What's new

Strategy Jade Frame Data

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Hey Somberness. If 4 is -10 on block and shadow kick is 0, will it be safe for me to do 4,df4 for pressure? I mean, would it be more reasonable to only use 4,df4? Or 12,df4 which has 9 frame start-up? These strings seem to cancel into df4. Also is d1 cancelable generaly, and into df4 in particular (seems like it to me)?

EDIT: d1 is not cancelable into df4. But is it safe to use d1,df4, or df4 starts the normal animation after d1 hits?

Somberness

Lights
Hey Somberness. If 4 is -10 on block and shadow kick is 0, will it be safe for me to do 4,df4 for pressure? I mean, would it be more reasonable to only use 4,df4? Or 12,df4 which has 9 frame start-up? These strings seem to cancel into df4. Also is d1 cancelable generaly, and into df4 in particular (seems like it to me)?

EDIT: d1 is not cancelable into df4. But is it safe to use d1,df4, or df4 starts the normal animation after d1 hits?
4 into shadow kick is safe only if the person does not neutral crouch after crouch blocking the 4. Same with 1,2. Cancelling from d1 is more unsafe because they could stand block and still crouch the kick. It is punishable, but there is the threat of the grab (which you should use more often then the kick) which makes it safer.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
4 into shadow kick is safe only if the person does not neutral crouch after crouch blocking the 4. Same with 1,2. Cancelling from d1 is more unsafe because they could stand block and still crouch the kick. It is punishable, but there is the threat of the grab (which you should use more often then the kick) which makes it safer.
Yeah, using grab would be some kind of a mindgame. It's just that flash kick has its positives and is good to use sometimes.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Hey. Blocked jip is -10 right? So if I jip on blocking opponent I have 10 frames for an attack or do I have 10f+start-up frames of the attack (e.g. 10+9=19 for jip,12)? As I remember blocked jip is cancelable so you have 10f before the opponent recovers, but I may be wrong.

Somberness

Lights
Blocked jump in punch is advantage, not minus. I haven't calculated it but it should be +17 at the lowest height.

I added shadow flash/glow active frames and delay.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
#ScrubQuestion :invisible: Does frame data include "recovery frames" of the character? E.g If Sektors 1 = 6 frames, does that include startup, active frames and recovery? Or is it just how fast the move"comes out".

Somberness

Lights
#ScrubQuestion :invisible: Does frame data include "recovery frames" of the character? E.g If Sektors 1 = 6 frames, does that include startup, active frames and recovery? Or is it just how fast the move"comes out".
Almost every execution number is just startup + 1 active frame. I probably would not include the 1 active frame if I had started this first, it just makes thing more complicated. One exception here is flash/glow, it is the number of frames before it becomes active. I guess I could include duration of a move, but not recovery because then I'd have to find the last active frame! You can sort of get the recovery by just subtracting the execution number from the duration anyway.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Are you sure Flash is 63 frames active? Is it around a second? It seems to last at least 1,5 seconds.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Sucks that she doesn't have anything with advantage on block. I think that being able to cancel into flash would help her blockstring game a whole lot to build meter. Canceling into glow would be hella stupid though.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Somberness I just tested 4f3 with the dummy always blocking standing and when the f3 connects I set the dummy to jump. Jade gets random advantage I think, because I jump at different times after recovering from blocked 4f3, sometime before the dummy, sometimes after the dummy and sometimes along with the dummy. Can you confirm this?

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Somberness I just tested 4f3 with the dummy always blocking standing and when the f3 connects I set the dummy to jump. Jade gets random advantage I think, because I jump at different times after recovering from blocked 4f3, sometime before the dummy, sometimes after the dummy and sometimes along with the dummy. Can you confirm this?
Poor Somberness getting bombarded with all the "random frame advantage" stuff :(

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I tested 4f3 with a human and, apparently, it's ok. I guess it was my error or the awesome training mode that misled me.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Can you explain why 1 is 9f and 12 is 8f or 34 being 24f and 342 - 19f? And what does this "Reboomerang Up (max range) - 36-39, second hit 56-68", for example, mean?

Somberness

Lights
Ignore the first numbers if there is more than one. The boomerang will hit on a different frame depending on where you are located on the stage and also if the first one hits or not.