What's new

Strategy Jade Frame Data

Somberness

Lights
Block data done. The 2 in 342 was difficult to figure out because it always seemed to miss against crouch block and the 4 has to be blocked low. I tried to get it so the dummy would block the 4 standing by switching to crouch block at the right frame but then I thought of something else. Switched the other player to Jade and she saved the day, timing her glow to absorb the first two hits. :)

...I have done too much frame data. :(

Thead

Noob
The 2nd frame is where her color changes so I suppose it is active then. It actually has a 1 frame startup if that is the case, as every number here includes startup + 1 active frame.
Great info, so Ex Glow IS stuffable, and I am not going insane. Phew.
BLOCK ADVANTAGE

staff grab - -11
shadow kick - 0
I always end blockstrings (unless stopping short for a throw) with one of these two moves. Shadow Kick moves you right in their face at neutral frames for added pressure, and Staff Grab is nearly 100% safe and leaves you with very good spacing. Shadow Kick is actually duckable with block crouch after some blockstrings, whereas Staff Grab is not. Learning how to mix up between these two is important for any Jade player I feel.

Keep on trucking XXZ you and DrDogg are helping the whole community with this data.

Somberness

Lights
Not in this lifetime. I haven't added the reboomerang stuff on hit, just because there is more than one animation... but I will soon.

Thank you for posting the hit advantage. I was wondering if 122 or a second shadow kick was better to use, I guess sometimes I'll have to choose positioning over damage.

And low boomerang being -9 on hit.. guessing that means the TAC reset isn't completely worth it?

I was actually wondering what it would be like if her 4 could be combod into DB2, or even :en DB2, if 4 reset, or if 4F3 staggered or something. Her standing 4 is probably one of my favorite pokes in the game, it's fast, hits mid, and has a deceivingly large range even beating out most characters D4.

Shaylan

GamerGurl
Thead is right the df4 / df2 mixup is a powerful tool. d3,4,df4 /df2 is pretty good for pressure and both can lead to potential 3db2 / 34db2EX further mixup.

Somberness

Lights
Recovery is something I still need to add. Until I do, I believe the high and normal boomerangs are pretty much the same.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Block data done. The 2 in 342 was difficult to figure out because it always seemed to miss against crouch block and the 4 has to be blocked low. I tried to get it so the dummy would block the 4 standing by switching to crouch block at the right frame but then I thought of something else. Switched the other player to Jade and she saved the day, timing her glow to absorb the first two hits. :)

...I have done too much frame data. :(
I guess this method, using Jade's glow, will help the other chars as well :) Great job, man. Thanks.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Wait a second... Staff overhead is 36 frames and en-Staff overhead is 32? It's only 4 frames, but visually it's faster, strange.
Anyway, I have a question for you Somberness. Suppose d4 hits and causes +12 stagger and you do staff overhead, which is 36 frames, does it mean the opponent has 36-12=24 frames to input any move till the overhead actually hits?

Somberness

Lights
Wait a second... Staff overhead is 36 frames and en-Staff overhead is 32? It's only 4 frames, but visually it's faster, strange.
Anyway, I have a question for you Somberness. Suppose d4 hits and causes +12 stagger and you do staff overhead, which is 36 frames, does it mean the opponent has 36-12=24 frames to input any move till the overhead actually hits?
Nope, since you can cancel your recovery with a special after a certain amount of frames, sometimes instantly. I believe they have 2 frames to interrupt because of the meter drain bug, 3 for x-ray. The meter drain bug does not apply to x-rays, instead, you are invincible and take no damage for the first frame. And in the case of Cage's x-ray, it simply does not parry or anything for that frame.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Thanks. What is this meter drain bug? Is there a thread about it anywhere? I don't think I encountered it in my gameplay.

It happens a lot. As a Sheeva player if I'd do a grab sometimes I'll end up blocking. I've only seen this happen with armored moves, e.g Kabals Dash, Sheevas grabs, Kenshis armored thing, etc. It sucks.

SLy

Noob
The Low rang has more recovery than mid and high?...I guess I would see why they did this..Its obvious that its her most effective rang..

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Hey Somberness, is there a way to find out the invincible/armored frames of an attack?

Somberness

Lights
Yeah, but it would take a while if it was some arbitrary number. I can think of 3 rules that armor moves should and might actually follow:
1. armor until first active frame
2. armor until last active frame, or from first to last
3. armor until recovery is over

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Yeah, but it would take a while if it was some arbitrary number. I can think of 3 rules that armor moves should and might actually follow:
1. armor until first active frame
2. armor until last active frame, or from first to last
3. armor until recovery is over
During active frames maybe, but recovery I don't think is armored as I get frozen by the ice clone at the end of en-flash kick.

Somberness

Lights
Depends on the move, x-rays seem to have armor even after the active frames are over. And Kung Lao's teleport has no active frames so you have to use recovery.