What's new

How to Reset Your Online Record

sars

Noob
I think it will always be this way. I don't have a good record but I accept everyone challenges. The only problem with playing a player with a good record is if you beat them they normally talk trash and then leave. I'd rather play someone better then me then someone worst. That's how you get better. If I'm plaYing a complete noob I will normally let them work on combos the 2nd round and let them win it.

It's kind of sad, gamers now care more about their record then having fun, or they would rather stay average with a great record then improve.

Anyone know how to do this because at the moment I'm either wasting time playing newbies or spending 20 minutes Looking for a match because anyone with even a semi decent record hits the Dodge button 99% of the time because my record indicates I might actually not be an easy win.
I actually made a similar thread about this, though it was merged into the MKX Complaint Thread; http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-official-mkx-complain-thread.50744/page-9#post-1682326

Why does PLAYER MATCH, an unranked matchmaking system in which you can rematch the same noob over and over again, have a leaderboard? We may never know.

Obviously since multiple people are encountering the same problem and are making threads about it, it's a pretty big issue right now. It was bad before when I made that thread, but since then my record has gotten better (unfortunately) and now I'm having even more trouble finding matches.

Yes, I can find good players here, and I intended to use sources other than matchmaking like with every other fighting game I play, but why do I have to be robbed of the convenience of using the in-game matchmaking function to play a few quick matches?

My main game is UMvC3, and I spent tons of hours online with it. When you searched for a Player Match, all you got was a name and the connection. No unnecessary win/loss record, and no IDIOTIC "win percent" (this is probably the worst thing I've ever seen in a fighting game). The only time people declined me were when they've played me before. Even if people knew who I was, nobody was really afraid of losing because there wasn't a win/loss record at all. If I ran into a scrub, I'll play one to three matches and then leave. If it's extremely laggy, I'll leave after the first match. If I run into a good player, we'll run a set for as long as we can. It's so simple and perfect. But NRS tries to over-complicate what should be a simple feature and FUCKS IT.

I see people with the solution of "just play ranked". which isn't a solution at all. I can't stand playing a first to 1, and then having to invite someone to a match if you want to get more games in. I don't like the idea of spending just as much time in the menus as playing the game, and I definitely don't want to try-hard every match and would like to experiment with new characters without having to worry about a win/loss record.

To be honest, I don't really care that the game doesn't have a good ranking system. I'm fine with getting matched with scrubs 80% of the time because I can just leave after the first match and search again. I just want to fucking PLAY THE GAME. I shouldn't be punished because I'm winning too much.

Yeah, I'm totally ranting about this, but how can we make NRS fix this stupid shit? The obvious solution is for them to completely remove the incredibly unnecessary Player Match leaderboard, and not show win/loss records in player matches/rooms. The problem is they need to know that this is a huge problem. Any NRS representatives on TYM?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I've played with both friends and randoms online. Yeah it's bad but hey I think a lot of peoples expectations of a 100% lag free rainbow kombat of elite online play is getting to alot of people. If you can't find decent matches online match up with the people here. Or do locals. Whatever it is but don't go and reset your record or stats. You should be proud of your record win lose or draw. It's only been a week or 2 people... Hold your shit. I would take the chances on playing noobs to godlike players because at the end of the day I am going to have fun playing this game regardless of all the problems and people who would "decline" themselves from the same pleasures.

Ya Dig.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
On Steam it's good because for some reason u can't see opponents Win/Loss ration when invite is sent from one or another. You can only check the ratio when you go into guy's Kombat History page.

i foud out that the guy who invites host the match , at least i think that !! played as a gterman vs my italian friend.
when he hosted it was laggy when i invited there was no lag. in germany the internet is faster 50mb or 100 mb

i think the game should recognize that and choose the guy with the best upload speed as host always , no matter who invites.
or are you joining a server as soon as you enter a room. is room you can sort people after ping and i love that there is no region lock on a smaller pc community. but plz not for ranked games where we cant sort the people after ping !!!!! there should be a region lock !!!

You guys are saying TYM is the solution to finding good players and adding them. But I created a thread in the main MKX forum asking for PC players to add me for some sets, and ONE person (Thanks BDMao) added me. The thread quickly got moved to some dark corner of the site that nobody goes to. So if I cant interact with people in the main forum, asking for PC players to add me and play, not really sure how I'm going to find people from my area with reliable connections and a similar skill level, or someone with a higher skill level who is willing to teach and talk matchups/strategy.

To address the OP, there is literally no reason player matches should have Win Odds or a player match leaderboard. That completely defeats the purpose of PLAYER matches. As in the game mode separated from ranked

Last edited:
I've got the same problem as OP, ridiculous win rate so everyone declines and I can only play ranked (too bad the game crashes on PC too often to make KotH worth playing) and I'm not even that good especially since all I've been doing is PVP and neglecting much needed practice. What's your Steam name OP?

zoofs

bless
There is this really cool button for people that experience the unique problem that you have, it is called RANKED
ranked is trash, how are you supposed to actually grind out mu's or get better while playing terrible people constantly and losing to crazy unpredictable shit

only solution is to play friends/people on tym.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Good thing we already asked NRS to remove that "feature" in Injustice etc since people just care about their W/L ratio otherwise.

They just don't care, they wanna sell their game, forget about it and sell next.

3nany

Noob
the matchmaking is bullshit anyway. 9 out of 10 matches the game tells me i have 90%-100% win odds. and i get a lot of people who have like 1 win and 20 losses where i have like over 600 games. this is ranked by the way. i've seen a win odd of less than 70% like 5 times in my life.

Deleting saved data is harsh, my precious Krypt unlocks are too good to give up. It's pretty sad though that so many people result to playing this way. farming noobs and declining anyone who might be a challenge. All just to have your name at the top of a leader board comprised of ragequitters and other noob farmers like yourself. Pathetic.

As for ranked I've never Iiked it in any fighting game. I'd rather play long sets than one and done. I think the simple fix here though would be to set an option to hide your online record.
You probably should just look for people on this website to play against if you are having such a tough time finding people. Probably be simpler

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I'm from Ireland, if any1 wants to add me for PS4 games its Deadly_Torcher, I assure you, I'm far from deadly at this game but I'd rather lose 20 times against good players than sit in the rooms getting declined constantly.

I can say that I'm very likely to decline a 144/8 record. It just doesn't sound like it'd be a fair fight at all, and I'd rather have fun than waste my time. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels that way too. My record is about 150/80, somewhere around there, and I still get quite a few declines. And I'm really not very good.

My favorite matches are when I find someone of roughly equal skill. Like last night I fought a guy for 18 straight matches, Mileena vs Mileena... It was 9-9, then I switched to Sub-Zero and won 2 more matches before he called it quits. That was really fun.

It's too bad the PS4's "Players Met" functionality is so crappy, because I would've added him had he actually shown up in the list. Instead, it was just people from hours before.
It's not the ps4
Players met shows up instantly for me on cod, gta, nba2k, Diablo, and destiny
I'm thinking it's just mk

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity
It's not the ps4
There is a "players met" built in to MKX that always shows who you played against. Even if it doesnt show up on the "PS4 players met"

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
It's not the ps4
I've just been using the in-game list to find and message people I've played... Seems to work much more consistently that way.

wselak

Noob
i thought about this before i knew this thread existed :D
i wish online record would be reset every week. this would keep low level players playing the game and not ashamed about their records. this would also help the declines for obvious reasons and cool for the faction wars

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Mine somehow got reset after 1,000+ matches on PS4. It still shows my correct total in the online history screen, just not on my kombat kard. Slightly annoying since I liked that quick glance every now and then, to have a general idea of how many matches I've played. Now I have to actually go look it up.

I have no idea if my win odds were affected, but I noticed that I've now been getting a lot less declines in lobbies, which also means I'm playing against easier people more often...

D4G

Win At All Cost
Mine somehow got reset after 1,000+ matches on PS4. It still shows my correct total in the online history screen, just not on my kombat kard. Slightly annoying since I liked that quick glance every now and then, to have a general idea of how many matches I've played. Now I have to actually go look it up.

I have no idea if my win odds were affected, but I noticed that I've now been getting a lot less declines in lobbies, which also means I'm playing against easier people more often...
I wish we knew how to replicate the occurence. It happened to me once but I still ended up getting matched with the 300-10 guys, that was awesome because I get some sick enjoyment from beating these frauds that prey on the weak and decline the actual challenges. Turns out they are actually incredibly bad at the game and love to ragequit, what a surprise.

I'm pretty sure not everyone online cares about their record, but rather they think you're an MLG pro with a flashy 200-1 record and so they don't want to play with you whilst having no chance of winning. Noobs just wanna have fu-un.
They just wanna
They just wa-aanaaaaaa
That's all they really want

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Lol i hate ranked too, one and done is lame.

I only played about 30 matches to get lk rev skin.

i played and beat this guy who had a perfect 33-0 record, it froze when i won then said 'game session not available' lol utterly sad that people still mod or try to cheat to save their 'perfect' record online....IDK if he got the loss, but it did give me the win. Gotta love losers like that.

Last edited:

Landonio

n00b
I'd really like to actually be able to play the game I payed 60 dollars for, so if anybody knows how to do this that'd be awesome. Nobody will fight me and I'm not even good.