What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Personally speaking, I'm looking at his super.
Single attack grab with crazy priority, unblockable, with some nasty looking set-ups. I can already feel this guy being an oki machine, and the resets are going to be pretty wild. Not to mention did you see that damage on just the basic 4-hits? Looked like about 27% for just punch, punch, lift into air grab. I'm not just curious to see what the rest of his moves are, I'm jonesing to see what his EX move are like. I know the charge EX follows into a shoulder drop and all but I want more. People are going to sleep on this guy hardcore and I'm going to love ragdolling people for their insolence. They fight like a young man with nothing to lose... admirable, but mistaken.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I believe they are all different animations for the same grab, just picked based on the opponent's position relative to Bane.
I know he has at least 2, one being his combo-ending ankle slam and the other being a giants swing.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I know he has at least 2, one being his combo-ending ankle slam and the other being a giants swing.
He's got two command grabs, and only one of them is an anti-air (that one being the one with multiple animations), I think. That's what someone that got a bit time with him at a con told me.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
0:17 in the video he posted shows a second AA grab. He grabs them by both legs and suplexes them.
1:37 or so shows his ankle slam AA raw meaning its not combo-only.

Down 2

Noob
In those fights Bane looked a bit helpless even though his dashes are godlike, his jumping is like he is in zero gravity and it made it hard to get in on Lex. Any word on what his trait does exactly? I hear so many things like a power boost and armor but nothing certain. it better help him get in on projectiles because if Aquaman can have multiple projectiles and projectile nullification then Bane, a character that has NO projectiles and MUST get in, better have something.

Down 2

Noob
Hmmm i see, very interesting so his trait should be used sparingly because of the cooldown factor I REALLY dont like that he takes more damage as well... isn't the huge decrease in damage enough? I hope Bane's speedy dashes and forward charging move is enough to get past projectiles because he is looking like he doesn't fare well against zoners.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ban'e venom, according to what they said in the black adam reveal post, gives him a degree of projectile IMMUNITY. Not just armor, flat out ignores it. I can imagine this is at 2 charges+. Anyways appearently it also drains faster the more of it you use, so I can imagine something to the effect of 12 seconds before its done on 1 charge, 9 on 2, and 6 on 3. This would help it keep balanced out so you can use it for more damage on your combos but amp it up when need be. As far as the recharge goes, honestly I don't see it being more than batman's bats, and I can also imagine it working in a similar manner that the dimished returns decrease after set intervals.

MoldMan

Noob
i dont like how he doesn't have a projectile?. At least he can ignore projectiles but how much take to use it ?

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Ban'e venom, according to what they said in the black adam reveal post, gives him a degree of projectile IMMUNITY. Not just armor, flat out ignores it. I can imagine this is at 2 charges+

Unfortunately, I don't believe there's any mention of true projectile immunity in his trait desc. But, that armor goes a long way given that his running charge move purportedly goes fullscreen until it comes in contact with the opponent. For -most- projectiles, 1 to 2 hits of armor on that running charge should be sufficient to trade with any projectile and get in.

Unfortunately, Deathstroke's assault rifle and meterburned pistols aren't going to give a damn about that armor. He could very well be a big problem. I'm sure that RYX isn't too broken up about that, though.

I'm not tryin' to say it'll be impossible, but Bane'd probably have to come in slowly and get much closer before trying to trade with Deathstroke, close enough that his charge can hit Deathstroke before the rifle's long startup/the pistols get meterburned.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Unfortunately, I don't believe there's any mention of true projectile immunity in his trait desc. But, that armor goes a long way given that his running charge move purportedly goes fullscreen until it comes in contact with the opponent. For -most- projectiles, 1 to 2 hits of armor on that running charge should be sufficient to trade with any projectile and get in.

Unfortunately, Deathstroke's assault rifle and meterburned pistols aren't going to give a damn about that armor. He could very well be a big problem. I'm sure that RYX isn't too broken up about that, though.

I'm not tryin' to say it'll be impossible, but Bane'd probably have to come in slowly and get much closer before trying to trade with Deathstroke, close enough that his charge can hit Deathstroke before the rifle's long startup/the pistols get meterburned.
If there is no true projectile immunity then I expect Mr. Wilson to be your worst nightmare in the first day, because you essentially have no way in; even jumping over bullets will likely not get you far due to how long and floaty your jump is.

Unless you can completely dominate in CQC there isn't much hope.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
If there is no true projectile immunity then I expect Mr. Wilson to be your worst nightmare in the first day, because you essentially have no way in; even jumping over bullets will likely not get you far due to how long and floaty your jump is.

What's CQC?

IceNine

Tired, But Strong

It is a relief that I'm primarily looking at Bane as a sub and a keepaway/zoner/counterzoner as my main. Deathstroke among them. :p

Down 2

Noob
I can already see Deathstroke making me want to punch a hole through my T.V. but I'm gonna try my best to stick it out with Bane no matter what. Does Green Arrow have multi hitting arrow attacks? I can see Bane actually getting in against him if all his arrows are 1 hit.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I can already see Deathstroke making me want to punch a hole through my T.V. but I'm gonna try my best to stick it out with Bane no matter what. Does Green Arrow have multi hitting arrow attacks? I can see Bane actually getting in against him if all his arrows are 1 hit.
They are all 1 hit from what I've seen. He has a few moves where he shoots multiple arrows in an arc, I don't know if Bane's charge could get hit by more than one of those arrows.

Down 2

Noob
Okay Bane sounds like he has a chance against GA then. I've watched that vid a couple times and any idea how safe his Raging Charge is because Lex didnt punish it not one time. If that move is safe, that would be amazing.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Unfortunately, I don't believe there's any mention of true projectile immunity in his trait desc.
"There are some, like throws, that are inescapable when you throw someone out of a disabled state (like in active recovery frames after a missed attack). Several characters power abilities will affect hit states as well. For example Superman ignores armor when his power is active. Bane adds armor (and projectile invulnerability) to some of his attacks depending on his current venom level. Wonder Woman takes less chip damage when she is in sword and shield stance"
According to the actual IJ crew, he gets projectile invuln. It might be a hidden passive, if nothing else.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
According to the actual IJ crew, he gets projectile invuln. It might be a hidden passive, if nothing else.
It will likely happen at level 3, which does suck a bit because that one drains fastest and recovers the slowest.

You'll likely get no more than a few moments of it, but depending how it plays out, that might be all you need. Just pray the reduced damage output and taking MORE damage is worth it.

Has this been seen?
Haven't watched it all yet. Apparently from GAME Norwich Tournament.
Anyone notice that popping venom didn't seem to grant him any armor or lessened hitstun? He goes x2 once and x1 a few times, but no armor. Just an old build, or...?