What's new

How to Reset Your Online Record

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I beat a kano spammer who was 452-11. He was just a spammer who challenges newbs. Newbs that cant find the block and down button are the reason you see people with stats like that. record means nothing in mortal kombat online. There are just too many newbs - or players who have not played since the sega/nintendo/arcade era to judge a player off of his win/loss online when he can choose his match ups
Ha... I played a Kano spammer last night. Literally all he did was Kano Ball, Up Ball, Air Ball... Just those 3, over and over and over. And be got so mad when I beat him a few times with Mileena. He destroyed me against other characters (same ball spamming), then I switched back to Mileena. He said something like, "oh, Mileena again... So all you're gonna do is spam specials all day?" and I just lost it. The hypocrisy was hilarious. But I started the match with about 3 different combos, and he was like, "huh... alright, alright...." then ended up beating me with ball roll uppercut spam. Meanwhile, he kept saying "how does it feel, same 2 moves over and over, scrub". I reminded him of his Kano, laughed, and quit playing him. I can't stand idiots like that.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
The solution is the very website you're using, my good sir.
I've tried. Finding someone of equal skill is not a problem, but finding someone of equal skill and a playable connection is definitely a problem.
Also, come on, it's 2015. You shouldn't need to go on to a website in order to find players who can keep up. Literally all fighting games have a ranking system except NRS games.

If they want it this way, that's cool, it's just frustrating sometimes. Especially coming from other games where I can find sparring partners just by playing random ranked games.

Ha... I played a Kano spammer last night. Literally all he did was Kano Ball, Up Ball, Air Ball... Just those 3, over and over and over. And be got so mad when I beat him a few times with Mileena. He destroyed me against other characters (same ball spamming), then I switched back to Mileena. He said something like, "oh, Mileena again... So all you're gonna do is spam specials all day?" and I just lost it. The hypocrisy was hilarious. But I started the match with about 3 different combos, and he was like, "huh... alright, alright...." then ended up beating me with ball roll uppercut spam. Meanwhile, he kept saying "how does it feel, same 2 moves over and over, scrub". I reminded him of his Kano, laughed, and quit playing him. I can't stand idiots like that.
Kano spamming the ball is a funny one, i main SZ, It is a laughable offence when they try that. But It will work 99% of the time in a random online match up against a 13 year old who has never played a truly competitive game in his life and happened to sneak out of his room and play his dads ps4. Or just someone who has never played a MK title before, most people online are basic. It is a sad truth. 2 years form now the basics will have move don to the newest AAA title, whats left then is when online will be enjoyable for the rest of us

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
It fixes your ability to not be able to play, if you are one of the said newbs and want to wipe that 10/itsover9000 record delete all data from your console, lose all your krypt unlocks, lose your story mode data and see if that works. If you want to avoid ranked because you dont want to play newbs, you need to go to tournaments or get in with some people who play the game seriously. Reset because his stats are too good... if them losing the ability to not fight you doesnt fix the problem then the problem is non existent.
Yep. Good logic. If I want to avoid playing nothing but beginners I should go to tournaments.

This isn't the 1990s.

Your last sentence is just ridiculous. The problem is not being able to play people of my skill, not just that people decline. This is something no other fighting games struggles with because they have a ranking system.

You should not have to go to a tournament or wait a year for the beginners to leave the game in order to actually be challenged.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
During the injustice days i'd literally make a status update on here asking for games and i'd always get some. More often than not you're better off finding games through this site where people are 1) not scrubs and 2) want to actually get better and level up

I know the feeling, I usually play ranked and im like 200-20 or something, a lot of ppl just leave on character select, IM NOT EVEN THAT GOOD!

:)
From what i've gathered from previous years is that you need to make a new account, plain and simple.
Yeah, the times I have gone undercover over the years to kill the ones who duck challanges quicker than a whore's panties has been in the 50's

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
First off, let me call you an idiot.
Second off, i said play in tournaments OR GET IN WITH PEPLE WHO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME AND NOT JUST MAINSTREAM.
Third off, re read that second half of second off so it sinks in,
Fourth, you are absolutly right. is is not 1990, but if you think that the tournament scene is dead you are a rItard not a retard, that would be mean, but a RITARD.

-It is 2015 thats why ESL and others host online tournaments. Hope you sign up for one so i can shove that oh my god im so good record down your throat
Why are you assuming we all live in areas where we can freely travel to tournaments? I never said anything about the scene being dead. Some of us (myself included) have no way of getting near tournaments. I know about ESL, but that doesn't change the glaring flaw that is the lack of a ranking system. I don't understand why you are being so defensive over this. I think everyone would agree that a ranking system would be a cool idea for NRS games.

Why are you being so hostile, man? Calm your ego, jeez. If you really want to call someone a "retard" or "ritard", it would be best to ensure your spelling and grammar isn't terrible.

In case you haven't noticed, most people in this thread are reporting the exact same issue. Stop acting like it's not a problem. Being unable to find good players THROUGH THE DAMN GAME is stupid and frustrating. Going somewhere else to look for decent players is ridiculous in this day and age when every other fighting game offers a ranking system to stop this silly issue. Stop acting like it's not a problem.

Last edited:

UserJuke

Noob
Psn? Add me, UserJuke and we can play. Like you, i have a good record and get nithing but declines. I hope you even my record out for me haha, i dont even find myself to be that great either.

After Injustice i told myself id lose on purpose to avoid this issue, but i couldnt do it.

Im on PC too, but thankfully my record resets everytime i restart the game lol. Anyone that adds me just say like TYM in a message so i know.

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
My record is like 250-95 right now and I'm seriously just an average D'Vorah player. Didn't play the last Mortal Kombat but I tried Injustice and am often more into Capcom fighters, but fundamentals from those other fighters helped me get wins. There's also a lot of people who have no idea what they're doing when they play. I challenge people with either positive records or a close win percentage with mine, and never refuse a challenge unless lag or bad win/loss ratio.

It sucks because I either get declined due to my record, or if I lose I get messages like "oh, you must pick on newbs" when I accept all positive record challenges and I still am trying to learn the game and all the matchups. I still haven't even ran into every character online, I expect to lose fairly often. Can't I learn and lose without getting a message? FFS...

Pound IC

Noob
Why are you assuming we all live in areas where we can freely travel to tournaments? I never said anything about the scene being dead. Some of us (myself included) have no way of getting near tournaments. I know about ESL, but that doesn't change the glaring flaw that is the lack of a ranking system. I don't understand why you are being so defensive over this. I think everyone would agree that a ranking system would be a cool idea for NRS games.

Why are you being so hostile, man? Calm your ego, jeez. If you really want to call someone a "retard" or "ritard", it would be best to ensure your spelling and grammar isn't terrible.

In case you haven't noticed, most people in this thread are reporting the exact same issue. Stop acting like it's not a problem. Being unable to find good players THROUGH THE DAMN GAME is stupid and frustrating. Going somewhere else to look for decent players is ridiculous in this day and age when every other fighting game offers a ranking system to stop this silly issue. Stop acting like it's not a problem.
The way people defend NRS on this forum makes me wonder if it's not just 50% populated with NRS employees. An online ranking system like SFxT would be amazing. I was a super mediocre "B" ranked player in that game and could just hit ranked match and within 30 seconds be playing lag-free against someone of equal skill. And the feeling of ranking up in that game was so awesome. God I wish they wouldn't have killed the best fighter of this generation with on-disc DLC. Wait, what was this thread about? Oh yeah, NRS's online is weak.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Its already happened to me twice since release. It happened to me in Injustice all the time. I never quite figured out how/what was causing it, but one thing I did notice was that it would tend to happen if I was playing on account 'A', and I went to the PS menu and switched accounts to account 'B' and opened Injustice without first shutting it down on account 'A'. It would crash when I loaded it up on account 'B', and after a restart my stats and level were cleared. I don't know what I did today to get it reset, but I did switch accounts at one point. So if you have 2 accounts, you can somehow get it to bug out and cause stats to clear.

Sorry it wasn't more helpful....but it's something

Reactions: D4G

In case you haven't noticed, most people in this thread are reporting the exact same issue. Stop acting like it's not a problem. It's stupid and frustrating. Stop acting like it's not a problem.
Here is my specific problem with you;
You ask how to reset your stats because no one will play with your amazing record. When you are handed the solution you present other problems. This entire thread is just drama. Online tournaments exist you don't need to live anywhere. You can live under that rock that looks like slash playing the guitar for all I care. If your initial question was, "how do I get better competition?" We could have started there instead of beating all around that thornbush

my suggestion make it like in league of legends. all stats get resetted every year (depending how good you was) there should be an ranked elo value that you get matched up with the proper people if you are extreamly good.
friends matches should maybe not count in the stats if you train vs very good people, everyone might think , you are a noob because you lost most games which should not effect the matchmaking

depending how your performance was you get in a league silver gold platin....
this also give players a challange to get in the next better league

D4G

Win At All Cost
Here is my specific problem with you;
You ask how to reset your stats because no one will play with your amazing record. When you are handed the solution you present other problems. This entire thread is just drama. Online tournaments exist you don't need to live anywhere. You can live under that rock that looks like slash playing the guitar for all I care. If your initial question was, "how do I get better competition?" We could have started there instead of beating all around that thornbush
Wtf are you even talking about dude? What do online tournaments have to do with implementing a proper ranked system?

Wtf are you even talking about dude? What do online tournaments have to do with implementing a proper ranked system?
Did you know the original conversation before you decided to invite yourself to it was how he could reset his stats so newbs wouldn't decline him? You can go now

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Did you know the original conversation before you decided to invite yourself to it was how he could reset his stats so news wouldn't decline him? You can go jow
Uh, what? I never once asked how I could reset my stats. He can join the conversion if he wants, it's a forum.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Just leave it man. He's intent on arguing and being hostile to everyone who disagrees with him. If you try to debate you're greeted with petty name calling. The internet is a wonderful place. :]

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
This thread reminds me of some dude in injustice who complained on tym that he always got declined in playermatch, and when i send him a friendrequest we never played because he was always busy or some other excuse.

So my advice is to stop whining about ppl who decline and find some ppl here to play sets, (those ppl who decline wont give you good games anyway, they rather play noobs...) otherwise go play ranked.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I think we can all agree, the game needs a ranking system up that's up to speed with all the other games. No you shouldn't have to come to an online forum to find games with decent competition but life's not perfect, so you do have to do that - deal with it. As for everyone arguing and name calling...

The thread's kind of a little derailed at the moment. The answer to the OP is you can't reset your online stats, sorry! Keep fighting the good fight though.

Can't we all just get along? Like a loving internet-forum family? Can't we? pls

D4G

Win At All Cost
I play on Xbox One if you like to go a few rounds OP. My Gamertag is my username
Unfortunately I only have the game on PC(lol) and PS4 at the moment, might pick up the xbox One version too just so I never dont have someone to play. My PSN ID is "ID4Gamerz" for anyone wanting to play.

Can't we all just get along? Like a loving internet-forum family? Can't we? pls
Sounds good to me.