What's new

For everyone who has played Dark Souls, and everyone that should

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
A phantom is at a 25-50% health disadvantage going in, and they may be invading up to 3 people AND they're at a lower SL. It's definitely in the host's favor.

My very last pvp battle in that game lasted 15 minutes. Host kept on casting warding in 1-4, I fought him from pillar to post from the spawn point, up the alleys, up the stairs, all the way to the dragon bridge, where I cut off his escape. Fuck couldn't cast warding as he had my sword to his fore and fire to his aft. Twas awesome.

No way is it in the hosts favor. Instant speed health recovery makes health totals mean nothing. Multiple people don't always help if the invader knows the area, and knows what he can use to kill you. If you don't believe me on how stupid it was, check this video.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I'm dling a movie, so that video is about as laggy as PVPing in the Forest.

In Dark you can cast humanity as an invader. Has this never been done to you? I used to farm humanity as if my name were John. Unless you're a Darkmoon or a Wraith good luck finding a pvp opponent quickly. There aren't any OP weapons or spells in DeS either, unlike Dark where you can make a suicide run and become god tier. Seriously, I regret every hour spent in PVP on Dark, waste of fn time. Demons on the other hand, what a splendid experience. :)

PVE with ambiance not being considered, Dark is vastly superior. Most bosses are fuhreeeeeee.

RM Truth

Yes, and they get killed for it because humanity takes a good few seconds to activate. Plenty of time to run behind someone and backstab then as opposed to the instant nigh 1 frame heal you got from items in DeS. Just watch the video and you'll understand. DeS pvp was absolutely stupid. As for OP weapons, you must have never used the Blue blood sword. That thing could one shot ppl that were fully armored. I'm not quite sure how you could have a problem finding pvp opponents in DS. You just use the red shards or go to the forest and you can find opponents easy. The lag glitches in there were pretty stupid I'll give you that, it happens in DeS as well, just not as much.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Anyone who still wishes to play let me know if you want to be added to the PM that myself and a few others are in. We try to set up co op and it goes pretty well for the most part. We all have fairly low level characters (I'm the highest at 20), so for anyone who knows the game that ain't shit but about 20-30 minutes from the beginning of the game. I'm working on a hunter that specializes in bows with balder side sword for up close and personal encounters. I also have a finished mage, and I'm still working on my dual wield build. Lots of fun to experiment with different set ups and what not.

Edit: NavyBlack Espio Squeaker101 Lexithanius

RM Truth

Anyone who still wishes to play let me know if you want to be added to the PM that myself and a few others are in. We try to set up co op and it goes pretty well for the most part. We all have fairly low level characters (I'm the highest at 20), so for anyone who knows the game that ain't shit but about 20-30 minutes from the beginning of the game. I'm working on a hunter that specializes in bows with balder side sword for up close and personal encounters. I also have a finished mage, and I'm still working on my dual wield build. Lots of fun to experiment with different set ups and what not.
I'm down. I can have whatever level character you want me to have. What do you guys do exactly?

Killphil

ON PVP!!! Guys if you want to fight lets get it on! Navyblack and I were tired of the bullshit way people fight and attempted to set up duels in the kiln a few times. One of us would summon the other from their red sign into the game. We'd then summon a good phantom and have them fight while the human watches. The fishing for backstabs is stale as fuck and makes every encounter feel the same. You have different weapons, fucking FIGHT with them! Silver Knight spear is good for zoning people out and making them think twice about looking for that backstab. We use heavy ass weapons and bows and other non traditional weapons all the time. PvP gets boring as shit when everyone is using a katana or whatever is deemed to be OP at the time. The only weapon I didn't have great success with in this game so far has been the war pick.

RM Truth

ON PVP!!! Guys if you want to fight lets get it on! Navyblack and I were tired of the bullshit way people fight and attempted to set up duels in the kiln a few times. One of us would summon the other from their red sign into the game. We'd then summon a good phantom and have them fight while the human watches. The fishing for backstabs is stale as fuck and makes every encounter feel the same. You have different weapons, fucking FIGHT with them! Silver Knight spear is good for zoning people out and making them think twice about looking for that backstab. We use heavy ass weapons and bows and other non traditional weapons all the time. PvP gets boring as shit when everyone is using a katana or whatever is deemed to be OP at the time. The only weapon I didn't have great success with in this game so far has been the war pick.

You should try out the claws. Dual claws is super fun. I made a whole wolverine build with fire and lightning claws.

Killphil

I'm down. I can have whatever level character you want me to have. What do you guys do exactly?

We just help each other through the levels. Some of them are newbies like Espio and Lexi. ^^ We actually got killed in the parish 3v1 by an invader that used the wolf ring + great combustion. He thought he was hot shit and started saying how he 3v1'd us and it was somehow not in his favor. (he was WAY more powerful than all 3 of us...and wolf's ring+great combustion early on = instant death on whoever it hits)

RM Truth

We just help each other through the levels. Some of them are newbies like Espio and Lexi. ^^ We actually got killed in the parish 3v1 by an invader that used the wolf ring + great combustion. He thought he was hot shit and started saying how he 3v1'd us and it was somehow not in his favor. (he was WAY more powerful than all 3 of us...and wolf's ring+great combustion early on = instant death on whoever it hits)

Great Combustion is pretty ridiculous if you're not ready for it. Fortunately, a lot of people spam that shit, and its easy to dodge with enough practice. I just let them waste it all, then they have nothing, and I just kill them. What's annoying to dodge is Wrath of the Gods. THANK GOD most people only have 6 at the most.

RM Truth

But yeah, I'm down to help. Just add me to the PM or Skype or whatever you guys are using to stay in touch. I can get on whenever you want.

Killphil

Great Combustion is pretty ridiculous if you're not ready for it. Fortunately, a lot of people spam that shit, and its easy to dodge with enough practice. I just let them waste it all, then they have nothing, and I just kill them. What's annoying to dodge is Wrath of the Gods. THANK GOD most people only have 6 at the most.

We were right at the ladders to the gargoyles. We had no room to move around. And I did a lot of damage to this guy with poison arrows. He had a lot more health + poise + GC? We got fucked hard...and poor lexi was a greenhorn...Navy and I were a tad powerful for the area with upgraded weapons, but our stats were barebones so its not like we could take any more hits. :(

RM Truth

We were right at the ladders to the gargoyles. We had no room to move around. And I did a lot of damage to this guy with poison arrows. He had a lot more health + poise + GC? We got fucked hard...and poor lexi was a greenhorn...Navy and I were a tad powerful for the area with upgraded weapons, but our stats were barebones so its not like we could take any more hits. :(

Yeah, I can see why that would be a problem.

Killphil

Yeah, I can see why that would be a problem.

Long story short: Navy and I were on the phone...we KNEW this guy was trouble just by the wolf aura. I send the guy a message asking him if he could leave because we were just helping our friend through the level because he was new. Guy ignores it and kills us after like 20 minutes of waiting. He sends a message saying I'm a bitch, I tell him not to suck his dick too hard like he accomplished anything. And yea, it went back and forth with him coming up with excuses "you had 3 people" "gankers get no pity" "if your friend is that bad that he needs help through the game he should get better" <- I really like the logic in that one..as if his invasion without us there would of somehow made the fight "fair". I blocked that fuck, but I hope I run into him with one of my other characters someday. Lexi ran out of humanity so we had to be done for the night.

RM Truth

Long story short: Navy and I were on the phone...we KNEW this guy was trouble just by the wolf aura. I send the guy a message asking him if he could leave because we were just helping our friend through the level because he was new. Guy ignores it and kills us after like 20 minutes of waiting. He sends a message saying I'm a bitch, I tell him not to suck his dick too hard like he accomplished anything. And yea, it went back and forth with him coming up with excuses "you had 3 people" "gankers get no pity" "if your friend is that bad that he needs help through the game he should get better" <- I really like the logic in that one..as if his invasion without us there would of somehow made the fight "fair". I blocked that fuck, but I hope I run into him with one of my other characters someday. Lexi ran out of humanity so we had to be done for the night.

I'm a stockpile of items and weapons right now, so if you guys need shit, I'm more then happy to accomodate.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Yes, and they get killed for it because humanity takes a good few seconds to activate. Plenty of time to run behind someone and backstab then as opposed to the instant nigh 1 frame heal you got from items in DeS. Just watch the video and you'll understand. DeS pvp was absolutely stupid. As for OP weapons, you must have never used the Blue blood sword. That thing could one shot ppl that were fully armored. I'm not quite sure how you could have a problem finding pvp opponents in DS. You just use the red shards or go to the forest and you can find opponents easy. The lag glitches in there were pretty stupid I'll give you that, it happens in DeS as well, just not as much.
Ok I watched the video, youre basing PVP off of some dude trying to kill an invader with Hands of God. That weapon isnt pvp viable bro lol. I would have killed that dude with 1 backstab from my cursed hiltless + 5, if he somehow survived and attempted to grass a nice deft slash to his throat would dispatch him from Boletaria to the great unknown.

RM Truth

Ok I watched the video, youre basing PVP off of some dude trying to kill an invader with Hands of God. That weapon isnt pvp viable bro lol. I would have killed that dude with 1 backstab from my cursed hiltless + 5, if he somehow survived and attempted to grass a nice deft slash to his throat would dispatch him from Boletaria to the great unknown.

Doubtful, since he would've healed by the time you attacked. You actually paid attention to the video right?

RM Truth

Also, the point he was trying to make is that the items make fights last way too long and it just comes down to out lasting your opponents item count. The actual PvP in the game is fine. The problem is the items are an uncessary factor. The Estus Flasks are perfect change, since the invader has to rely on completely unsafe humanities to get their health back.

Killphil

LEGEND I had made a demon's/dark souls thread previously...should I ask for them to be merged? (I'm asking because there is a lot of good info in the other one, including the character builder link and whatnot for both games.

Killphil

Also, the point he was trying to make is that the items make fights last way too long and it just comes down to out lasting your opponents item count. The actual PvP in the game is fine. The problem is the items are an uncessary factor. The Estus Flasks are perfect change, since the invader has to rely on completely unsafe humanities to get their health back.

How about an invader that pops Divine Blessings like they're going out of style? That shit irritates me. I hope we can all start dueling sometime in the future though...with no healing of course. :)

RM Truth

How about an invader that pops Divine Blessings like they're going out of style? That shit irritates me. I hope we can all start dueling sometime in the future though...with no healing of course. :)

Divine Blessings are only available in a limited quantity. Also, I'm pretty sure they are nowhere near as fast as the grass in DeS.

LEGEND

YES!
LEGEND I had made a demon's/dark souls thread previously...should I ask for them to be merged? (I'm asking because there is a lot of good info in the other one, including the character builder link and whatnot for both games.
i do think these videos deserve there own thread

we could all just go back to posting in the other thread

Killphil

Divine Blessings are only available in a limited quantity. Also, I'm pretty sure they are nowhere near as fast as the grass in DeS.

I'm pretty sure they are though. And people who stacked the BB glitch when it was available have maxed Divine Blessings. That's the part I'm referring to. I've played several people who ate like 4+ during one fight. For such a limited item..is my death really worth all of it?

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Well if worst case scenario is having to bludgeon your opponent for 6 mins vs getting lag stabbed by gankers in the forest, my point is proven. Every time Ive lost in DeS I either did something stupid or was simply outplayed. I wish I could say the same for Dark. I love both games equally, but for different reasons. This argument is moot, youre defending Dark against a Dark fanboy. Nothing to gain lol.