What's new

GGA Wafflez Wins Mortal Kombat 9 at Final Round 16 + Going to the Video X Games!

So maybe that's why he placed top 3, no one did jumped enough on him right.

I so wanna see you jumping at me bro.
U cant just jump at scarlet, i was on watching for that anyway, and those who did either got njp, ground dagger aa'd or d1'd into dagger, great showing by wound and wafflez, coming back like that out of losers after losing in pool to me is an amazing feat, congrats.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
GGA's padawan whipping boy wins a talent-stacked major? I honestly thought I was hallucinating all of his matches. Congrats, Wafflez, you earned it.

Very entertaining matches from everyone. By the time Evo rolls around its going to be insanity.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
U cant just jump at scarlet, i was on watching for that anyway, and those who did either got njp, ground dagger aa'd or d1'd into dagger
I know that Bro, i was just being Sarcastic, because Seven is a believer that to beat Skarlet effectively you need to "bird" because according to his theory "She has no answer".

The first thing every well rounded Skarlet will be looking at is the air, and strategically placing in position to deal with according to the character she is playing against.
It seems he use to fight mosp or anyone else, and he keeps jumping over and over, and no one does nothing to him lol

Suck_It_Trebek

Anal bum cover for 500. That's an album cover.
This is utter bull shit. I do not understand this at all. I swear that this game has become random. No wonder Pig Of The Hut has quit. And now I am contemplating quitting too and never playing again. How could Wafflez possibly win a local tournament much less a major tournament with 60+ participants? This guy has no fundamental game whatsoever. All he does is spam d+4, run away, and fish for resets. He is a coward and a despicable human being.
You mad bro?

This is utter bull shit. I do not understand this at all. I swear that this game has become random. No wonder Pig Of The Hut has quit. And now I am contemplating quitting too and never playing again. How could Wafflez possibly win a local tournament much less a major tournament with 60+ participants? This guy has no fundamental game whatsoever. All he does is spam d+4, run away, and fish for resets. He is a coward and a despicable human being.
M2dave going in!

Well i do not know ego waffles... I stopped playing MK in the first year after making top 8 in several majors bc:

1) they raped raiden...
2) it is not a game based on fundamentals... it is a 6 character game. "You can't play mind games vs players who don't think"

it saddens me to say bc i love MK... but this mk did its job bringing it back to the main stream but it is NOT a good game.

Also this should motivate all the top players to pick the game up again and take it seriously. I doubt anyone predicted this guy to win Final Round and some top players didn't even make top 8.
no... this is not a good game. you are limited to 6 characters...

You're irrational hatred towards Smoke is really obvious not only in this post, but in several others. Face it, you're just upset that a character who effectively counters your playstyle won a tournament. I wish we had smarter and more rational top players.

Can you name those six characters? Because I've seen Smoke, Shang Tsung, Kabal, Cyrax, Kenshi, Kitana, Skarlet, Freddy Kreuger, Sonya, Jax, Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Sektor, and Mileena in top eight's.
when is the last time any of those characters you listed won a major... not some shitty local. i mean a major? other than cage, kabal, lao (among several others)

sektor? mileena? bla bla bla they haven't won anything

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Can we also be serious about Reptile? Chris G doesn't give a shit about this game yet is more successful than our dedicated Reptile players. The Reptile community is on blast because Chris G is probably the best with this character now. HE GETS IT. He understands how powerful dash and forceball are for conditioning and control. It's the same shit I've been saying for 2 years and Reptile players here downplay and say I'm wrong then Chris G goes out and does the best with this character.