What's new

Tech Flame carpet

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I made a couple of posts in the general thread, but thought I might as well make a separate thread for this:

I thought I would get to the bottom of the tech that @DarKNaTaS posted a thread about a while ago:http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/general-zod-free-50-50-game-breaking-glitch.36032/

After some tinkering I found out how do do this consistently: Bascally you cancel the animation of the trait grab if you grab the opponent during the recovery frames of a jumping normal (on hit or whiff). You will need to press d4 or db4 while in the recovery frames after you land (For those familiar with trip guard, you will know what I mean). Darknatas might have tried to explain this at one point, but I didn't understand how it worked before checking this out myself, so sorry if I am repeating an explanation already available.

As far as I can see, this animation cancel let's you reset the opponent during the grab and also let's you move during MB laser, wich also leaves a "flame carpet" with an active hitbox on the floor for a long time (This is also stuff that Darknatas has explained to some degree and there has also been posted a video of it without an explanation at one point). If you do another MB laser after placing the flame carpet on the floor , it will cancel it out (Some times not), but it seems like you have the ability to place a new one by simply doing another MB laser after this again. Details on when this ability runs out is unsure for now:

I couldn't sleep, so I made a concept video on how to utilize Zod's flame carpet (Note: the flame carpet always seems to end up in the center of the stage, and on some stages it doesn't appear at all, just the shaking)

Here are the notations and explanation for what I am doing:

Activate trat, f21u2, up forward 1 (on the way down to let me grab the opponent in my recovery frames when I land. Note: You can do trait slash jump 2/3 too, but I find this more consistent), d4 (As I land), Fully charged laser (This is blockable since it is a reset, but I am just trying to show of the concept on how to use the flame carpet so w/e), f3, dash (to position myself), 12 xx MB laser, dash (The animation cancels itself mid way so you can dash/attack/jump), 22 (to push the opponent in to the flame carpet for a standing reset), j2 (I would assume this is as a very hard to blockable as you land with your overhead jump as the opponent is being attacked low with the flame carpet), f21u2 xx fast fireball, j2 xx normal fireball, dash, 12 xx MB laser. dash, 123 xx bf2.
Update:

The only stages that the flame carpet works on are Atlantis and Ferris Aircraft. This is most likely because the flame carpet always ends up in the center of the stage, and all the stages with transitions have "centers" that are considered in between the stages.

On another note I think I just exposed God who took credit for the burning bush.. It was Zod all along.

Here is an archive of Wonderchef trolling with the carpet online:
http://www.twitch.tv/egpwonderchef/b/444892134

He is also uploading the most amazing match to youtbe later:)

SimSim

Phenomenal discovery.

Zod is my main character, but the flame carpet glitches the screen and stage. It has to patched. I hope NRS knows about it.

In fact, this glitch could be ban worthy.

He needs it!:p

I realize that it probably needs to be fixed yes, but I think it won't get enough publicity to catch NRS' eyes right away, so someone should abuse it while it's in there. Also, the flame carpet or shaking isn't permanent, but It could last for an entire match in some cases I am sure.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
He needs it!:p

I realize that it probably needs to be fixed yes, but I think it won't get enough publicity to catch NRS' eyes right away, so someone should abuse it while it's in there. Also, the flame carpet or shaking isn't permanent, but It could last for an entire match in some cases I am sure.
Some characters cannot jump over the flame carpet, essentially creating a permanent ice clone in the middle of the screen.

Also, if your opponent gets caught in the carpet, you can jump around him/her for a death combo.

In my opinion, this glitch should be banned in all future tournaments until fixed.

SimSim

Some characters cannot jump over the flame carpet, essentially creating a permanent ice clone in the middle of the screen.

Also, if your opponent gets caught in the carpet, you can jump around him/her for a death combo.

In my opinion, this glitch should be banned in all future tournaments until fixed.

I guess maybe it should, but I hate to see interesting stuff get banned haha. I do realize it can break the game though. The first thing I tried was to make an infinite with it, but I didn't manage to do more than a few reps of carpet loops.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I guess maybe it should, but I hate to see interesting stuff get banned haha. I do realize it can break the game though. The first thing I tried was to make an infinite with it, but I didn't manage to do more than a few reps of carpet loops.
If the opponent gets caught in the carpet, jump around him/her back and forth. I managed to do a 60% combo.

SimSim

dont really get how you would set this up in an actual match. but if i saw it id probably laugh my fucking head off

I can totally see the trait grab cancel happening, but to actually utilize the flame carpet with a set up could prove difficult as it always ends up in the middle of the screen, and you would have to have different set ups for where you land it on the screen. But as m2Dave pointed out, it does act as a permanent "ice clone" in the middle of the screen, effectively improving Zod's zoning by a lot!

PS: if you want to see a specific way it could be utilized, just ask me to showcase it, and I will try to make a vid if I can find a way.

play/record a set with someone whos really good and land this in a live match. i will be EXTREMELY impressed

kudos regardless

SimSim

play/record a set with someone whos really good and land this in a live match. i will be EXTREMELY impressed

kudos regardless
That might be hard since I live in Norway and there aren't many great Injustice players here to play, and online is.. you know. But just tell me exactly why you feel this might be hard to utilize and I will try to prove you wrong. If you can activate trait you can get a guaranteed flame carpet every time, even from full screen away...

Edit: Only in Atlantis and Ferris Aircraft though.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
so using this wonderchef hit a literally 100,000+ hit combo. it went on before about an hour and a half before he ended it and the final damage was 2297%