What's new

Injustice Balance Patch: Joker Changes Preview From Ed Boon

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Interesting.
I'm less interested in a 1f parry as I am in having it able to be used on wakeup and as a reversal like every other parry in the game- hope that happens as well.
Changes to the crowbar should prove to be HUGE if done correctly. I'll hold off until I see the frame data, but that helps his mobility and midscreen game a ton, and the improved recovery after the MB version may help with setups!
Not sure I understand the acid flower change... it's already +4. Haven't experienced an issue with inconsistency there.
Still hoping to see fixes to the mid strings that whiff on duck for alot of the class and some other glitches like that, but alot of people have those.
All in all, good start! We'll see what is made possible from these.

snort

Noob
This isn't what Joker needs. Im sure there's more coming. Just give him a MB flower stun and call it a day.

StevoSuprem0

I think NRS is telling all you Joker mains to use his fucking parry more.
Most parry's are used as reversals and wakeups- Joker's CAN'T be used as either of those. That's the real change it needs, not a move from 2f to 1f startup.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I think NRS is telling all you Joker mains to use his fucking parry more.
I'm not a Joker main, so no one freak out, but I was curious about something.

Would Joker be overpowered if his trait didn't run out after each parry? I personally thought it was kind of silly when I found out that the parry buff only lasts for a short amount of time. The risk/reward doesn't seem very properly proportioned to me.

StevoSuprem0

Would Joker be overpowered if his trait didn't run out after each parry? I personally thought it was kind of silly when I found out that the parry buff only lasts for a short amount of time. The risk/reward doesn't seem very properly proportioned to me.
We've talked about that alot in the Joker forums. I don't think it would be overpowered simply because the trait buff isn't that great anyway. Just makes him better in the air, which he is already good at.

trufenix

bye felicia

I suspect its just a design thing, it wouldn't be much of a "trait" if he just used it once and was buffed the whole round.

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Sweet, this should make getting those HA levels easier. Maybe we can finally discuss how to fully utilize them.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I suspect its just a design thing, it wouldn't be much of a "trait" if he just used it once and was buffed the whole round.
Like I said, I don't know much about the character, but the way I see it, if you can make a good enough read and have the balls to throw out a parry you should be rewarded. And if you want to do it again and are successful, you should be rewarded again. Up to three times is nice. But I suppose you're right, and they don't want to make it a "use it three times and that's it" sort of thing.

trufenix

bye felicia
Like I said, I don't know much about the character, but the way I see it, if you can make a good enough read and have the balls to throw out a parry you should be rewarded. And if you want to do it again and are successful, you should be rewarded again. Up to three times is nice. But I suppose you're right, and they don't want to make it a "use it three times and that's it" sort of thing.
well, its like every trait in the game definitely has an "on" and an "off" wether that be via cooldown after use or only active while you're holding the button or whatever. Actually wait, does Ares' ever lose the ability to throw swords? I can count the number of times I've picked him on one hand.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
lets get one thing straight, jokers HAs only hinder him, he cant even do some of his setups when at lvl 3 lol, lvl 2 is the best