What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

E

Eldriken

Shrug, I play on PC with the settings totally cranked.. it looks good to me. Its no Witcher 3, but its still a very good looking game.
It's obviously going to look better on PC, especially due to the fact that modders can make it look even better.

I'm not trying to say the game looks like absolute dogshit or anything or that it's a bad game due to its lacking graphics. It's just Bethesda needs to develop a new engine already.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The game's easy without one. I haven't found one yet and everything dies in 1 to 2 hits from my Super Sledge.

I've got eleventy-billion Stimpaks, so I'm never in any danger of dying unless an enemy surprises me with a mini-nuke.
On survival? How much damage does your super sledge do?

Also its good to note that in every Fallout game the higher level you get the easier it becomes. Enemies dont scale really well. Even on survival by level 50 you can beat a lot of enemies pretty easily.

My suggestions to make the game harder:
No Stimpaks, only food/water
Dont wear armor/clothes

Or start a new character and play Dead is dead(i.e if you die you have to create a new character). That makes the game much more intense.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's really not a good sign if you have to start imposing artificial limits on yourself, though. A big appeal of open games like FO is that constant quest for power, for the next best piece of armor, the next best weapon. They just made it way too damned easy to get the best of the best very early on, leaving you nothing to look forward to or strive for.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm on my way to level 70 and I'm still finding new stuff to do.
Not sure how you people half my level are getting bored so easily.
Yeah. I'm playing as a ninja assassin. Sneaking everywhere, getting back stab one hit kills. It's great for immersion and just plain fun to actually role play and play a specialized character. This along with countless side missions and places to discover, and being able to build your own stronghold/house will bring infinite replay value for me.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Man, can't wait to buy the GOTY edition on PC in a year and mod the shit out of it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It's really not a good sign if you have to start imposing artificial limits on yourself, though. A big appeal of open games like FO is that constant quest for power, for the next best piece of armor, the next best weapon. They just made it way too damned easy to get the best of the best very early on, leaving you nothing to look forward to or strive for.
Like I said, its like this in all Fallouts. The leveling system doesnt really work because the enemies level base on the area that you're in and the end game territories at most have enemies level 20-30. So once you get past 30 everything tends to be smooth sailing.

I agree with you though. Would like to see areas that you cant get to until later in the game with enemies leveled really high(50 or higher).

Finally got F4!
It's a good game, but just not my kind of game.
I will probably not playing this game that much.
I <3 Skyrim though and have spent over 100 hours on it.
I can't see myself spending so many hours on F4. :(

Also how do I find sidequests?
Just following the main quests and I am dieng all the time since my lvl is too low.
But I can't see any sidequests on the map nor any NPCs with a speech bubble on it with sidequests?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Finally got F4!
It's a good game, but just not my kind of game.
I will probably not playing this game that much.
I <3 Skyrim though and have spent over 100 hours on it.
I can't see myself spending so many hours on F4. :(

Also how do I find sidequests?
Just following the main quests and I am dieng all the time since my lvl is too low.
But I can't see any sidequests on the map nor any NPCs with a speech bubble on it with sidequests?
Sometimes you just have to be near an NPC when they speak a certain line of dialogue. Other times you just have to choose the "looking for work" dialogue option. If you talk to the main dude at Sanctuary (can't remember his name; black dude with a cowboy hat) he'll get you started on a long series of side quests involving settlements.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm on my way to level 70 and I'm still finding new stuff to do.
Not sure how you people half my level are getting bored so easily.
Probably because they've been playing it too much consecutively.

I hear this for every new game without fail.

People need to learn to step back from a game for a while and then jump back in later, so you don't burn yourself out.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The Railway Rifle is probably the best weapon the Fallout series has. I really like how they handled the Fallout 4 version.

I managed to get a railway spike sticking out of somebody's crotch and laughed for a good few minutes lol.
Is there any easy way of getting ammo for it?

I'm sure there's stuff I missed in this game, but honestly, none of it feels worthwhile at all. I hopped on the other day and stumbled across a ghoul kid in a fridge claiming he had been in there since Pre-War. That's when I shut the game off and I'm probably not gonna go back to it for a good while.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Probably because they've been playing it too much consecutively.

I hear this for every new game without fail.

People need to learn to step back from a game for a while and then jump back in later, so you don't burn yourself out.
This is true 100%. I had to take a break for a few days and then play it again. Now I feel back to normal almost. Still isn't New Vegas level godly, but it holds its own.

I'm sure there's stuff I missed in this game, but honestly, none of it feels worthwhile at all. I hopped on the other day and stumbled across a ghoul kid in a fridge claiming he had been in there since Pre-War. That's when I shut the game off and I'm probably not gonna go back to it for a good while.
Lmao!!! That's pretty bad haha!