What's new

Frosty Faustings IV - Jan. 7th 2012 - (Northbrook, IL)

$10 top 3 payout or $20 top 8 payout?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
IN REGARDS TO THE POLL:

This event is to have $20 entry for SSF4AE and UMVC3 with top 8 payout. I expressed interest that I think it would be a good idea for the MK community to use this as well. Not only does it have a better chance of attracting out-of-state travelers with increased pot, it also gives people who often perform well in tournament but fall outside of the top 3 to earn atleast their entry fee back. Due to the increased pot size, from double entry fee, the Top 3 would also earn more money then they did usually. This is also supported by the venue fee being lower than a normal major/regional/whatever at $10, which majors normally having entry fees 30-40 dollars, keeping the total cost down. There would need to be atleast 32 players for this to be a viable payout structure, but that should not be an issue as CH3 saw 35 entrants with MK being a side tournament.

The other option would be of course, the standard $10 entry with Top 3 payout of 70/20/10.

Oh and also I dont think it's mentioned in the post, but there will be a representative from Reverge Labs with the beta of Skullgirls available for play!

Copy and paste from ElvenShadow, tournament organizer's post on shoryuken.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jan-7-2012-frosty-faustings-iv-ggxx-ssfivae-umvc3-bb-mk-and-more-1-7-12-northbrook-il.147475/#post-6065285

------------

When: Saturday, January 7th, 2012.

Where: Nickel City
555 Waukegan Road
Northbrook, IL 60062

Closest Airport: Ohare Airport (ORD)

Start time: TBA (will post soon)

Though Nickel City is an arcade, all games will be played on console

Fees: There will be a $10 venue fee.

Please help out by bringing any TVs or consoles that would help things run smoother and allow for more casuals and tournaments to run faster. Anyone who brings a setup that we use in the tournaments will get 5 dollars off the Venue fee.

Tournament games:

the main event...
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core: singles
PS2
$10 entry fee
best 2/3, double elimination. Semi finals 3/5. Grand finals, 4/7.
prize split 1st - 70%, 2nd - 20%, 3rd - 10% (1st place will also get an additional $200 pot bonus on top of the prize split from entry fees)
Standard tournament rules (no Kliff, Justice, gold, or shadow characters)
Winner must keep character, loser my switch

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition: singles
console TBA
$10 entry fee
prize split 1st - 70%, 2nd - 20%, 3rd - 10% (1st place will also get an additional $100 pot bonus on top of the prize split from entry fees)
Standard tournament rules (all characters and ultras are selectable)
Ultra may be switched anytime

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
console TBA
$10 entry fee
prize split 1st - 70%, 2nd - 20%, 3rd - 10% (1st place will also get an additional $100 pot bonus on top of the prize split from entry fees)
Standard tournament rules (winner must keep team, loser may switch)

BlazBlue CS (version TBA)*
console TBA
$10 entry fee
prize split 1st - 70%, 2nd - 20%, 3rd - 10%
Standard tournament rules
*(I am willing to use whatever version the BB community wants. BBCS Extend will be out in Japan by the time FFIV happens but I don't think the US version will be. If some people can provide import copies of the game and bring it, I am fine with having BBCS Extend. Please make your voice heard on this issue BB players.)

Mortal Kombat 9
console TBA
$10 entry fee
Standard tournament rules

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core: teams
PS2
$10 dollars per player ($20 dollars per team)
2 on 2 team tournament
no same character teams
single match, double elimination
Standard tournament rules (no Kliff, Justice, gold, or shadow characters)
Waseda style

Super Street Fighter IV: teams
Xbox360
3 on 3 team tournament
no same character teams
$10 entry per person ($30 per team)
best 2/3. double elimination. Semi finals 3/5. Grand finals, 4/7.
Standard tournament rules (all characters and ultras are selectable)
Winner stays on
Ultra may be switched anytime

I am willing to have Marvel teams IF we have time. It depends on how quickly things move along.

(team games begin after singles)

Other tournaments
I am willing to add another main game to the list if someone wants to step up to run it and can provide equipment. I was thinking maybe AH3, Melty, or Darkstalkers. Side tournaments are welcome.

Parking: Plenty of parking at Nickel City

Hotels: Red Roof Inn Chicago - Northbrook/Deerfield
340 South Waukegan Rd
Deerfield, IL 60015
847-205-1755
http://www.redroof.com/reservations/property-detail.aspx?pid=00188

Cheap rooms and right accross the street from Nickel City.

Stream
I have never run a stream before and don't have the equipment to do so. If someone coming to the event wants to run a stream, I would appreciate it. Please contact me about this issue if you are interested.

Please help out by bringing any TVs or consoles that would help things run smoother and allow for more casuals and tournaments to run faster.

About me and Frosty Faustings: I used to live in Chicago and am one of the most well known Guilty Gear players from the US. I have been living in Japan for almost 4 and a half years. Every year, I visit Chicago and run Frosty Faustings to help out the scene and get some games in with everyone. Please come support this event!

------

im gun win dis one and paint the city red with dis one if only 16bit is going no problem for me. my boi mad dog could totally take it too see you in the grand finals mad dog you sly dog

We're training so hard your a well established player and I respect that but number one in Illinois might change soon with my man toonchi

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Is this Toonchi the random Kung Lao I blew up 3-0 a week ago?

In Toonchi's defense he just got out of jail. He was unfamiliar with the matchup and if he knew of the kitana tech then he would have destroyed you like that cyrax player he babalitied. He vowed after he lost that he would never let 16bitch win another tourney.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
In Toonchi's defense he just got out of jail. He was unfamiliar with the matchup and if he knew of the kitana tech then he would have destroyed you like that cyrax player he babalitied. He vowed after he lost that he would never let 16bitch win another tourney.

Well I just got out of the army and I had never fought a Kung Lao before. If I knew about that spin move I'd have babied him.

If Ms. Kung Lao goes I will go to show my true skillz. Plus Toonchi will be all over "dat ass". GET IT.. LIKE AIR KITANA FROM THE STREAM? Who knows who will win. 5 W words make good sentences. No hard feelings its just HYPE BRAH.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If Ms. Kung Lao goes I will go to show my true skillz. Plus Toonchi will be all over "dat ass". GET IT.. LIKE AIR KITANA FROM THE STREAM? Who knows who will win. 5 W words make good sentences. No hard feelings its just HYPE BRAH.
It's Mrs. Kung Lao. She's married. KL put a ring on that finger for the Shaolin.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Count me in. I voted for $20/top 8 payout even though I doubt I'll be making top 8. Anything that will help draw in more top players to keep playing MK will make me happy.

Tolkeen

/wrists
As long as I don't have some sort of emergency, I'm definitely going to make it. It's way closer to my house than GGA!

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
ElvenShadow, the tournament organizer, announced that 20 dollar entry with top 8 payout is confirmed now for MK.