What's new

For everyone who has played Dark Souls, and everyone that should

LEGEND

YES!
i think most people have run out of their stock of divine blessing since its so long after the patch that fixed the dupe glitch. That shit was just as bad

LEGEND

YES!
Well if worst case scenario is having to bludgeon your opponent for 6 mins vs getting lag stabbed by gankers in the forest, my point is proven. Every time Ive lost in DeS I either did something stupid or was simply outplayed. I wish I could say the same for Dark. I love both games equally, but for different reasons. This argument is moot, youre defending Dark against a Dark fanboy. Nothing to gain lol.
Dark souls in the forest was ass and everyone knows it. If you stick to summon signs in the Burg or other designated areas it was fine for the most part

gankers show up every now and then but there is always the kiln, pvp arena and oolacile township if shit is being dumb

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Anyone who still wishes to play let me know if you want to be added to the PM that myself and a few others are in. We try to set up co op and it goes pretty well for the most part. We all have fairly low level characters (I'm the highest at 20), so for anyone who knows the game that ain't shit but about 20-30 minutes from the beginning of the game. I'm working on a hunter that specializes in bows with balder side sword for up close and personal encounters. I also have a finished mage, and I'm still working on my dual wield build. Lots of fun to experiment with different set ups and what not.

Edit: NavyBlack Espio Squeaker101 Lexithanius
Im down I just started a new deprived character

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I say the best PvP places were of course the burg, catacombs, and anor londo

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Well if worst case scenario is having to bludgeon your opponent for 6 mins vs getting lag stabbed by gankers in the forest, my point is proven. Every time Ive lost in DeS I either did something stupid or was simply outplayed. I wish I could say the same for Dark. I love both games equally, but for different reasons. This argument is moot, youre defending Dark against a Dark fanboy. Nothing to gain lol.

I suppose if I haven't conviced you yet, I'm not going too. So we will just agree to disagree good sir.

RM Truth

Dark souls in the forest was ass and everyone knows it. If you stick to summon signs in the Burg or other designated areas it was fine for the most part

gankers show up every now and then but there is always the kiln, pvp arena and oolacile township if shit is being dumb

Most of the forest invaders are really free so it's easy souls.

RM Truth

Maybe you didn't keep up with the meta, but everyone knows the forest is the LAST place you go to for 1v1 duels.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I take it no one here was a Darkmoon protector of Anor Londo?

Dealing with 3 on 1 every time you got summoned to Dark Anor Londo was hell on earth. Still, nothing feels better than taking out a group of sinful gankers by killing the host before they kill you. I have both fond memories and nightmares of long nights spent trying to take down a group of douchebags by myself or with a fellow Darkmoon.

LEGEND

YES!

Dealing with 3 on 1 every time you got summoned to Dark Anor Londo was hell on earth. Still, nothing feels better than taking out a group of sinful gankers by killing the host before they kill you. I have both fond memories and nightmares of long nights spent trying to take down a group of douchebags by myself or with a fellow Darkmoon.
i did that for alittle bit but my builds back then were terrible and i got wrecked most of the time. I have a spell caster Gandalf RP build that i plan on doing it with soon though

RM Truth

The only problem with Darmoon is that there was no upper lvl limit when you invaded, so you could be like a lvl 50ish Darkmoon invading the world of a lvl 500 character. :eek:

Law Hero

The only problem with Darmoon is that there was no upper lvl limit when you invaded, so you could be like a lvl 50ish Darkmoon invading the world of a lvl 500 character. :eek:
Just an occupational hazard.

You can't worry about petty things like "soul levels" and "game-breaking glitch-abusers" when you have to police the world and help deal some vengeance to the scumbags who deserve it. There are people out there in desperate need of a good laggy backstab, and it's up to the upstanding members of the Darkmoon Covenant to help spread the justice.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
forgot duping was patched, still got a char or 2 with maxed divines.

i truly cant go back to playing this game, i was just turned off after a few months of pvp while i was playing DS for 3 years at 4-1.

maybe the arena would fix this but i really dont like lag compensation and lagstabs doing actual damage now, what the fuck were they thinking?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
My ps3 broke and i lost characters that i have been playing since release day, and my NG+++ SL10, which i had JUST fucking beaten the 4 kings like 2 days before my ps3 died, that character has had me raging on a whole new level and now its gone :( blood was shed for that character, punching the wall after mega ornstein+++ so i havent got a lot of time for this game now, until i get somewhere worth being again :/

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
My ps3 broke and i lost characters that i have been playing since release day, and my NG+++ SL10, which i had JUST fucking beaten the 4 kings like 2 days before my ps3 died, that character has had me raging on a whole new level and now its gone :( blood was shed for that character, punching the wall after mega ornstein+++ so i havent got a lot of time for this game now, until i get somewhere worth being again :/
hahahahahahahahaha

RM Truth

forgot duping was patched, still got a char or 2 with maxed divines.

i truly cant go back to playing this game, i was just turned off after a few months of pvp while i was playing DS for 3 years at 4-1.

maybe the arena would fix this but i really dont like lag compensation and lagstabs doing actual damage now, what the fuck were they thinking?

They fixed a lot of the things that were broken in the game, but lag stabs are still there. People have come up with ways to get around them though.

EDIT: Barely anyone uses the arena so don't waste your time.

trufenix

bye felicia
That's the greatest part of the game IMO it really keeps you playing and makes be a completionist in it, I do however hope that they are still quite secretive in the sequel but help to clear much of the speculation, because there is still so much that is unclear from the lore of the game.
I feel the opposite, the real lack of any connection to the world made it much harder to motivate me to research it. The basic principle of "I'm a gamer, I must complete this" may have driven me to endure the game, but at no point did I feel sucked into the plot or care any more or less about where I was, or what was in there, it was just a matter of survival and endurance, not intrigue.

Even now, know thing full story it still feels like a mess of facts too obscure to piece together and far too dangerous to investigate in game. The games "plot" exists as some sort of easter egg, held hostage by the very real possibility of never finishing the game because you seek enlightenment.

Law Hero

I feel the opposite, the real lack of any connection to the world made it much harder to motivate me to research it. The basic principle of "I'm a gamer, I must complete this" may have driven me to endure the game, but at no point did I feel sucked into the plot or care any more or less about where I was, or what was in there, it was just a matter of survival and endurance, not intrigue.

Even now, know thing full story it still feels like a mess of facts too obscure to piece together and far too dangerous to investigate in game. The games "plot" exists as some sort of easter egg, held hostage by the very real possibility of never finishing the game because you seek enlightenment.
I think you're definitely looking at it the wrong way.

The "plot" is very simple: Ring the bells, get the lords souls, rekindle the last bonfire. I think it's right here that the game becomes a true role-playing game. There are many people who simply followed these instructions, went through the game quickly, and did their duty. They didn't explore, didn't ask questions, didn't read all the fine text, and simply had no interest or curiosity. Then there are people who decided to try to take the paths less traveled. They explored dangerous areas looking for treasure, information, or souls. They read every item description looking for hints and clues, or just information on their surroundings, and they played the part of the chosen undead in a very different way.

To me, it's a very unique method of placing the player in the world, especially one that's so bleak and dying. There's no exposition by random people in cutscenes, there's no one there to guide you along the path of good and evil, and if you're strong enough, you can do what you want. The "plot" will always be relatively simple, but for those who take the time to fully explore and understand everything, for those who meticulously dig for information, there's a whole history and world to uncover. It's just like examining ancient ruins. Someone's not going to show up and tell you what happened there and everything, but if you take your time to look thoroughly and put clues together, there's a vast world to explore and understand. It's one of the best aspects of the game that I hope they don't ditch in DS2.

trufenix

bye felicia
Law Hero, well that's the thing, and I think its just a difference in our mental wiring. It's awesome that From tucked a universe away behind the game, but the fact it only exists as that, an entity that exists outside the game itself, it feels cheap to me. You could take Burger Time and add a bunch of cryptic references behind each different hunk of meat and lettuce then drop subtle hints after each level, it still wouldn't be deeper than make burgers get points. There's simply no incentive to uncover Dark Souls. Its just an easter egg.

RM Truth

Law Hero, well that's the thing, and I think its just a difference in our mental wiring. It's awesome that From tucked a universe away behind the game, but the fact it only exists as that, an entity that exists outside the game itself, it feels cheap to me. You could take Burger Time and add a bunch of cryptic references behind each different hunk of meat and lettuce then drop subtle hints after each level, it still wouldn't be deeper than make burgers get points. There's simply no incentive to uncover Dark Souls. Its just an easter egg.

I love that game.