What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
What are some awesome pieces of gear you all have found?
I have that powerfist that hits like a truck and has a damage multiplier for consecutive hits.
Got the General Chao's Revenge(renamed to "General Tso's Revenge") sword that does +50% damage to robots.
I have a pipe that does +50% extra damage to mutants(appropriately renamed "Mutant Murdering Mace") with a crippling mod.
I bought the Rocksville Slugger off of Moe(and renamed it "Pre-Marital Sex), that reduces AP cost on VATS and power attacks.
Stabitha Jenkins, a switch blade that does 25 points of additional bleed, which I then modded to be serrated for even more bleed.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
What are some awesome pieces of gear you all have found?
So far my favorite "find" is the ballistic fiber clothing from Tinker Tom in the Railroad HQ. 110 damage and rad resistance? Yes please. Oh, and that's not counting my maxed out Synth Armor? Much yes, very please.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@Eldriken da fuq game are these guys playing?!? I'm up to like Level 24 now, only got to the gates of Diamond City, did what seemed like a Bazilion different things, and other than the BoS spoiler I haven't gotten or seen shit else worth mentioning lol.

E

Eldriken

@Eldriken da fuq game are these guys playing?!? I'm up to like Level 24 now, only got to the gates of Diamond City, did what seemed like a Bazilion different things, and other than the BoS spoiler I haven't gotten or seen shit else worth mentioning lol.
I still haven't made it there.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I still haven't made it there.
I only made it to the front but that's about it. There was a mission I was completing right next to it so I figured I'd finally at least go to it lol. I had been using Spike Armor forever until about level 19 and just recently started customizing individual parts of the armor I've found. Using my upgraded versions of the Sniper Rifle, BoS Rifle, and Hunting Rifle mostly.

Meanwhile I see dudes posting like "yo I'm using the Ultimate Heart Disintegrating AutoAiming Limb Exploding 9000 Damage Legendary Death Rifle" and "nah I didn't find that but I have the Impenetrable Weightless Adamantium Quadruple Damage Resistance Right Arm of Zeus armor". Da fuq?!? :eek:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Is it weird that I almost never use V.A.T.S. ?

Like, It just seems kind of wonky to me and messes with the momentum of the game.

Probably different with guns though.
Yeah I mean with melee builds there isnt much point but with guns it is very useful. I rely on it most of the time, especially against fast enemies lies ghouls or tough enemies that I need crits on.

I suck at shooters though so ill take any crutches I can get lol

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I got caught trying to spring a prisoner from Diamond City...

Then, the Massacre at Diamond City began...

The only ones left are those that couldn't be killed.

Kinda sucks. It was fun running for cover and picking people off, but the Diamond City missions are no longer possible.

I'm nearing level 40.

Zoidberg747

The faction system in this game is really weird because it lets you join all the factions.

Right now I'm the General of the Minutemen, a Brotherhood Knight, The Railroad's go-to guy along with a bunch of other things I became through side quests(Like the Silver Shroud or "General Supervisor" of the Mass Atomics Galleria).

Like I know thats going to bite me in the ass eventually but I would've thought one of the factions would call me out considering they all have conflicting interests lol.

E

Eldriken

The faction system in this game is really weird because it lets you join all the factions.

Right now I'm the General of the Minutemen, a Brotherhood Knight, The Railroad's go-to guy along with a bunch of other things I became through side quests(Like the Silver Shroud or "General Supervisor" of the Mass Atomics Galleria).

Like I know thats going to bite me in the ass eventually but I would've thought one of the factions would call me out considering they all have conflicting interests lol.
I think one of them does. I was reading about it somewhere, but I don't remember the name.

Zoidberg747

I think one of them does. I was reading about it somewhere, but I don't remember the name.
Oh I know which ones are absolutely incompatible(I wont spoil it for those who got that far) but im surprised the other one hasnt already called me out on it. Especially because I had the companion of that faction with me when I joined the other faction that goes against everything the first faction stands for.

Im sorry if that was confusing but im trying real hard not to spoil.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
For anyone rockin a bitch, Piper's got a sick secondary alt on her. Just equip some new gear for her in order to take her trench coat if you want that too. Currently getting matching military fatigues and combat armor for her so we can handle some missions in style. Crafted a sickly pimped out combat shotgun and Institute rifle for Pipe with all the rounds she needs and she's got that Super Sledge too. We bout to roll on some ghouls.

So sad that I can't equip the pompadour wig on Nick, lol.

Last edited:

TOC EdDoughBoy

Jax Bruh
Is it just me or is this game short for a Bethesda game? I just looked it up and I only have 4 more quests (other than the repeating ones) and about 7 more locations. Ive got 28 hours total played and I'm level 48. I hope I'm missing something...

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Is it just me or is this game short for a Bethesda game? I just looked it up and I only have 4 more quests (other than the repeating ones) and about 7 more locations. Ive got 28 hours total played and I'm level 48. I hope I'm missing something...

Out of all the side quests and everything?

I've got around 26 hours in and I'm like 8% done with the game so far.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Which difficulty? It's easy to claim melee is viable in normal.
Very hard, I'm level 42 or something if that makes a difference. Could probably work on survival but I did get lucky with a super sledge drop that increases in damage the more damage I take.

Also anyone else run into the glitch that level 5 big hitter (melee damage perk?) resets the damage bonus to 0 rather than increasing it to 100? Better to stay at 80% as it stands currently.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The main questline is awesome. Only problem is that getting to the glowing sea is a massive pain in the ass with PA being mandatory and having all sorts of bullshit but after that it's super smooth.

Yes, Supersledge +buffout+psycho, makes them kinda trivial. Plus if you can, Ninja plus blitz = one shot any enemy. Melee rules.
If you can, would you or anyone else mind posting a video or something? I havent got the game yet and I want to make a melee character, plus I need the entertainment :p

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
For anyone rockin a bitch, Piper's got a sick secondary alt on her. Just equip some new gear for her in order to take her trench coat if you want that too. Currently getting matching military fatigues and combat armor for her so we can handle some missions in style. Crafted a sickly pimped out combat shotgun and Institute rifle for Pipe with all the rounds she needs and she's got that Super Sledge too. We bout to roll on some ghouls.

So sad that I can't equip the pompadour wig on Nick, lol.

I don't use Piper but I put her in Darla's sequined dress so she can walk around my settlement looking fab.

I was thinking about having my companion match me too. I put McCready in a dress for a while because it was hilarious but I think once I get Dr. Curie a body i'll probably try to clothe her similarly.

Not man nor mutant can stand in the way of two women in pretty clothes.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
I don't use Piper but I put her in Darla's sequined dress so she can walk around my settlement looking fab.

I was thinking about having my companion match me too. I put McCready in a dress for a while because it was hilarious but I think once I get Dr. Curie a body i'll probably try to clothe her similarly.

Not man nor mutant can stand in the way of two women in pretty clothes.
What did you mean by the Curie thing? Is that real? I hate the HandyMan design.