What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Can someone tell me what is Diamond City without spoiling too much? Is it like the first "big city" you reach in the game?

I've got so many things to do I'm not sure when I can make it there lol. Is it worth it to go sooner or can it wait?

Can someone tell me what is Diamond City without spoiling too much? Is it like the first "big city" you reach in the game?

I've got so many things to do I'm not sure when I can make it there lol. Is it worth it to go sooner or can it wait?
you'd had the game for how long and still haven't been? please go lol. it's a major city, has the radio station, minutemen faction, etc.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Just an FYI, if you plan to record gameplay, don't turn off the radio and don't go near turned on radios. I was prevented from uploading and monetizing 2 vids because it picked up copyrighted songs from the pipboy radio.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
This is one of the best buildings I've explored, hopefully it's not blocked in the US, I removed all copyrighted songs and hopefully it'll fix that.
@Rickyraws
Ah the Med-Tek building! I loved that place! Bumped into like 3-4 legendaries and got blindsided by a Legendary Reaver while at low health, then had a stand off with a higher leveled glowing one for the finale. The level design can be used very advantageously. While there are holes that the ghouls can drop in from and surprise you, bottle necking, stair case footsie a and shotguns worked effectively.

PSA: Guys if you're playing this game and enjoying it, you owe it to yourself to play it on Survival. I'm level 14 and having a blast, and can't see me playing a lower difficulty. You get the entire, complete Fallout 4 experience, and find yourself encouraged to utilize systems and mechanics the game has laid out, but that you otherwise wouldn't have considered with non Survival's ease. And if your aim is on point like myself and other shooter aficionados, ammo scarcity is really a non issue.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Anyone else leaving all their stuff at the Red Rocket truck stop, is there a safer place I should be keeping my prized possessions?

[I remember losing all my shit after 10 hours of play in a Skyrim "Safe House"]

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ah the Med-Tek building! I loved that place! Bumped into like 3-4 legendaries and got blindsided by a Legendary Reaver while at low health, then had a stand off with a higher leveled glowing one for the finale. The level design can be used very advantageously. While there are holes that the ghouls can drop in from and surprise you, bottle necking, stair case footsie a and shotguns worked effectively.

PSA: Guys if you're playing this game and enjoying it, you owe it to yourself to play it on Survival. I'm level 14 and having a blast, and can't see me playing a lower difficulty. You get the entire, complete Fallout 4 experience, and find yourself encouraged to utilize systems and mechanics the game has laid out, but that you otherwise wouldn't have considered with non Survival's ease. And if your aim is on point like myself and other shooter aficionados, ammo scarcity is really a non issue.
I really liked the lvl design of this building and the one with of the BOS distress signal military office, they were expertly designed.

The AI is generally much improved, I was shooting at a legendary super mutant butcher up in a satelite area thingy very far away and suddenly one with a dog comes after me.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Also I didn't realize the ghouls had a player execution animation. That's awesome. Ghouls in this game are much more enjoyable an enemy. I sniped a sleeping ghoul at some police station only to awaken like 9 more, and had to high tail it up a mountain of cars Dead Rising style. I didn't scout a vantage point or escape route like I usually did, so finding the cars was a godsend.

I've aggro'd ghouls, ran away, closed the door behind me, laced the ground with mines, then snuck around to flank behind them as they trigger the explosives, to take out any survivors. You can't just back pedal all the time like in FO3 either cause they leap and throw themselves at you like a desperate, middle-aged suburban woman.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Also I didn't realize the ghouls had a player execution animation. That's awesome. Ghouls in this game are much more enjoyable an enemy. I sniped a sleeping ghoul at some police station only to awaken like 9 more, and had to high tail it up a mountain of cars Dead Rising style. I didn't scout a vantage point or escape route like I usually did, so finding the cars was a godsend.

I've aggro'd ghouls, ran away, closed the door behind me, laced the ground with mines, then snuck around to flank behind them as they trigger the explosives, to take out any survivors. You can't just back pedal all the time like in FO3 either cause they leap and throw themselves at you like a desperate, middle-aged suburban woman.
You can still avoid radscorpion and super mutant melee attacks by jumping backwards, they can never hit you.

Nick Valentine is the only character I've cared about so far in this game. He's pretty badass, so props to Beth for that.

I REALLY like the Radiation storms as well. The change in atmosphere is fucking awesome, I wish there was twisters and shit and not just lightning in the distance but it's still pretty neat. Also SPOILER for anyone who hasn't been here yet but if you find the Glowing Sea bring TONS of Rad-X/Radaway/Fusion Cores and your PA because you're going to need it.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Not yet. Is there a specific place you can find some early on in the game?
I hit up the doctor at that overly-friendly to the point of shady settlement in the South-East. The one where they make you take a test to get into.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Hell naw, melee is already tough as tits as is, i've had to trial and error my way out of a number of scenarios already(it's fun though so no complaints), and you have to make sure you're crafting a good amount of buffs and health items(especially for me, since I barely have any real armor equipped), and you have make time and safety to cannibalize people if you're fighting humans so you can last longer.

Well, sometimes you can just walk in with your dick swinging and slap fuckers for free...

...but 90% of the time you have to think things through and have real strategy.

Last edited:

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
Put about 13 hours in, game is sick.focusing on stealth, send it followers away be a real wastelanders u wussmen. The missions u get from the 2 bars in diamond city are sick, take it all from the drug deal, £££

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
This is pretty much the only thread I've read on TYM for the past couple days lol, and I only read it at work since I can't play.

Who has it on PC that I don't already have on steam that I can add? :)

The Highlander

There can be only one
Ive managed to get so much radiation that I only have about 40% max health now.

Anyone know any doctors that arent in Diamond City? Or do I just have to make it there now?
Yea theres a pond (walden pond?) a little ways away south of the small farm that's immediately south of sanctuary. A doctor kinda lingers around there.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This is pretty much the only thread I've read on TYM for the past couple days lol, and I only read it at work since I can't play.

Who has it on PC that I don't already have on steam that I can add? :)
Qwark28.