What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

RYX

BIG PUSHER
im just asking if anyones gonna play him and people are getting pissed right away. seems to be a sensitive topic.
who's pissed? :confused:

i mean, if people are posting in a character thread and they take up 5 pages, doesn't that mean they're interested in said character?

I know, but it's pretty clear that most of the people who were posting on here is going to give him a try/main him. I just said what I said because they're really wasn't a point for you posting on here if you said you're not going to use him. :p
this forum doesnt really have many posts, like a main list or sth, so i figured id ask. but ok there are some of you. glad to see hes not gonna rot in a dark corner.

Y yo Español :cool:

WOW¡¡¡ We can translate Bane words for you xD
EDIT: In another wager against G A he says :"voy a comerte el corazón" in a bad "latino" accent....it means :"I,m gonna eat your heart" .

CONFIRMED : Bane uses spanish in the clash system, but with mexican accent
Jeez. A bit grizzly. Cool none the less.
Good thing I chose spanish over german.

Another one I found, but he says it in english.
Bane: I will break the bat.
Batman: I don't break easily.

Banes Trait is pretty simple:

No activation time, can be done at any time. Pressing trait gives you one level of venom up to 3. For each level you do % more damage and have 1 hit of armor/projectile stopping on your specials. Not normals.
Each level adds to the speed of venom draining.

After venom is gone, Bane is weaker/slower/takes more damage, depending on how much he used.

Haven't played as him so can't judge, but judging by his frame data, hes slow as hell, and doesn't have many ways to get in, outside his charge move with armor.

Doesn't look high tier from his data to me. His anti air has 4 different outcomes, depending on how you catch them.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I personally disagree, but I'm curious as to if the venom can maybe help trim off some ending frames. Also if the venom countdown goes with the clock or live time.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Frame data can only tell so much, really. Range and pushback are important factors among others that is derived by playing.

But really, a high damage/grappling character shouldn't have it easy getting in. That is, after alll, the ultimate challenge of the character. Being able to patiently walk forward through the obstacle course and intimidate as you approach is what the ones I've played have been all about. It makes trapping them within your clutches all the more satisfying as your work pays off and their lifebar crumbles.

MK's lacked that sort of character, so I'm really crossing my fingers for NRS to show me that they've got that playstyle nailed down.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Zangief is a similar character with WORSE properties since he lacks the invuln, but honestly I'd say we more resemble a kind of hakan with access to instant oil.

SaltyPrime

More salt please.
I agree with Doombawkz it seems that Bane is looking to have a similar play style to Hakan from SSFIV. I wonder how dependent Bane's game play will be with Venom. I don't like that his normals don't get a boost. Do we know how long he will be in a weakened state after the Venom wears off?

Dayvo

My english it's not good
I agree with Doombawkz Do we know how long he will be in a weakened state after the Venom wears off?
It depends of how many venom you used previously. As far as I remember(I may be wrong), if you use 1 lvl, 3 seconds debuff, 2 lvl, 5-7 seconds debuff, and 3 lvl, 9 seconds debuff

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So is that total time, or live time?

What I mean is that the cinematics vary, so some stages may actually be better for Bane than others if its a "total time" system. Pop level 3 venom and score a transition, and you could shave as much as 4 or 5 seconds off of that cooldown.

If its live time we will need to find a stage with good usable background...

Dayvo

My english it's not good
Dont know exactly, posts have been erased. Maybe its universal. Pure speculation rigth now thougth

To be honest, I'm sort of glad to see what he potentially plays like. I also got some feedback from some of the guys at VSM who have the game on how he plays. Regarding someone like Deathstroke, they say his projectile zoning is overrated but it is indeed good. Nothing that characters like Bane can't handle. Obviously he will have work to do to get in, but it's nothing he can't overcome.

I've said it before and I'll say it again here, if he plays anything like Ralf from KOF, I'm in. I'm liking what I see so far and he does indeed look like he has the same playstyle. I can see footsie play being a big time emphasis on the way he plays. The way I look at it, Grundy is a character that needs to get in to be able to initiate his main offensive tool which is his chain grab trait. Doomsday is nothing but pure power rushdown. Bane is somewhere in the middle and it would not surprise me if his style is a blend of both Grundy and Doomsday.

About his Venom trait, I'm sure everyone will be going with level one the majority of the fight. I can see level 3 venom coming into effect if you are going in for the kill.

either way, I'm looking forward to playing him. I said I was only going to be maining Harley and Bane but that looks like it will change since I've heard not many good things about Harley.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Venomed up Charge goes through even Deathstroke's zoning.

Charge in general is safe on block.
It might not be so safe when a character has reach.

The King of Atlantis may be fearsome for Banes and Strokes alike :p