What's new

Ff10 - Tom Brady (Sub-Zero) Vs CDjr (Jax)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You write it as if it was easy but it's not. It's a guess where 90% of the time you're gonna lose. And he jumps back to break the clone with the air ground pound.
I'm not saying just CDjr, most ppl jumps back.

And not, its not easy, as i said before, is a hard read, getting out of clone lockdown is a challenge.

Didn't JR beat Brady 2-1 at paradise found, eliminating him? Was this before that match? Because JR looked a lot better in that set.

Also are people still on the ice clone is too good train? Really? After all these Sub Zero players have been dominating locals and NWM? (Sarcasm, because this doesn't happen and Sub Zero is fine)
Yes, he did beat me at Paradise Found so he is clearly playing this mu much better then when he faced it for the first time.

Nothing looks the same as that first set we did. At the the Break we played and I won 3-2 which is already better than the first set we played as he began to get a better understanding on what to do. Then, at Paradise Found, he won 2-1. At the tournament last night, even though I won 3-0, he still looked much better then when he played it for the first time. He's learning and leveling up every day, no one should judge him on when he is fighting something that he is unfamiliar with.

Watching that initial FT10 really doesnt show much right now. Watch his matches against me from the break, Paradise Found, and last night.

Last edited:

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
If the clone is such a "problem" then how come players who know the MU deal with it just fine? Wonderchef beat him at NWM, REO beat him last night, and JR at paradise found.

Seems to me that players who learn the MU have no problem playing against the clone as long as they practice how their character/characters can deal with it. Tournament evidence speaks for itself. Mindless whining does not.

Just because the ice clone is hard to deal with doesn't mean it's a problem. If it wasn't hard to deal with Sub Zero would suck.

Last edited:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You havent seen anything.

So the clone is a problem.
Well, the clone is a problem if you don't know your options, but even then, it can be a problem even when you do know your options, mainly because the ex clone can be used to bait a majority of unsafe punishes. But I play Lao, who has various options to either nullify the clone, or punish it, at most points on the screen.

But these options arent always exclusive to Lao.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Ok, so I'm going to take a higher route here and not cry, but ask.

I was bodied free last night by one of the best Sub players 4-14 with Cyber Kano and 0-6 with Full Auto Jacqui. What do you in the corner???

My matches looked exactly what that video showed when I was in the corner. It didn't feel like a 50/50 chance, it felt like a 20/20/20/20/20 chance, and then getting combo'd right back into more ice clone mixups. Then when I was FINALLY able to guess right he almost always had two bars to break leaving me right back in the corner. Might have been the saltiest I've ever been since I've been playing this game.

So what do you actually do in the corner against this??? Any advice at all is appreciated. I can't let something like that happen again.

Ok, so I'm going to take a higher route here and not cry, but ask.

I was bodied free last night by one of the best Sub players 4-14 with Cyber Kano and 0-6 with Full Auto Jacqui. What do you in the corner???

My matches looked exactly what that video showed when I was in the corner. It didn't feel like a 50/50 chance, it felt like a 20/20/20/20/20 chance, and then getting combo'd right back into more ice clone mixups. Then when I was FINALLY able to guess right he almost always had two bars to break leaving me right back in the corner. Might have been the saltiest I've ever been since I've been playing this game.

So what do you actually do in the corner against this??? Any advice at all is appreciated. I can't let something like that happen again.
I'm making a video that will be out tomorrow showing every characters options.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
If the clone is such a "problem" then how come players who know the MU deal with it just fine? Wonderchef beat him at NWM, REO beat him last night, and JR at paradise found.

Seems to me that players who learn the MU have no problem playing against the clone as long as they practice how their character/characters can deal with it. Tournament evidence speaks for itself. Mindless whining does not.

Just because the ice clone is hard to deal with doesn't mean it's a problem. If it wasn't hard to deal with Sub Zero would suck.

You arent looking at it from the other point of view, people punishing sub zeros punishable clone set ups just shows weak sub zero play, what would've happened if the SZ players only put up safe clones?

But thats too far ahead of the time the community is whining about at the moment.

Didn't JR beat Brady 2-1 at paradise found, eliminating him? Was this before that match? Because JR looked a lot better in that set.

Also are people still on the ice clone is too good train? Really? After all these Sub Zero players have been dominating locals and NWM? (Sarcasm, because this doesn't happen and Sub Zero is fine)
REO is the reason why my trapping is so good. I have put him in the trap literally 99999999999999999999999999999999999 times and he has the most exp of anyone in that situation. Its to the point where I now need and even better set up to give me even more options. Thats why I'm so fortunate to have great players like REO, CDjr, Rico, Maxter, CD Prime, Zyphox, Arma, KDZ, Decay, Jupiter, Claude, Revolver, Coach Steve, Art, Cossner, etc to play with. They will adapt and make things harder and harder for me which in turn FORCES me to evolve.

Last edited:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
REO is the reason why my trapping is so good. I have put him in the trap literally 99999999999999999999999999999999999 times and he has the most exp of anyone in that situation. Its to the point where I now need and even better set up to give me even more options.
This is basically what I was saying, just replace your name with glue, reo with mine.
Good thing we're on the same page.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Characters. Good reads. You're defining the entire game meta in FT3s in very specific match ups.
Its a problem because it's a problem. A character doesn't need a ridiculous tool to be good.
Okay, i will make a more direct question, do you think it should be nerfed?
I think a small breathing window would be nice but it wouldn't really change much. It's an specific character issue, except a bunch of characters have that issue.
So as soon as something is hard its a problem? Give me a fucking break.

And you're the one stating its a problem not him, dont put words in his mouth.
Lawl inb4 tym meta catches up

Last edited: