What's new

Ff10 - Tom Brady (Sub-Zero) Vs CDjr (Jax)

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Well, first of all, I didn't cry about SubZero, I cried about the video. You would have understood that if you would have actually read what I said instead of dismissing it on the spot.

And yes, making a huge fuss that sub zero is not safe, and then showing Kung Lao punishing it like the new discovery of unobtanium is something I do not agree with.

It's incredibly obvious Sub is one of the characters that most of the cast has trouble with. If the video was done like "look, it's not that bad, you can find some ways out, even if you have to use meter most of the time and then afterwards if you make a bad read or choice you're back where you started from", yes. But acting like punishing Sub with spin was the second coming of Christ is just lame.
I won't disagree with you on the topic of the spin punishing the clone, however he said he's showcasing a video tomorrow with all characters and their options, so we can wait until then to determine how good the clone really is and whether or not many characters really don't have any viable options outside of wasting meter.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
You have no idea what happens behind the scenes. You have no idea who beats who in what in anything. You guide your entire experience in FT3s shown on stream, not the FT200 that we play here, so shut the fuck up lol
Are you seriously suggesting that we base match-ups on casuals and not actual tournament play?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Doing clone as a reversal in the string gaps working is a bit weird as well.

Does he need close range clone activation which acts as a counter? That's why we have the Unbreakable variation remember?

Odoyle

Drops combos
So much crying in this thread. We get it, you want to nerf Sub into the ground just like MK9. Sub isn't even the best character in the game and there are characters that have NASTY corner games as well. Erron Black and D'Vorah come to mind....hell both of those characters might end up being better than Sub.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
honestly i think the throw pulling into the clone has got to go. Because unlike the last game, Subzero actually has a mixup and is overall a better character. He doesnt need a free combo off an unblockable move.
If it were to be nerfed, that's probably the best route to go. I don't think I would be opposed to that. That would remove a huge part of the corner guessing game for the victim while still allowing SZ to be remain strong with a good 50/50. It would also eliminate the potential of ruining the character by messing with his core game plan, i.e. the klone.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
If it were to be nerfed, that's probably the best route to go. I don't think I would be opposed to that. That would remove a huge part of the corner guessing game for the victim while still allowing SZ to be remain strong with a good 50/50.
yeah, i mean if throw into clone were his main way of opening people up i'd say let it roll but, he already has plenty of options with out it, and thats what makes it a problem. Because a good sub player would have no reason to use it enough to become predictable with it. So if they decide to use it out of the blue its practically guaranteed because you won't see it comming.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So much crying in this thread. We get it, you want to nerf Sub into the ground just like MK9. Sub isn't even the best character in the game and there are characters that have NASTY corner games as well. Erron Black and D'Vorah come to mind....hell both of those characters might end up being better than Sub.
Quan Chi's corner game is reeeeaaaallly fucked up.

Slymind

Noob
I think it's always important to analyse a charater in it's entirety, clone pressure is strong in the corner, but Sub-Zero damage output seems to be considerably lower than many characters, and CDjr most likely is learning the matchup, and learning Jax, i for one think Tyrant is currently better as Jax, his conversions and rocket launcher cancel pressure is insane.

Odoyle

Drops combos
yeah, i mean if throw into clone were his main way of opening people up i'd say let it roll but, he already has plenty of options with out it, and thats what makes it a problem. Because a good sub player would have no reason to use it enough to become predictable with it. So if they decide to use it out of the blue its practically guaranteed because you won't see it comming.
Tom does such a great job using it. I never use it because I never think about it in a match. :( I'm a bit older than most players so it takes me a bit to grind something into my routine but I'll get it....it's such a good tool. On the other hand if that's what ended up getting nerfed, I wouldn't be affected to badly I guess haha.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Tom does such a great job using it. I never use it because I never think about it in a match. :( I'm a bit older than most players so it takes me a bit to grind something into my routine but I'll get it....it's such a good tool. On the other hand if that's what ended up getting nerfed, I wouldn't be affected to badly I guess haha.
and thats the point im trying to make xD, its because you don't need it that its even more scary. Say you need one more combo to win the match, your opponent is already worried about a 50/50 and trying to get out or block it. Then you just go up and throw into your ice clone, get your combo and win! lol they'd most likely never see it coming, so the chance of teching it is really low. Other than that i think sub is fine.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Well, first of all, I didn't cry about SubZero, I cried about the video. You would have understood that if you would have actually read what I said instead of dismissing it on the spot.

And yes, making a huge fuss that sub zero is not safe, and then showing Kung Lao punishing it like the new discovery of unobtanium is something I do not agree with.

It's incredibly obvious Sub is one of the characters that most of the cast has trouble with. If the video was done like "look, it's not that bad, you can find some ways out, even if you have to use meter most of the time and then afterwards if you make a bad read or choice you're back where you started from", yes. But acting like punishing Sub with spin was the second coming of Christ is just lame.
I said what I said, because it's not the first time I see you around crying over Sub-Zero. And I don't really understand why you're only talking about Kung Lao here when the video shows another bunch of characters. There's a lot harder matches ups for Sub than KL. And that video was done has a counter-asnwer to all the cry baby in this forum saying Sub-Zero is absolutely safe in all of this strings ending in Klone, which he obviously isn't. Did you even read the exemple I gave to you about Ermac and Jacqui?

I won't disagree with you on the topic of the spin punishing the clone, however he said he's showcasing a video tomorrow with all characters and their options, so we can wait until then to determine how good the clone really is and whether or not many characters really don't have any viable options outside of wasting meter.
I woulnd't really call a waste if it leads to 25%+ punish. :p

honestly i think the throw pulling into the clone has got to go. Because unlike the last game, Subzero actually has a mixup and is overall a better character. He doesnt need a free combo off an unblockable move.
It ain't free, son.

If it were to be nerfed, that's probably the best route to go. I don't think I would be opposed to that. That would remove a huge part of the corner guessing game for the victim while still allowing SZ to be remain strong with a good 50/50. It would also eliminate the potential of ruining the character by messing with his core game plan, i.e. the klone.
I really don't agree with this. Like I said it's not a "free combo" like the other dude said. It's all about mind games. It's not like it's inescapable.

Last edited:

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
That's funny, because @A F0xy Grampa gets out of the corner all the time, or at least forces me to check myself before running in a 50/50 or grab, and he certainly punishes the B2 100% of the time it's blocked, and will MB spin the Ice Ball from B33.

Any character with an armoured move will reduce any advance from a Klone in the corner to a minimum, and it will stifle the corner game massively...try flow charting corner Klone stuff against Thunder God Raiden with a bar and eat 38% while being pushed almost the other side of the screen, or Reptile, and be lunched into a slow force ball mind fuck, or even against Sub Zero himself and have the tables turned instantly with a MB slide...

There are other punishable things to consider, If I put up a Klone from 123 Slide in the corner, characters can MB wake up through the Klone, and they can also armour through anything I try to do If I get greedy once the Klone is out.

Im not saying it isn't good, and I'm not saying some characters don't have better options that others to escape or punish in the corner, but in time, you will see.

Last edited:

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I think it's always important to analyse a charater in it's entirety, clone pressure is strong in the corner, but Sub-Zero damage output seems to be considerably lower than many characters, and CDjr most likely is learning the matchup, and learning Jax, i for one think Tyrant is currently better as Jax, his conversions and rocket launcher cancel pressure is insane.
Agreed. Tyrant seems more solid, at least so far.

I hate that this is how people solve their problems these days, beg the company to change what they can't figure out. Remember tic throws? People screamed op for ages before they finally adapted. Tom had already demonstrated that it is quite possible to deal with Sub-Zero, but instead of putting in a little effort, we want the game to accommodate for our weakness and laziness.

People want Sub Zero to be consistently low tier because he changes the way you play the game. He forces you to be patient and strategic. Most people dont like that.
im not a top player nor do i claim to have intrinsic knowledge to fg's and so on, but like when i play sub zeros using dvorah venomous (or any other variant for that matter) the corner game is actually not too bad considering her D3, D$ and F2 range (granted f2 is not safe as has slight advance) but on top of that once you get the hit and destroy the clone, its an easy corner turnaround with F42 and all of a sudden im like so try your little MB slide reversal on me bro, so i can waste your meter and then mix u up all day with F22 and puddles or D4, f22 bug spray like, she stuffs him hard and his ice ball game is pish to her

not to mention ALLLLLLL the other characters that just have stupidly outrageous mixup strings and fancy pants combos that arent too taxing to pull off. hell sub zero is the one guy i struggle to hit any high damage combos with at all (ok yes he has clone and match pacing control, but you can still fk up and suddenly your in a large string costing you a lot of your very needed meter)

if anything i would say that sub zero should inherit his old trait of if he freezes you 2x the freeze is reversed (but only in grand master as i think it was mk2 or 3 where clone came into game and if you got frozen 2x it was reversed onto subby) clearly for the brutality at the end this wouldnt happen. if anything with sub zero it seems like he could just use maybe a little extra time on the cooldown of a clone maybe say IF it DOESNT hit a freeze you get an increase in CD but if you get frozen it resets the timer or maybe even vice versa and if you get frozen it then has a longer CD but if he throws it and it leads to nothing it resets quicker. that way he has pressure with it till it lands and then it cannot be used easily again in string or combo

i dunno just throwing out ideas. i personally use dvorah so i just use puddles or d4 and one way or another sub doesnt really get the pressure he wants on me

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Are you seriously suggesting that we base match-ups on casuals and not actual tournament play?
You can't determine the extent of a matchup from FT2's and FT3's. So yeah, it takes a much longer set (more than one) to fully explore the nuances.

For sure, no one should ever be declaring a matchup "because this is what happened in a couple of FT2s in tournament".

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
You can't determine the extent of a matchup from FT2's and FT3's. So yeah, it takes a much longer set (more than one) to fully explore the nuances.

For sure, no one should ever be declaring a matchup "because this is what happened in a couple of FT2s in tournament".
I get what you're trying to say, but using casual games as a determining factor for anything is completely ass-backwards. It goes against the standard of every other competitive event in the history of the universe. There is nothing on the line in casuals, and it's an opportunity to try new things and learn. That is why wins and losses do not count in a casual setting. Not to mention the yomi is competely different in a long set vs. a ft2 or 3.