What's new

General/Other - Kenshi I keep hearing Kenshi is bad...

Nicolas Floyd

Chi Commander.
My bad, I just seem to recall seeing a tier list with joker, shazam and lex at the bottom, and complaints of lex's hit box being too big which made him susceptible to a lot of added attacks during juggles, especially in the corner. This was early on in the game if memory serves, but that was also two years ago, I could be wrong and I'm not a lex player by any means.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Aside from the obvious stuff Kenshi needs, would breaker not draining stamina at all in Balanced help him a good a amount? I figured all zoning variations in the game would benefit from that a lot, but I dunno.

kenshis ex sword spin move in kenjutsu should have a bigger pop up and be a little safer on block i mean you are using a meter for it. i really hope he gets buffed

Bopper69

Noob
Im absolutely gutted. As an average player im always gonna have my ass handed to me by someone whos decent with lets say Kung Jin or Erron black. Ive tried sticking to him but it's just not fun against better players. Ive decided to main Ermac instead but maybe ill go back to Kenshi if he gets some buffs :p

gibster13

A fan of fans
I will never leave kenshi. so what if he is shit. He isn't that bad, alright zoning,good damage and fast low. He has no overheads but his low catches a lot of people. His match ups are alright as far as I can tell as well. Have a bit of faith

kenshi is bad right now. Theres not hidden tech, nothing "special" to be discovered, nothing lol. It is what it is. what you see with kenshi is EXACTLY what we are getting right now. Super negative specials, no strings to open up opponents besides his kenjutsu variation (which requires meter anyway to get good damage). He does have a pretty good wake up game because of RK so i have to give him that buuuut with no meter you might as well throw in the flag. It can be extremely hard to deal with him when his zoning is weak and he just has no way to open you up. I would say you can get away with alot because the game is still very very young but the community is leveling up so fast (for the most part) that you cant get away with things anymore. I personally have moved onto kotal kahn, and takeda, and goro again.

edit
I also fell like his start up on alot of his specials are crazy slow as well. I cant tell you how many times ive made a read on a jump in and i end up getting punished for it because RK comes out to slow. Same can go for possesed and the start up on some of his specials

Last edited:

nodq

wicked
because we dont have noob saibot anymore. i play kenshi very often. i like to own bad players with their OP charakters thinking they are good. and i play (in their eyes mostly) bad kenshi and i win, and on top of that i play lame. (actually no other way to play online because of stupid massive lags lol). just like with noobsaibot, people will hate you.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Aside from the obvious stuff Kenshi needs, would breaker not draining stamina at all in Balanced help him a good a amount? I figured all zoning variations in the game would benefit from that a lot, but I dunno.
they won't make an exception to that rule just for kenshi. Also I don't think that would help as much anyway. If they did that though joker and lex would be salty about losing their pushblock shit on account of sinestro

DabJr 187

Twitter NE_8a_DabJr & Twitch NE_8A_DabJr
Nah dude Pig was salty for whatever reason..some people say he's bottom 3 and what not but I believe the character just hasn't been fleshed out enough that's all. Kenshi is definitely not no bottom tier, as well as top tier. Like someone said earlier in this thread he's mid tier he's a solid/fair character my dude

actually i remember tom and reo released a tier list a couple months in that had lex as the worst in the game lol
Kenshi isn't a snowballed nor setup oriented character, the only way I seem him projecting much better than now is abusing his tp in poss.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Kenshi isn't a snowballed nor setup oriented character, the only way I seem him projecting much better than now is abusing his tp in poss.
no i pretty much agree with pig. also if lex didn't get his buffs in the final patch he probably would've struggled a lot more than he did in the end. kenshi can get fair buffs to make him viable long-term and not be OP

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Kenshi has an overhead, he has two overheads in possessed iirc one is a string and one is a move
Yea, he definitely has overheads in all his variations. But they're practically worthless since they cause pennies worth of damage and don't lead into anything.

The one exception is Kenjutsu with his f2 into rising sword, but the problem is it's like a 1 frame link to score marginal damage afterwards.

Kenshi is a low damage mediocre zoning character where your only real threat is to block low.