What's new

Fatal February '13 UMK3 Tournament COMPLETED - Juggs Wins!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
CONGRATS to Juggs for winning this tournament!
DATE: Saturday, February 16, 2013
TIME: 7pm Eastern (4pm Pacific)

Please note - this is a USA XBL only tournament. If you do not reside in the US, you will not be permitted to enter due to lag concerns. Matches may be played via MKAK or the original UMK '06 release.

RULES
  • All matches are best of 5 (first to 3.) Winner/Loser/Grand finals are best of 7.
  • Double elimination
  • All participants will need to access the TYM Chat during tournament play to report their match scores and setup their games with opponents.If you cannot access the TYM Chat during tourney play, you cannot enter the tournament.
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, AIM, PSN, or through someone else. By posting your intent to enter in this thread, it shows you are a TYM member and you will check the thread for updates rather than relying on us to tell you.
  • All entrants are responsible for checking this thread regularly for updates; including dates, times, and match brackets. We will not send out reminders to players.
  • If connection breaks then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to the chat room IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent. Bear in mind this applies to first round matches.
  • You are permitted to quit on account of lag after the first match if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 2nd match is started you must continue the rest of your remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this ASAP in the chat room in order to get a new opponent. Otherwise, you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. All subsequent rounds MUST be played regardless of lag.
  • If you need to withdraw from the tournament, please give advance notice (at least 24 hours if possible) as a courtesy. Repeated no shows will result in being blacklisted from future competitions.
  • If you are currently banned from the Kombat Network, you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • All participants will have a 10 minute grace period to show up in the chat room for the start of the tournament. If the player has not arrived by that time, they will be disqualified.
  • Failing to post score results of a match in the chat, voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match or at any time in the tournament, any sort of suspicious activity (impersonation, ban evasion, etc), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification. The staff reserves the right to disqualify a player at any time.
  • If a player is DQ'ed then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve then the player will receive a bye.
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!

BRACKET LINK
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=440631

SIGNUPS (minimum of 8 players required)
1. STB Chongo
2. GoldenOreos
3. Juggs
4. OUIJA WARRIOR
5. Zer0 Hundr3d
6. rsigley (GT = stanley decker)
7. NobilityV3
8. MIKECALDWELL
9. FOREVER KING
10. MastaZenyouX
11. @¼ good
12. Airflash 24
13. JOHNNY ERMAC

RESERVES

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Just had an idea... I think I will rename these tournies and give them proper titles (winter brawl, summer jam, etc.) Fall USA PS3 Tourney 20XX just sounds lame IMHO, lol

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Note: Due to lack of signups and interest on the PS3, this tournament will now be hosted on XBL.

Tagging Juggs in case he's interested or wants to pass the word.

jamessmk

I am your god
I will sponsor OBS_MRIGOTBASE. I don't believe he can be ban from tournaments in fact, I am quite sure and 9.95 event said so, and on top off that he is a great player as well

jamessmk

I am your god
Can I get an answer for my player which I have sponsored. He is a good player. His ban on the site should not effect his ability to compete online. He has since been tamed, maybe his partner is still a wild dog. But, let OBS_MRIGOTBASE in or out. So I can tell him either way

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Can I get an answer for my player which I have sponsored. He is a good player. His ban on the site should not effect his ability to compete online. He has since been tamed, maybe his partner is still a wild dog. But, let OBS_MRIGOTBASE in or out. So I can tell him either way
MKillBill is having medical problems ATM, so he won't be on for a couple of weeks.

I don't have a problem with Bass being in the tournament, but one of the rules states that if you're not a member of this forum you can't participate. Mainly do to the fact that you need to be in the TYM chat for the tournament. Just have to wait and see what Bill says.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
As Juggs stated, I'm facing some medical issues that will make posting a tad difficult, so here's a quick answer....

As per the rules, Bass cannot enter

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I hope you feel better man.
With that said pull me out also. I am not a big fan of the jab glitches and i don't use them myself however, bass is a part f this community and has played on the charity streams with no issues. Hes also a fellow OBS member and I stand by him. Not only that but it seem's myself, Jugs & JamessMK sseem ok having him play. Also if you heard on the On Blast Show hes not banned from entering tournaments so I honestly can't see why having him on this tournament would be an issue. Like it or not hes a part of this community and acting like hes not wont change anything. Didn't he win a UMK Tourney awhile back. Yeah he did. Anyway sorry to rant I just waned to post my opinion on this. Maybe a UMK online tourny should be hosted by the on blast show one day or something. I am sure then we can get everyone from the community behind it w/o having to exclude someone.

EDIT: No offense to the rules and the to organizer just my opinion.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I dont have time to post a sermon about this, but sorry you both feel this way.

Juggs please drop both players from the tourney

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I dont have time to post a sermon about this, but sorry you both feel this way.

Juggs please drop both players from the tourney
Not an issue mkkillbill. I hope you feel better and hope tourney goes well later everyone and hopefully c u guys at winter brawl.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2