What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us: "The Schemes Of Lex Luthor" Trailer + 1st look at "Black Adam"

I don´t mind BA being a character for himself but we still need a villian for Wonderwoman and the flash and GL get two villian (from what I was told grundy is a GL villian not sure if true or not..)

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I don't know much about Black Adam bf he did that... wouldn't he die. He'd turn back into his human form which is like 700+ years old now.... right?
Don't know jackshit about the character, but I saw him shouting Shazam in the DCU Online trailer and there was a big ass explosion afterwards.

I find it a little odd that if Adam is playable that they where to lazy to change his lightning from blue to yellow that he have in the comic and anime/cartoon

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I will say this though...in action it might look pretty damned boss considering he will be at a SIDE VIEW for most everything he does and that will front his lightning bolt at the viewer from his half cape the whole time. This might have been done just to account for how you would hardly see anything but a solid black bodysuit during gameplay at a sideview normally from his original look. If so the boots and cape may just look a lot better in a match than in a cutscene.

We'll need gameplay though to confirm this design theory. Its just a thing for me right now since I'm having to redesign a character of my own creation right now after running color tests for it once I viewed it at a side view for gameplay. It just looked too dull from the side and needed a complete overhaul to account for it.

trufenix

bye felicia
Look specifically at the top right image. Around his leg area the textures look almost pixelated. I'd rather have Captain cold or another unique character in the game.
Hasn't been a single characters shown in trailer that wasn't confirmed playable yet. Not one. Why you gotta break balls?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
All this talk about "unique character" and "Shazam part deux" is ludicrous.

I said this in another thread about Powergirl but this is not the first fighting game to feature multiple projectile free characters in it and there are a TON of ways to differentiate such movesets from one another.

• She-Hulk style . A power character who has mashable lows, a slide to go under projectiles, crumples and command grabs to setup for big damage resets and throw damage punishes. Great characters in corner.
  • Dudley style. Dash striker with decent damage but rapid combos that are big, plus great counters, and high lows.
  • Nova style minus the projectiles. Big damned damage characters with lots of OTG's for combo extensions and lots of air dashes to cutoff approaches. Great at cornering.
  • Hugo Style. Big range on pokes, big damage on everything, command grabs for every angle of attack and deeeeep crossups to open people up.
  • Hybrid of Ralf and Clark from KoF13. Decent speed with strong normals, odd hitboxes, with a lot of crossups and overheads. Can cancel things into option selects of either strikes or grab attempts to keep people guessing. Once he gets a hit the combo is small but it is BIG.
So shut up about this "waste of a roster spot/he'll play the same" talk. Thats just a small selection of ALL the ways he could play and there are dozens more ways he could play in addition to that. Plus his gimmick isn't even known yet. For all we know his gimmick could be ripping up the God damned ground to gain projectile boulders to throw at folks.

Black Adam is a great character, and given the whole thunder and lightning thing he has in addition to his flight and strength he has a lot of potential for a great moveset. Especially since all Shazam got was some grabs and a summonable lightning bolt from above.

Oh stfu about that. We have Green Lantern part deux taking up a roster spot and he has totally different moves than GL. Let's wait and see what they do with Black Adam.
I feel the same about them as well. The dc inivers is filled to the brim.with characters. And lbsh, Adam and shazam fundamentally have the exact same powers. Lightno.g isn't manifesting into spider arms or buses or gatling guns. At least the lanterns can literally make different things.