What's new

Has NRS done a good job patching Mortal Kombat X so far?

Has NRS done a good job patching Mortal Kombat X so far?

• Total voters
Well, it's hard to understand the message you're trying to convey when it's not properly punctuated and worded properly. Also, I did state before you posted that I haven't followed MK9 since I stopped playing, so I was clearly uninformed of the further evolution of MK9 since my departure. I just assumed that the games meta remained stagnant since then. There is a line between talking out of ones end and being uninformed.
I don't see the problem. You said the tournament was all about kabal, cyrax, cage, sonya etc. when the game was fleshed out and then you go on to say you didn't follow mk9 for that long and get mad at him for correcting you.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I don't see the problem. You said the tournament was all about kabal, cyrax, cage, sonya etc. when the game was fleshed out and then you go on to say you didn't follow mk9 for that long and get mad at him for correcting you.
It's how he corrected me. There are many ways one can word a sentence(s) to correct someone.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Brief petition here to get people to stop saying "that's a bill", "he sold a bill", etc.

Srsly. The sheep like nature of the TYM lexicon is the only thing more blatant than the character bandwagoning. I don't want to hear about anymore bills being sold unless Tom Brady ends up in the middle of a human trafficking ring and REO has to use his very special set of skills to get him out. Now:

That being said anyone who doesn't think MKX will have one of the most disgustingly homogenized tournament scenes in the next few months is dead wrong or just lying. There's precisely ONE way to play this game for basically the whole cast and a handful of them do it better than everyone else.

Yeah NRS has done a decent job patching... But what, it's been like two so far? Could go either way at this point. If they continue with the trend and patch the game to have actual variety, all will be well. If not then I'll be stuck feeling like I'm playing a humorless version of Divekick.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Both of these things are untrue. Saltface got top 4 at ECT with just Mileena and DJT just won Xbattles with Johnny Cage.
doesn't change shit what I said. It's all time the 5 same char, and the other 3 are brought by only 1 player. Just like igau you can find rev0lver with Lex, sonicfox with batgirl, but we had, pre-patch, the same ones.

where are the 20 other ?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
doesn't change shit what I said. It's all time the 5 same char, and the other 3 are brought by only 1 player. Just like igau you can find rev0lver with Lex, sonicfox with batgirl, but we had, pre-patch, the same ones.

where are the 20 other ?
Go read my post after that. Half the MKX cast has been featured in top 8s at majors.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
It's on the early track to turn into a better game but one bad patch or a series of patches that don't address the core issue and it's an extremely narrow game.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
A
Well, it's hard to understand the message you're trying to convey when it's not properly punctuated and worded properly. Also, I did state before you posted that I haven't followed MK9 since I stopped playing, so I was clearly uninformed of the further evolution of MK9 since my departure. I just assumed that the games meta remained stagnant since then. There is a line between talking out of ones end and being uninformed.
So if you know you weren't informed, why did you try to act like an authority figure?

You said that MK X will be a five character game like MK9. Which is completely false because MK9 wasn't a five character game.

If you don't want to get blown up, don't act like you know something that you admittedly don't know about.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The idea of 1 bar breaker (regular or block) is stupid. Why? Because if you do that, characters who build a lot of meter with their rushdown will never get combo'ed. Like, ever. Two prime examples are KL and HF Scorpion. There are others as well, like TG Raiden for example, etc etc.

Breaker mechanic is good as it is. Perhaps the full loss if stamina is a bit too much (like, lets say, lose half your stamina not all), but other than that, breakers are fine.
Nobody is talking about adjusting regular breaker.

Rude

Brief petition here to get people to stop saying "that's a bill", "he sold a bill", etc.

Srsly. The sheep like nature of the TYM lexicon is the only thing more blatant than the character bandwagoning. I don't want to hear about anymore bills being sold unless Tom Brady ends up in the middle of a human trafficking ring and REO has to use his very special set of skills to get him out. Now:

That being said anyone who doesn't think MKX will have one of the most disgustingly homogenized tournament scenes in the next few months is dead wrong or just lying. There's precisely ONE way to play this game for basically the whole cast and a handful of them do it better than everyone else.

Yeah NRS has done a decent job patching... But what, it's been like two so far? Could go either way at this point. If they continue with the trend and patch the game to have actual variety, all will be well. If not then I'll be stuck feeling like I'm playing a humorless version of Divekick.

The FGC is a sub-culture of gaming cultures.

Sub cultures develop slang terms and local color phrases. It's a biproduct of human beings existing in groups. Your petition is a bill.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast

TYM Group vocabulary is awesome, your petition is a bill

haketh

Noob
A

So if you know you weren't informed, why did you try to act like an authority figure?

You said that MK X will be a five character game like MK9. Which is completely false because MK9 wasn't a five character game.

If you don't want to get blown up, don't act like you know something that you admittedly don't know about.
I'm gonna be honest, I don't think MK9 character variety is going to happen again. The scene is ALOT more competitive now & more money is on the line. I can see despite MKX being pretty legit balance wise people wanting the best chances at placing well & going for whats really good. It's generally what happens in the US when money starts getting real good.

Rude

I'm gonna be honest, I don't think MK9 character variety is going to happen again. The scene is ALOT more competitive now & more money is on the line. I can see despite MKX being pretty legit balance wise people wanting the best chances at placing well & going for whats really good. It's generally what happens in the US when money starts getting real good.
No, i think it'll be fine.

Look, you do have a ridiculously good top 5. But you also have super viable characters outside of that like Jax or Kung Lao or War God Kotal.

Plus, we haven't even gotten the last two DLC or the last of the patches.

I'm sure it'll be okay.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Also let's not forget that players tend to pick characters that play to their strength as a player. This is something that will pretty much force variety as long as the tier gap isn't crazy.

haketh

Noob
No, i think it'll be fine.

Look, you do have a ridiculously good top 5. But you also have super viable characters outside of that like Jax or Kung Lao or War God Kotal.

Plus, we haven't even gotten the last two DLC or the last of the patches.

I'm sure it'll be okay.
Hey this way I'm pleasantly surprised if you're right & cool with it if I'm right. This is the perfect way to live life.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
You shouldn't be talking if you are uninformed...

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Respectfully, I disagree. Look at USF4 Evo results. This is the biggest money, most competitive game in the FGC, and the only repeat character in the top 8 was Fei Long, Other placers all played different characters. Looking at top 32, the most frequent appearance was randomly T-Hawk, with three representatives. And there were no other Feis in top 32 besides the two that made top 8.

Based on what we know about the game so far I would not be surprised to see similar character variety in MKX.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jul/11/evo-2014-live-stream-ft-daigo-xian-infiltration-tokido-justin-wong-pr-balrog-ryan-hart-chrisg-fuudo-filipino-champ-flocker-mango-and-more/

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
The FGC is a sub-culture of gaming cultures.

Sub cultures develop slang terms and local color phrases. It's a biproduct of human beings existing in groups. Your petition is a bill.
Dude, I recognize this. I literally gave the entire Injustice community the term "Zodballs" (srsly, run it through the search function).

The "this is a bill, that's a bill" thing's just really hit the limit for me.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
A

Well, to answer your question I thought that mk9 was a 5 character game, but apparently it evolved further after I stopped playing. So, I am misinformed. I thought I was informed correctly, but apparently I wasn't. That's why I posted. I mean, you're a smart guy, right? Anyone who read that post would have understood that I thought something that wasn't entirely true and took back my statement once I was proven false. Yet I still get castigated for it. TYM, forum of the year.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
You shouldn't be talking if you are uninformed...
Common sense dictates that when someone talks about a topic they think they're informed. I was proven wrong by a tournament player which means that I was wrong. That means I'm misinformed. So, I was proven wrong and took back my statement. Please, learn to start an argument on a forum. I know you're trying to fish for one, but your line snapped.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The game wasn't a 5 character game even when you played. You were at MLG Columbus which had Smoke and Kitana in the top 8. In this time period Shang Tsung had primarily won NEC, Kung Lao won the second EVO. There was no period of time where what you said was true.

Last edited: