What's new

Fatal February '13 UMK3 Tournament COMPLETED - Juggs Wins!

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I'll stay in, just wanted to share the fact that I've never played this game at all lol. Maybe this'll give me a reason to play :).
If u want practice I am decent add me on xbox live or psn as EdFig81 :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
last i checked bass is banned from tym not the tym irc room unless u guys have banned from the irc room a billion times to stop his ip. it seems the rules were made to prevent him from playing in the first place. which sucks since there arent many players out there left in the world of umk3 and u could use all the players u can get for this. a 3 man tourney dont sound all that great.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
last i checked bass is banned from tym not the tym irc room unless u guys have banned from the irc room a billion times to stop his ip. it seems the rules were made to prevent him from playing in the first place. which sucks since there arent many players out there left in the world of umk3 and u could use all the players u can get for this. a 3 man tourney dont sound all that great.
AMEN BRO AMEN. BTW is TYM IRC on a dedicated TYM server if not?

nwo

Noob
There needs to be some software that allows PC vs PSN or PC vs XBL. That would be crazy. I think some games on Steam like Team Fortress 2 allow this.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Hey guys. Post this on mkunited to. Hey the Max number of entrants can increase if ya do it right. So do it.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Would have responded to this sooner if not for the injury I'm recovering from. This set of rules you guys are referring to has been in effect for a number of years now; predating the TYM/CMK merger. Regarding the chat room, the reason for having all participants use the chat during tourney play is to ensure everyone is present at the start of the event, can report match scores, and helps ensure the tourney is finished in a timely fashion. In general, it just makes it more of a social experience for everyone. There is no personal vendetta against Bass on my end. It all comes down to following and enforcing site rules. If a user is banned from the site, he/she is also banned from participating in site-related online events.

Reactions: ZAQ

NoDoubt

nasty
Would have responded to this sooner if not for the injury I'm recovering from. This set of rules you guys are referring to has been in effect for a number of years now; predating the TYM/CMK merger. Regarding the chat room, the reason for having all participants use the chat during tourney play is to ensure everyone is present at the start of the event, can report match scores, and helps ensure the tourney is finished in a timely fashion. In general, it just makes it more of a social experience for everyone. There is no personal vendetta against Bass from my end. It all comes down to following and enforcing site rules. If a user is banned from the site, he/she is also banned from participating in site-related online events.
which is why I couldnt play in the first major cmk.com UMK3 tourney cuz i was banned by x820 lmao.

btw, Miss Spin won that tourney : P and all she got was a cookie.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Would have responded to this sooner if not for the injury I'm recovering from. This set of rules you guys are referring to has been in effect for a number of years now; predating the TYM/CMK merger. Regarding the chat room, the reason for having all participants use the chat during tourney play is to ensure everyone is present at the start of the event, can report match scores, and helps ensure the tourney is finished in a timely fashion. In general, it just makes it more of a social experience for everyone. There is no personal vendetta against Bass on my end. It all comes down to following and enforcing site rules. If a user is banned from the site, he/she is also banned from participating in site-related online events.
So to clarify what you're saying. Bass is banned from online events but not off line events? Imo that doesn't make sense but hey that's just my opinion. I mean if he showed up to nec 2012 he would be allowed to participate and while thats a tournament, it is run by the same people that run tym . Look I dont want to start drama. Next tourney imo if you dont have a vendetta agginst bass it should be organized then on another site that doesnt have these rules that state online = ban and offline doesnt.

At the end of the day we are onky trying to support our game right that many dont support anymore.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
There needs to be some software that allows PC vs PSN or PC vs XBL. That would be crazy. I think some games on Steam like Team Fortress 2 allow this.
TF2 does not have cross platform play.

They CAN do it, they choose not too. Why? Mainly because they use this for competitive shooters, and PC players ALWAYS beat the hell out of console gamers. They stick too games like Portal 2 and more co-operative games for cross platform games.

That being said, a fighting game between platforms would also be extremely laggy in my opinion, different hardware, different frames, different everything.

I am also up for this tourney (MKAK).

NoDoubt

nasty
If he doesn't enter then I'm bailing out. The whole reason I wake up every morning is for this moment, the opportunity to get even with my fellow rival, No Doubt. He MUST enter for the sake of my existence, or I give up on UMK3.
sorry i work saturdays. lol