What's new

Injustice - Filipino Champ calls out the MK community, "if we played MK none of you would ever win"

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
This guy has just set himself up for the most amazing pop offs ever

The guy who first beats him better own that pop off

Wen he loses I expect to hear "oh this game sucks cause it's like MK9, etc etc etc "

What a loon
Hoping he goes to ufgt and I get him first round!!!! Pop off on lock.

Although I would love to see you popping off. Lol

This guy has just set himself up for the most amazing pop offs ever
The guy who first beats him better own that pop off
Wen he loses I expect to hear "oh this game sucks cause it's like MK9, etc etc etc "
What a loon
To be fair, which other fighting games than MK9 did you give a chance recently (on a high competetive basis)?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
There is absolutely NO WAY to know who will be the most viable tournament pro for this game from any community. We know who are consistently solid players at the games they play, but thats about it. There's no Wong factor in KoF. Theres no Perfect Legend in Marvel. Theres no Chris G in Blaz Blue.

and currently there is no anyone in Injustice.

We have to wait till the game comes out to see who it clicks with folks. Everyone's communities going on blast right now is silly. We all just play fighting games with a lot of dedication. There's no way to predict what "our game" will be till they come out and we all compete.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
I guess I'm going to have to main doomsday against all the capcom players cause LBSH, I will destroy you all.

But I am a bit frightened of capcom players thoe. Every event I've went to, there always seems to be sewer construction goin on in the capcom sections :p

There is absolutely NO WAY to know who will be the most viable tournament pro for this game from any community. We know who are consistently solid players at the games they play, but thats about it. There's no Wong factor in KoF. Theres no Perfect Legend in Marvel. Theres no Chris G in Blaz Blue.

We have to wait till the game comes out to see who it clicks with folks. Everyone's communities going on blast right now is silly. We all just play fighting games with a lot of dedication. There's no way to predict what "our game" will be till they come out and we all compete.
Stop bringing logic, reason and sense into trash talk, you're ruining it :3

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

It's for the hype man, where's yo spirit at? Fighting games are embedded with hype, it's just apart of the culture. And a symptom of hype is trash talk, it's unavoidable.

Death

Noob
Juggs is the fuckin man, lol

Fillipino Chump, elitist capcom players who would never give the average joe the time of day and Diva whine and hold up tournaments,

thats why I love our community, no matter who you are, Top level player down to the very bottom, everyone talks to everyone, and it feels like more of a family.

They are no better then us, just that there top players have alot more time to play games and practice and get good, so don't underestimate them, just be ready to compete if you believe you can play at that level.

MK FOR LIFE!!!
Are you crazy. There's a ton of divas in our community lol

Goku

Noob
In advance: Sorry for the upcoming wall of text. I just summed up ALL of my thoughts on the topic.

1) Tournament-wise UMVC3 stands above MK9 in terms of everything: hype, money, participants, competition, fan-base.
There is no doubt that UMVC3 is superior to MK9 and that the Injustice hype finalls starts attracting more and more people from other communities, which MK9 did not do. And what was neccessary for that? Vast changes to the mechanics in the game.

2) The Capcom pro players already have their focus on certain games, very often on at least 2 or 3, because there is the most money in these games.
I want to see MK9 pro players playing multiple fighting games at the same time and making a name for themselves over and over again. No, they stick to MK9, a game that vastly differs from many other standard fighting games on the market. It's easy for you to talk trash and call other people bad for not being able to own in MK9, while you wouldn't do any better in their games.

3) Capcom games have much more talented players in the community... Let's face it :-7 One does not simply compare himself with Daigo, Infiltration, Justin Wong, Chris G, Combofiend, MarlinPie and so on.
Out of all the Capcom players FilipinoChamp is the one who considers himself as a not very talented person. He said that he has to practice on a daily basis for hours to be able to compete with the others. He sacrifices a lot for UMVC3 and that brought him a win in EVO 2012.
If he picks up Injustice and takes it seriously (which might not happen, because chances are high that he will continue to make more money with UMVC3), then expect him to probably put more effort into the game than any other guy in this community.

4) Ultimately ... It's kinda a shame to see the reactions from the people here. This is now way past saltyness and stuff like that. The stuff that goes on in this thread is sheer stupidity and that's indeed a pity. It's actually something you would expect from SRK's front page, yet we have it now here as well.
The biggest wish from NRS with Injustice is probably to make the game more accessable to other communities. That's also the reason why they try to cover up a lot of options to make it more interesting for other players, so that they would have a game that feels more familiar to the stuff they play (Capcom fighters obviously)
Yet you people question and trash-talk their skills. And it's not a simple calling out right now or something like that, you're calling them bad and insulting them, because they were not able to pick up MK9, a game that is vastly different than everything they played before and that offers less money and less sponsors than the games they usually play.

You all remind me of Nick Diaz. He is a good mixed martial artist. In the ring he can outbox a lot of people, but as soon as they take him down, he starts bitching about MMA being shifted towards wrestling.
It's the same story now. The Capcom players would punch the living crap out of you, but as soon as the fights goes to the ground (I hope you realize how I used that example to also showcase where MK9 stands compared with Capcom fighters), they don't know what to do and you start talking trash, because they don't know how to fight at the ground, yet at the same time, your stand-up is pure garbage.

Injustice will combine the two worlds. The only similarity I personally see in Injustice and MK9 is the combo system, which is not purely based on hit-stuns like basically most of the Capcom fighters.
If Capcom players manage to get past that and pick the game up well, then damn ... expect their talented people to beat your pro players.

Also as a note: I'm not biased towards any community. I'm just hinting out ignorance. No offense.
Honestly, I don't why some of you still pull the 'this game is better than the other' shit. It doesn't matter if one says MK9 is better than SF, or vice versa. PLAY THE DAMN GAME THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY AND YOU ENJOY, FUCK WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS LOL! To you, MK9 might be the worst fighter ever, but to others it could be the best(same with SF, DOA, Tekken, etc). Just respect others opinions, and be happy with YOUR game but don't hate on others for liking their game better than yours.

shaowebb

It's for the hype man, where's yo spirit at? Fighting games are embedded with hype, it's just apart of the culture. And a symptom of hype is trash talk, it's unavoidable.
Oh believe me I know. I just thought I'd throw the voice of reason out for a moment since after being deep in Marvel since pre-launch I can tell you that you don't want to take the bait with F. Champ. He plays heel on purpose and its part of what makes him so dangerous. He talks as much crap as often and as loud as he can so that come time to play dudes are already harboring enough resentment to make them play a bit too aggressive.

He is one of the tightest reaction punish players around and he usually plays offensive walls to force people into getting too aggressive on him. He acts like this and plays characters just to frustrate people into making reckless maneuvers. He will be a contender because he is just that damned good, but whether or not he becomes a threat will depend on his matchups and how easily he gets folks to fall into his game.

So I'm just warning folks planning to compete...don't take the bait. Just ignore this guy and play as focused and chesslike as possible. He thrives on dudes hating him and knows how to make it work in his favor.

Honestly, I don't why some of you still pull the 'this game is better than the other' shit. It doesn't matter if one says MK9 is better than SF, or vice versa. PLAY THE DAMN GAME THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY AND YOU ENJOY, FUCK WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS LOL! To you, MK9 might be the worst fighter ever, but to others it could be the best(same with SF, DOA, Tekken, etc). Just respect others opinions, and be happy with YOUR game but don't hate on others for liking their game better than yours.
Just stop.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
If i remember correctly PR rog played this game in the beginning, got served, Chris G after a while before getting into UMVC3 fully, started to decline fast, Sabin got bodied routinely at this game. The only one known to be successful was Justin, but let's face it...he's Jwong for christ's sake.

And PL isn't our best player, not by a long shot.

But let's face it, this is hype as hell, let's put this exemplar of a human being in his place. 5v5 our community v 5 from the capcom games? Make it happen!

Justice

Noob

No we can't know, but we can predict who will be bad ass, at least in the beginning.

And I did say IF the anime players get onboard....

Black Adam and Supes got dem air dashes :3
Dammit. I thought I saw some. My bad. :oops:

shaowebb

If i remember correctly PR rog played this game in the beginning, got served, Chris G after a while before getting into UMVC3 fully, started to decline fast, Sabin got bodied routinely at this game. The only one known to be successful was Justin, but let's face it...he's Jwong for christ's sake.

And PL isn't our best player, not by a long shot.

But let's face it, this is hype as hell, let's put this exemplar of a human being in his place. 5v5 our community v 5 from the capcom games? Make it happen!
I pick from Marvel

• Justin Wong
  • Chris G
  • Filipino Champ
  • Marlin Pie
  • Mike Ross (we need a face and a grappler. Likely he'll lose.)
Pick your 5. We can contact Bar Fights and see if they will set it up.

You stop with your ignorant posts.
How would you know? You didn't even read them, because if you did, you would know that you're talking about shit I never even mentioned, because I never even had it in mind and I wouldn't because it's exactly as you stated it, yet I was making a different point, that you did not get.

So it's basically you trying to school me on stuff you think it's right, which I acknowledge anyway and during that you miss the entire point of my post.
So you quote me, I get an alert and check it out, because there might be someone who understood my post and now has a comment to it and when I read the comment, I'm amazed by the meaningless of it, because the guy who responded to me doesn't know where his left thumb and where his right thumb is.

Just stop, man.

How would you know? You didn't even read them, because if you did, you would know that you're talking about shit I never even mentioned, because I never even had it in mind and I wouldn't because it's exactly as you stated it, yet I was making a different point, that you did not get.

So it's basically you trying to school me on stuff you think it's right, which I acknowledge anyway and during that you miss the entire point of my post.
So you quote me, I get an alert and check it out, because there might be someone who understood my post and now has a comment to it and when I read the comment, I'm amazed by the meaningless of it, because the guy who responded to me doesn't know where his left thumb and where his right thumb is.

Just stop, man.
STOP!

>>

<<

(hammertime)