to any df liu kang players that might be reading this thread that say you need "tight execution" to loop his blockstrings, loop tremors stone punch cancels 10 for 10 (not the f3 one) & then get back to me.
Not to be an asshole, but Liu's F213xxFBRCxxF2 is a 2 frame link now and his iAFBs are ridiculous to do on pad. I'm sure Tremor is still execution heavy though but I haven't tried him out properly yet.

1man3letters

Not to be an asshole, but Liu's F213xxFBRCxxF2 is a 2 frame link now and his iAFBs are ridiculous to do on pad. I'm sure Tremor is still execution heavy though but I haven't tried him out properly yet.
ah it was more of a joke of even before they were changed and you could do it with a dash kang forum werent saying the run cancels need "pin point execution" :rolleyes:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I'm sure some people will know about this things but just as a resource of people wanting to learn the matchup or pick up the character though id post them up.
Rather than talking about jailing on hit like how d1/d3 on hit guarantees a f1/2 that cant be low profiled/armored (yes online players that's a thing) or follow ups to lava shatter in corner etc etc this will be focused on jailing the opponent on block.

Universal
f121~ex stone punch run cancel - f1
21d4u4~ex stone punch run cancel - f1
b1d4u4~ex stone punch run cancel - f1
b32~ex stone punch run cancel - f1
f3~ex stone punch run cancel - f1/2/d1/d3/d4
rock toss (up close) - f1/2/d1/d3/d4
ex rock toss (full screen) - ground pulse
overhead rock drop - f1/2/b3/d1/d3/d4 (b1/b2 if you input as soon as db3 recovery ends & max d4 distance is max range you can run in from a rock drop and still jail a f1)

Crystalline
crystal throw (corner only) - run f1/d1

Aftershock
ex rolling kutter (3/4 screen) - air earth shake (will combo if kutter hits)
rock toss (full screen) - air earth shake
ex ground earth shake explosion - f1/2/b3/b1/b2/d1/d2/d3/d4 (it is possible to lose all plus frames off this move depending on timing/what string was used)

Metallic
ex rolling kutter (gold only) - run f1/2/1/d1/d3/d4
ex up shatter (gold only) (full screen) - ground pulse

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
If it jails, I'm sure you can continue into whatever block pressure you want starting with f1. f12(1) into whatever you choose.
i only have the 1st hit of each string that will jail noted so where is says f1 you'd do f121 into whatever.
same if it just says 2, do 212 or 21d4u4
I meant that your follow up is either the f1 string or 2 string. Was checking if there was anything besides that. I haven't played tremor in a minute so I wasn't sure if some new stuff got found out.

1man3letters

I meant that your follow up is either the f1 string or 2 string. Was checking if there was anything besides that. I haven't played tremor in a minute so I wasn't sure if some new stuff got found out.
the follow ups are what the frame advantage let jail, different for different stuff.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
My "play Raiden" post was in response to this because no one respects Raiden hit advantage

1man3letters

forgot all about njp to f1 being able to jail but remembered when looking at some 33 ender stuff, added it to op

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
3-4 frame window to be exact (still determining the exact advantage, expect a post updating it soon)

Regardless, there's a nice buffer on the FB RC that makes the cancel pretty easy in the spectrum of run cancels IMO, especially looping f213. I played DF LK for the first time in casuals a few days ago and was able to consistently jail my opponent.

On topic of Tremor's EX punch cancels, the input is really annoying and totally different than any other characters due to it being an ex move instead of a normal special. I don't doubt it can be done consistently but having done it with many other chars my fingers don't like it one bit.

I'd bump it up on my list of frame data priorities if I knew @GGA N1k0lasss would practice the cancels enough to implement them :p

1man3letters

My buddy found this not me but

F3 rock cancel (db 1 dd) f121 jails if frame perfect
sweet, just tried that there.
could only get it to work in corner though, seems midscreen it pushes back too far (f1 whiffed when i turned reversal off to check the spacing)
will add to op

1man3letters

3-4 frame window to be exact (still determining the exact advantage, expect a post updating it soon)

Regardless, there's a nice buffer on the FB RC that makes the cancel pretty easy in the spectrum of run cancels IMO, especially looping f213. I played DF LK for the first time in casuals a few days ago and was able to consistently jail my opponent.

On topic of Tremor's EX punch cancels, the input is really annoying and totally different than any other characters due to it being an ex move instead of a normal special. I don't doubt it can be done consistently but having done it with many other chars my fingers don't like it one bit.

I'd bump it up on my list of frame data priorities if I knew @GGA N1k0lasss would practice the cancels enough to implement them :p
yea im on stick same as yourself and his ex stone punch cancel can really give your hands a work out, his cancels off it "cost" more stamina than others aswell it seems. but on the plus side you feel like a awesome when you jail someone with them or instant cancel into a throw

well id appreciate any tremor frame data work you do end up doing, id like to know the accurate frame data on alot of the shatter cancels.
im a frame data whore haha

Ye i need to start using them more.
This thread is rock solid huehue