What's new

Frosty Faustings IV - Jan. 7th 2012 - (Northbrook, IL)

$10 top 3 payout or $20 top 8 payout?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
A pot monster is someone who contributes to the pot, but doesn't land in the money, so that's what he was implying, yes ;)

Yay for this, is it going to be on ps3 like the other local tourneys or is that still up in the air?
Console is still TBA. We'll see when the date gets closer, I would expect PS3 though.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
A pot monster is someone who contributes to the pot, but doesn't land in the money, so that's what he was implying, yes ;)

Console is still TBA. We'll see when the date gets closer, I would expect PS3 though.
Would be nice to see it played on the proper console for once, but not expecting any miracles here.

Had no idea what a pot monster was. Oh well, at least he knows his place ;]

Tolkeen

/wrists

Thanks for the response, I got a qanba now so the console doesn't matter too much, but I'd be willing to bring my xbox if that was the console of choice.

I also didn't know what a pot monster was.... I'm probably gonna be one of those too :(

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I might be able to round up around 4 guys from eastern Iowa to come. It'll depend on several factors including weather, but mostly money situations. REALLY want to come out and get double eliminated as fast as possible ;-)

Also would like PS3!

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Looks like were getting some decent numbers coming in! Should be a pretty good size tournament. I got word some peeps from STL are coming too.

I would count on the tournament being on PS3.

Also, anyone who can bring any equipment would be much appreciated, specifically a setup of PS3 and Asus monitor would be ideal. If you bring a setup usable for tournament you get 5 bucks knocked off your venue fee, and you'll be well liked by all

(Xbox360 is being used also, but for other non-MK tournaments. If you have an Xbox you wish to bring i'm sure it wouldn't go to waste)

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I'm coming but I've never been to a tourny before and I only have xbox controllers. Can I still participate?

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm coming but I've never been to a tourny before and I only have xbox controllers. Can I still participate?
What type of controller do you use? Standard xbox pad?

If so, there is probably a converter you can find somewhere online for Xbox360 to PS3. I think [MENTION=4425]soonk[/MENTION] used to use one, he might be able to chime in.

If there it's a stick, there is probably someone who uses one that is the same (or similar) that would be kind enough to let you use it for your tournament matches.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I play on the standard xbox wireless controller so will I need someone to loan me a ps3 controller? :\
If you plan on staying with pad rather than stick, do yourself a favor and get a PS2 pad along with a converter.
PS2 to Xbox http://etokki.com/Xtokki360
PS2 to PS3 http://etokki.com/Playstation3/iNPiN-PS2-to-PS3-Converter

You'll want one for practice, one for tournaments. Hefty price tag for all that, but that's how it goes. I will bring a ps2 pad and someone there will have a converter if you still need them come tournament time.

leek

Noob
I would go if I could get a ride. It's more than twice the distance from my house compared to GGA so it'd be tough(Orland park). I'd love to go though, I haven't really been in any sort of tourney bigger than a turnout of about 15-20 people.

oh and +1 for PS3. I could bring my console & MK, but unfortunately, I don't have a monitor to bring.

hitbox isn't dual modded..

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
ok guys looks like i am going to this ... this will be my first tourny...
getting excited

I am going to this. It should be alot of fun. Is there anywhere we can check off that we are going to frosty to play MK. That way we can see a tally of about how many people expect to show up for MK?

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Signups start at 11. Tournament starts at noon.

Tomorrow is the day! Big announcement too...

I just received word PerfectLegend will be attending. Definitely going to be top comp at FF!