What's new

For everyone who has played Dark Souls, and everyone that should

LEGEND

YES!

If you are a die hard Dark Souls fan, i recommend watching all the videos in the "Prepare to Cry" playlist. It adds alot of perspective to the lore/story of the game that you might have over looked.

If you haven't played a Souls game, The videos on this channel hopefully will get you interested in this amazing series or at very least entertain you with top notch story telling,

enjoy

EGP Wonder_Chef
Son ov Timett
TheSpore
Killphil
Qwark28
SonicBoomBrad
Sajam

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease

If you are a die hard Dark Souls fan, i recommend watching all the videos in the "Prepare to Cry" playlist. It adds alot of perspective to the lore/story of the game that you might have over looked.

If you haven't played a Souls game, The videos on this channel hopefully will get you interested in this amazing series or at very least entertain you with top notch story telling,

enjoy

EGP Wonder_Chef
@son ov timmit
TheSpore
Killphil
Qwark28
SonicBoomBrad
Sajam
Seen everyone of them and they are great also check out EpicNameBro's playthroughs and lore vids he goes into an extreme amount of detail on the lore...

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Good vids. Vaati makes some pretty nice lore videos.

Can't wait to see his Demon's Souls one though. I really like the story there more than in Dark Souls.

TheSpore

good vid, its just a shame you have to dig so hard to find the actual story of the thing.
That's the greatest part of the game IMO it really keeps you playing and makes be a completionist in it, I do however hope that they are still quite secretive in the sequel but help to clear much of the speculation, because there is still so much that is unclear from the lore of the game.

TheSpore

I never realized there were so many souls fans on TYM, I wish they had that ability to be able to all us link up together in the game instea being so random.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
I loved dark souls, never got to play demon souls will ds2 be random matchmaking or will you be able to choose?

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Does anyone still play btw? I've been meaning to go back to it again for nostalgia purposes.

TheSpore

I loved dark souls, never got to play demon souls will ds2 be random matchmaking or will you be able to choose?
I think its gonna be like in DS. Should definitely pick up Demon SOuls, its much harder and just like DS will keep playing for like ever.

-EDIT- SInce we have a pretty good amount of DS players we should make a character builds thread, we all know the crazy builds we can make in this game.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I think its gonna be like in DS. Should definitely pick up Demon SOuls, its much harder and just like DS will keep playing for like ever.

-EDIT- SInce we have a pretty good amount of DS players we should make a character builds thread, we all know the crazy builds we can make in this game.

I thought Demon Souls was waaay easier unless you choose not to use certain things (like the thief's ring)

TheSpore

I thought Demon Souls was waaay easier unless you choose not to use certain things (like the thief's ring)
It might be I never really got the chance to delve too deep into it, I know I always have issues getting through that game.

TheSpore

Also magic is really strong in that game.
That explains things I never use magic in Demon Souls, but my first NG++ Character in DS was an odd crossbreed of melee and Magic, I damn sorceress that wielded a freaking claymore, miss that character, now I just started a deprived and trying to do the game without starting with the master key,

RM Truth

Magic in DS was only good for PvE. In PvP, magic was pretty useless unless you set it up properly, and even then, it was only certain spells that were good. In PvP, it was all about Pyromancy and Miracles.

TheSpore

Magic in DS was only good for PvE. In PvP, magic was pretty useless unless you set it up properly, and even then, it was only certain spells that were good. In PvP, it was all about Pyromancy and Miracles.
Well a build that properly utilized Power Within and the Magic Weapon could make a absolute badass, but in DS I'de say the best way to go is upgrading your weapon to where it builds of of your magic or faith stat, so you can better utilize multiple magic, faith. or pyro spells.

LEGEND

YES!
we kind of already have a thread for the souls games but i guess one of us could make another one just for builds

RM Truth

Well a build that properly utilized Power Within and the Magic Weapon could make a absolute badass, but in DS I'de say the best way to go is upgrading your weapon to where it builds of of your magic or faith stat, so you can better utilize multiple magic, faith. or pyro spells.

Using Int scaled weapons are perfectly fine. I was just talking about the actual spells. Power Within was probably the most broken pyromancy in the game too, so that would be good for a magic weapon build.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Only time I ever used thief's ring was against the storm beasts, that ring is definitely easy mode. PVP is a 100 times better on Demon's, it's far more balanced than Dark, and the dedicated servers make invading a cinch. Also, DeS has tighter backstabs, you have to be directly behind your foe for a fair amount of frames before you can backstab them. None of that Raiden teleport into lagstab crap that was notorious in dark.

Legend, I'll check these vids out tomorrow, cheers man.

RM Truth

Only time I ever used thief's ring was against the storm beasts, that ring is definitely easy mode. PVP is a 100 times better on Demon's, it's far more balanced than Dark, and the dedicated servers make invading a cinch.

Legend, I'll check these vids out tomorrow, cheers man.

Not sure about that. Invading in Demon's Souls was heavily imbalanced due to the recovery items. Black Phantoms had a major advantage in that game. It also made invasions last way too long because there were no start up frames on the items, so they would get all of their health back before you can do a killing blow. Combined with the not being attacked by the enemies made it a bitch if you got invaded That's why they introduced the system of the Estus Flasks is Dark Souls.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
A phantom is at a 25-50% health disadvantage going in, and they may be invading up to 3 people AND they're at a lower SL. It's definitely in the host's favor.

My very last pvp battle in that game lasted 15 minutes. Host kept on casting warding in 1-4, I fought him from pillar to post from the spawn point, up the alleys, up the stairs, all the way to the dragon bridge, where I cut off his escape. Fuck couldn't cast warding as he had my sword to his fore and fire to his aft. Twas awesome.

LEGEND

YES!
My #1 build is and also will be Dex/pyro. So fundamental and versatile

come to think of it Dark Souls is the only game where my favorite character is both top tier (excuse the terminology) and doesn't bore me

TheSpore

The estus mechanic is definitely a good system in DS and the lag stabing crap in part of why I typically am soloing the game offline most the time, though I do at times go online just for a lil extra element of fun I enjoy the coop mode in the game a lot, definitely helps when you get stuck on a boss you get tired of fighting, now that doesn't mean I walked through DS at all I made my first full playthrough straight up solo, those damn Gargoyles in the bell tower and Smough and Orstein were a pain in the ass, at least until found out about the benefits of being human offline.