What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
-snippity-

Also as noting, considering the cooldown and damage reduction, you should focus more on jab strings when its on cooldown since the scaling isn't going to matter much when your only doing 9%. I'd imagine that he has some nice extened length combos we can rly on to help pass the time with minimal problems.

Down 2

Noob
Also as noting, considering the cooldown and damage reduction, you should focus more on jab strings when its on cooldown since the scaling isn't going to matter much when your only doing 9%. I'd imagine that he has some nice extened length combos we can rly on to help pass the time with minimal problems.
I hope he does but the only combos we have seen so far are 3 hit string into special and he just seems like a character with short but damaging combos. Anyone here play Bane long enough to see if he had lengthy combos?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I hope he does but the only combos we have seen so far are 3 hit string into special and he just seems like a character with short but damaging combos. Anyone here play Bane long enough to see if he had lengthy combos?
Everyone has lengthy combos.

Launcher into bounce into string into AA grab = lengthy combo.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I know he has combos to lift them high enough to command toss down, so I can imagine they can be utilized to juggle for at least a little bit.
We only need... what... 12 seconds?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Probably do the three kicks into a wall bounce into the launcher combo, burn 1 meter for the air grab. Should take up about 8 or 9 seconds on its own.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Insightful as always Whitenoise. So meter burns on his throws don't increase the time so much, do you have any ideals on how long those combos might take?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Depends how you play it I suppose. What do you think? I heard chris G saying its best to use 2 bats over 3, so do you think its better to use level 2 mainly with only using 3 as a sort of spare change for the approach toll?

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Out of all the footage we've seen, I never heard Bane talk in the actual game yet.
If you played Arkham Asylum/City, he sounds the same. Voiced by the same guy who voiced him in those games.

I personally don't think Fred Tatasciore is a good fit for Bane. He's an awesome Grundy/Hulk... But he can't be suave and intellectual enough to do Bane justice... Oh well...

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I saw a video of a clash with Harley. He said
"Yo soy tu muerte." which translates to "I am your death."
Y yo Español :cool:

WOW¡¡¡ We can translate Bane words for you xD
EDIT: In another wager against G A he says :"voy a comerte el corazón" in a bad "latino" accent....it means :"I,m gonna eat your heart" .

CONFIRMED : Bane uses spanish in the clash system, but with mexican accent

Down 2

Noob
Good shit WhiteNOise very informative. And I like that Bane speaks Spanish in this game because it goes with the comics. I didn't like TDKR Bane's voice because he sounded like a rich white guy to me.. I don't really get why they made him sound like that.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Good shit WhiteNOise very informative. And I like that Bane speaks Spanish in this game because it goes with the comics. I didn't like TDKR Bane's voice because he sounded like a rich white guy to me.. I don't really get why they made him sound like that.
Funny story: I've been calling that character Darth Goldfinger for ages. I was waiting for "No Mr. Wayne... I expect you to DIE" for like the whole damn movie. Almost got it in the prison scene.

i think you people are really under estimating IGUS system mechanics.
option for dealing with death stroke zoning

Blocking
Backdash
Jumping
Amour points
Invul ( mostly likely from wake up situation, nrs has made habit of giving each character one atleast)
interactables.
Clash

this is not even touching what bane himself can do himself.

All I'm saying is, till we excercise all of our resources. their very little to worry of. no doubt zoner will have an edge since they can start exploiting these characters as soon as the match starts but comebacks are not impossible.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Blocking
Backdash
Jumping
Amour points
Invul ( mostly likely from wake up situation, nrs has made habit of giving each character one atleast)
interactables.
Clash

this is not even touching what bane himself can do himself.

All I'm saying is, till we excercise all of our resources. their very little to worry of. no doubt zoner will have an edge since they can start exploiting these characters as soon as the match starts but comebacks are not impossible.
What are you talking about? This entire past 3 pages has basically been talking about just how to use that venom to get in. We don't need most of that stuff since we can just pop 3 in, chew out a 50% or so, and duck out until venom is on again.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I think some of these mechanics are pretty much a given in any fighting game, and others simply not helpful in this context, but you make some good points and I'll address 'em all.

Blocking - Yes, that's definitely an important part of getting in on keepaway in any game. An implicit part of the patient approach until we're close enough to stuff his rifle startup.

Backdash - Not really conducive to what we're trying to accomplish.

Jumping - Deathstroke's keen anti-air rifle and instant air gunshots make me wary of jumping given how floaty Bane's jump apparently is. But still, could be helpful in the patient approach.

Amour points - Bane has plenty. The problem with Deathstroke is that all of his projectiles hit 2-5+ times, which means that he has several means of shattering it fullscreen.

Invul ( mostly likely from wake up situation, nrs has made habit of giving each character one atleast) - Not sure how effectively we could use this to approach, especially since a knockdown likely just means even worse positioning than we were in prior.

interactables - Potentially useful, yes, but obviously highly situational. Not necessarily wise to make it a key part of this sort of discussion. That said, use it if you can.

Clash - Can we clash on projectiles? I've not explored this, due to the mindset MK's breakers have put me in. Very valid option if so.

It's all theory fighting, and I don't think this seems anywhere near impossible for Bane, as I said earlier. It's just clearly the most problematic from what I can gather. It'll be quite the obstacle course.