What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Down 2

Noob
Bane is getting absolutely no love at any of the events
Tell me about it, I was really hoping that write up would have some kind of info on Bane but sadly it didn't. I just want some kind of overview of his moves and to know exactly what his trait does and how it's applicable. I guess we're gonna have to wait until release :(

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
He'll be one of my mains for sure, probably my first.

I thought Bane was pretty cool in one of the Batman movies from quite awhile back. Forget the name, but it had George Clooney and Uma Thurman. I haven't seen DKR yet.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I'm not that interested, but I really wanna see what he has. He doesn't seem to have a projectile. Like Doomsday. Has a charge, like doomsday. Has an anti air, like doomsday.

All that really sets him apart so far, is a powerful unblockable super, and weird floaty jumps.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'm not that interested, but I really wanna see what he has. He doesn't seem to have a projectile. Like Doomsday. Has a charge, like doomsday. Has an anti air, like doomsday.

All that really sets him apart so far, is a powerful unblockable super, and weird floaty jumps.
It's been said that he's a mix between grappler and rushdown, and Doomsday is pretty much all rush.

I expect maybe some small chain grapples and possibly more mix-ups to compensate for him being so slow.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
It's been said that he's a mix between grappler and rushdown, and Doomsday is pretty much all rush.

I expect maybe some small chain grapples and possibly more mix-ups to compensate for him being so slow.
So hes the bridge between Grundy and Doomsday. That's ok, but his absolute lack of representation suggests that hes weak, or people are stupid. Well, people are stupid. And a lot of times, good characters that are hard to use are overlooked, but really, we haven't seen much that would make him good. Plus, his appearance, voice acting and outro are so disappointing.

Yet, for some reason, I keep wanting to find out more. Hes a guilty pleasure of mine.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
So hes the bridge between Grundy and Doomsday. That's ok, but his absolute lack of representation suggests that hes weak, or people are stupid. Well, people are stupid. And a lot of times, good characters that are hard to use are overlooked, but really, we haven't seen much that would make him good. Plus, his appearance, voice acting and outro are so disappointing.

Yet, for some reason, I keep wanting to find out more. Hes a guilty pleasure of mine.
I like the way he looks. Maybe a bit less toned down(and less veiny) but the cybergoth look he has and his mask is pretty fucking sweet. He's either going to be slept on during release because people are familiar with other characters, or he's going to be hugely popular because nobody knows a thing about him. (I'll be looking into him too)

I don't think it suggests that; it's likely that people were more interested in other characters, or he was just too difficult to adapt to in tournaments on the fly since I think he'll need to rely on his trait often.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I don't think it suggests that; it's likely that people were more interested in other characters, or he was just too difficult to adapt to in tournaments on the fly since I think he'll need to rely on his trait often.
If only we knew what it was...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
If only we knew what it was...
It was said to be armor/immunity to projectiles but nobody's used it properly so I dunno.

I wonder if it's stackable like Lex has it, or it needs to be done multiple times in succession.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
It was said to be armor/immunity to projectiles but nobody's used it properly so I dunno.

I wonder if it's stackable like Lex has it, or it needs to be done multiple times in succession.
It sounds useful, but context of its use is necessary. We didn't really see him doing anything that seemed like a trait move in his only gameplay. He once kinda lifted his arm in triumph, but that was probably his round win animation.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
From a source at a tourney, banes venom is applied in stacks. More stacks, faster it drains.

Hes like grundy more than doomsday supposedly. Has a command grab and an unblockable.

Body Press
Down Back Forward + Heavy
Raging Charge
Back Forward + Light
Double Punch
Back Forward + Medium
Venom Uppercut
Down Back + Medium
Ring Slam
Down Back + Light

I should also mention that Bane's Venom boost has 0 start up and recovery frames so you can do it mid combo