What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Am I the only one who can't complete a billion quests because the game crashes in certain areas?

I can't join the Railroad, can't complete shadow of steel, can't complete Hunter/Hunted. I'm hoping in a patch soon, the game is beautiful but not being able to do shit in 3 of the main questlines is a huge disappointment.... :/ I'm on PS4

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Am I the only one who can't complete a billion quests because the game crashes in certain areas?

I can't join the Railroad, can't complete shadow of steel, can't complete Hunter/Hunted. I'm hoping in a patch soon, the game is beautiful but not being able to do shit in 3 of the main questlines is a huge disappointment.... :/ I'm on PS4
Games never crashed for me.

Zoidberg747

Getting pretty damn bored with the game.
Tbh I kind of wish I was too.

About 100 hours in and I just got to the Institute which opens up even more quests. Still only explored about half the map etc.

It seems like itll take more than 200 hours for me to do everything I want to do, which is awesome except that pretty much guarantees I wont have a life for even longer lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Getting pretty damn bored with the game.
As much as I'd hate to admit it, I'm getting this way as well and I'm not half as far as some people.

I dunno, compared to New Vegas, this game just feels "lacking" I guess. It's Fallout, huge exploration and good quest and such, but it doesn't have the importance of the "pull" to play like FO:NV did. I ended up playing WWE more this weekend.

I dunno. I'll try to do more main quest or explore more but it isn't as engaging as past FO titles imo.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
As much as I'd hate to admit it, I'm getting this way as well and I'm not half as far as some people.

I dunno, compared to New Vegas, this game just feels "lacking" I guess. It's Fallout, huge exploration and good quest and such, but it doesn't have the importance of the "pull" to play like FO:NV did. I ended up playing WWE more this weekend.

I dunno. I'll try to do more main quest or explore more but it isn't as engaging as past FO titles imo.
I was just about to post this. I love this game but I kinda feel the story/dialogue is lacking. It would be cool if someone was able to somehow just mod F4 with FNVS data or something. Just combine the two and its perfect 10/10

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
They also made it too easy to become godlike. I've stopped looting and scavenging and couldn't give less of a shit about quest rewards. I kill everything in one or two shots and nothing can hurt me. What's the point of continuing?

Zoidberg747

They also made it too easy to become godlike. I've stopped looting and scavenging and couldn't give less of a shit about quest rewards. I kill everything in one or two shots and nothing can hurt me. What's the point of continuing?
Quit using the Gauss rifle lol.

E

Eldriken

Quit using the Gauss rifle lol.
The game's easy without one. I haven't found one yet and everything dies in 1 to 2 hits from my Super Sledge.

I've got eleventy-billion Stimpaks, so I'm never in any danger of dying unless an enemy surprises me with a mini-nuke.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』

Its because its a game written by Bethesda. They are a company full of hack game designers and writers. Obsidian took fallout 3 and made a 100x better game on a stricter deadline. For godsake could they have not made a new engine instead of using the a already outdated engine from years past? They probably spent more on advertisements/ paid reviews/release parties then on game testing and Q&A. I still dont get why people believe a word of what Todd Howard says when he has lied about so much in the past.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Has anyone built anything significant yet? I have an epic WIP house that I'd like to show you guys. The building in this game is actually really legit, a lot of similarities to minecraft.
Yeah, I've got all of my settlements set up with all the necessary amenities. I make "cheap affordable housing for the average worker", which is basically a line of 1x1 apartments with a light bulb, 2 beds, carpet, and picture of a sunset on the wall.

Been transferring all of my materials to Red Rocket, though. Not going to build a recruitment beacon and am just going to focus on turning it into my own private base. You can build up incredibly high there (like 8 or 9 stories high).

E

Eldriken

Its because its a game written by Bethesda. They are a company full of hack game designers and writers. Obsidian took fallout 3 and made a 100x better game on a stricter deadline. For godsake could they have not made a new engine instead of using the a already outdated engine from years past? They probably spent more on advertisements/ paid reviews/release parties then on game testing and Q&A. I still dont get why people believe a word of what Todd Howard says when he has lied about so much in the past.
I can't help but agree with this. When you've got a game that looks as amazing as The Witcher 3 and it's significantly larger, there's no excuse for Fallout 4 to look like it does.

E

Eldriken

FO4 looks great, what do you mean?
As you said earlier, you haven't played the others. Compare it to them. It looks better than Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but it doesn't look as good as it should.

It's not a terribly ugly game, but considering it's a next-gen only game, it should look a Hell of a lot better.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
FO4 looks great, what do you mean?
Take a couple minutes to walk around and look at the textures and pay careful mindness to the draw distance if you are on console, especially in cities where shadows of entire buildings will just appear out of nowhere when you get within 15 feet of a wall. Its really sad that modders made the game look better after only a few days with the game