What's new

Expressing Disappointment

AlexKidd

Noob
I will not comment futher, I will repeat the two final things:

1) I stop taking this game seriously, it's not worth it. I stop getting frustrated about it just because NRS decided to mess up the game so bad, and I am not talking about the online. I have also mentioned other stuff that apparently most people overlook. Now, like how I play The Joker, whether I lose or win I will always laugh!!! Hahahahahaha.....hey, wanna know how I got these scars?

2) One must keep his opinions to himself and never share on the internet. Valuable lesson right there folks.

(If some of you were having a bad day and you found my original post incredibly amusing to read.....I hope I made your day, I really do. You know what is fun? Just happened few mins ago, meeting the same guy 3 times, and he ragequited all 3 times cause he was getting his a** handed to him. Ahhhh, aren't online games fun???)

I agree with him on Star Labs, it is seriously the worst thing ever introduced into a video game. It is so tedious to 3 star everything. I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a screwdriver then ever do them again. Whoever is responsible for them deserves a stern talking to!

Anyways Alex, sorry that you don't like the game too much. Maybe you should take some time off until the new patch? There is no reason to play something you don't enjoy, if you feel like this game is the worst thing ever created then promptly snap the disc in two and move on. If you want a great fighting game that takes skill and makes rivers run red with the blood of bad players then I would suggest picking up Virtua Fighter 5!

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
AlexKidd: Are you on PSN, if so I am trully willing to help you get better and get past this zoning bump in the road for you. It took me a while myself, and I main HG.

I won't insult you nor will I criticise you for voicing your opinion of the game, there does exist issues within the game and no game is perfect, especially FGs.

I think your main problem may be your understanding of the game, I am willing to bet that since you yourself are DC fan, you only use those characters you read about or watch in films, I did the exact same, I started with Harley & Catwoman and realized I absoultely suck balls using them even though they are two of my most favorite characters in DC. I found Batman boring, because well he is all I used when I played the Demo and Supes is just a character that never intrested me in the DC universe, except when I was like 6 years old(I'm 31 now). Its hard to find a main, you have to play every single character in the game and think outside the box. You yourself may absolutely hate Killer Frost as a DC character, but you might find that when you use her she is insanely good and fun to play and fits your style really well. I know my main isn't an old fan favorite of mine. Also if paticular characters' zoning is pissing you off, then you have a very good training and practice environment that will trully help you find a way around those issues. Research is great and reading how others deal with the problems your having is great, but you have to put in the time to make those strategies fit in with your style of play.

As for you claiming not be a csasuel and being a comeptetive player, so be it, but your online W/L record means nothing to many who play of the higher level, I am a comeptetive player and you don't even wanna see my record or my level in the game. These things don't show your skill and what you are capable of, if one really wants they can easily cheat the game's system to allow them to level up faster and unlock all the unlockables in the game.

With all that I have said I hope you didn't find anything offensive at all I am going to leave you with some things that helped me learn and get better at the game.

Play through Story Mode again and see which character(s) you seem to catch on the easiest.
Learn the character's moves and learn how to understand when and when not to use them.
Play the the classic battle section a few times on a low difficulty to get a feel for the game's mechanics.
Use very hard to better practice blocking and punishing, thats what that mode is good for.
Find an offline group to play with, this will make you get better and better.

You have to be willing to get better and try, you cannot just simply give up and say the game is trash. In all honesty I was just like you not that long ago and now I am almost confident to start entering in more tournaments. When you face an opponent that spams the same moves all day long and you get frustrated and quite, that is playing by a set of rules you had established yourself. I use to do the same, I use be nice when I play and try not to spam if I saw my opponent was having trouble with it and felt I was being unfair and outright mean. Then my wife saw this behavior and slapped me in the back of the head and told me one sentence that changed it all for me and that was "If you wanna get good at this and compete you have to play like an ASSHOLE, because thats how they are gonna play." She is such a good woman!!!

If you want some help hit me up anytime The-Spore666

AlexKidd Do yourself a favor and forget about the game until the next balance patch. If the next balance patch turns out to be a joke, forget about it again until the next balance patch. Then when the next patch comes out, if it's a joke, forget about the game until the next balance patch. Then, if the next balance patch is a joke, forget about the game until the next balance patch. Then when all balance patches are done, drop the game and put it on your shelf to collect dust next to MK9.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
...Gameplay. Awful. Let's say I forget everything I said so far, and if I have one gripe....why the hell does a ->fighting game<- encourage keepaway and zoning? ...
Because... no, you're right, the f*ck it up.
Born in 1993, I missed most of that. However, when I play a fighting game, I expect to see some fighting....not full screen projectiles...
Preach it my friend.

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
@OP LOL..Born in 1993, so I was born in 1970! As old as I am I can still play fighting games and do OK. Quit cher bitchin and learn to play man! Seriously! Go to forums, and strat pages. Practice in the lab. Close this thread Please!

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
@OP LOL..Born in 1993, so I was born in 1970! As old as I am I can still play fighting games and do OK. Quit cher bitchin and learn to play man! Seriously! Go to forums, and strat pages. Practice in the lab. Close this thread Please!
Damn I don't feel so old any more, with a name like Grave Intent, I sending you a request gotta see if I can cheat death.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
See, threads like this stay open. But oh boy if you make a humorous thread, INSTACLOSED.
And everyone wonders why the tym community whines so much. Yeah if they let every new member make a thread why they dont like the game for some bullshit reasons.
Pisses me off

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
It's cool guys, I learnt my "lesson". Keep my opinions to myself, that is todays' lesson.

It's not about your opinion, it's about your mentality. Your post doesn't suggest that you're here to learn and ask for help, it just tells us that you're already admitting defeat and you're just bashing the game.

Instead of saying things like 'X and Y are OP', you could instead search up the character forums and looks for / ask for help with certain matchups.

You just express yourself in a more positive manner.

- Terrible netcode. Sometimes I have to wait so long to find a match in Player Match 1v1 or Ranked, that I open YouTube or check Facebook or whatever. When I do find a match, it's either laggy, I lose connection, or the person ragequits. Out of every 10 games, I end up playing 4 of them.

- STAR Labs. Whoever thought they were fun to do, I wanna high five them....with a chair in their face. Tedious, frustrating, uninteresting, out of place. I could go on. And what do you get? A skin for Luthor. Seriously? Not like we could unlock Zod or Martian, nooooo those are DLC which we have to pay for. Not like you could have put the Blackest Night or Red Son or one of the dozens of skin packs as reward, nooooo we got to pay for them. And if you get all 3 you get a skin for Flash. Yay.

- Injustice app. Somewhere here goes the Injustice App, which is available only to those who have iOS. I don't have any Apple device, so I have to miss on the Batman Beyond outfit. Because you know, I paid for the game but If I don't have an iPad or iPhone or whatever I miss on content. That's totally fair, more companies should do that. I applaud NRS for that choice and you know what's funny, even if I don't have an iOS device, I still get the little "download the Injustice app now!" advertisement on the top of the screen....how nice.

- Offline mode. Nope, just nope. You go to hard difficulty and that's it. Psychic mode is on, the AI reads your movements and finds a way to counter them, essentially making the game unplayable. Also, what is with the guaranteed clash in the second health bar? You get two hits in, the AI will clash. Every.Single.Time.
I strongly agree with all of this, especially the bolded parts. I have no apple products, but I really like Batman Beyond. I really hate NRS for doing this and giving the iOS skins to WiiU only. I get it, we have had a bunch more skins on 360/PS3 for a while, but I didn't like any of them. At all. They still haven't released Batman Beyond and I'm towards the end of my time with the game. Horrible choices. I know it was to keep people playing for longer, but it's just making me angry.

I guess OP wants to like this game, but he's just not enjoying it and ignoring others advice.

Go in the lab, and figure out how to stop Superman's lasers, Lantern's rockets, Grundy's walking corpse, etc. Improve on your game, ask people for help when your lost, and play some of the guys here.

Star Labs, and the iOS app both sucked. I can't speak for battles because I mainly go to Training or Ranked or KOTH/Survivor.

MK_Al

Noob
- STAR Labs. Whoever thought they were fun to do, I wanna high five them....with a chair in their face. Tedious, frustrating, uninteresting, out of place. I could go on. And what do you get? A skin for Luthor. Seriously? Not like we could unlock Zod or Martian, nooooo those are DLC which we have to pay for. Not like you could have put the Blackest Night or Red Son or one of the dozens of skin packs as reward, nooooo we got to pay for them. And if you get all 3 you get a skin for Flash. Yay.

- Injustice app. Somewhere here goes the Injustice App, which is available only to those who have iOS. I don't have any Apple device, so I have to miss on the Batman Beyond outfit. Because you know, I paid for the game but If I don't have an iPad or iPhone or whatever I miss on content. That's totally fair, more companies should do that. I applaud NRS for that choice and you know what's funny, even if I don't have an iOS device, I still get the little "download the Injustice app now!" advertisement on the top of the screen....how nice.

- Offline mode. Nope, just nope. You go to hard difficulty and that's it. Psychic mode is on, the AI reads your movements and finds a way to counter them, essentially making the game unplayable. Also, what is with the guaranteed clash in the second health bar? You get two hits in, the AI will clash. Every.Single.Time.

I completely agree so far. Well, I can't judge on the netcode, since I don't play online. The AI is just horrible. I really don't know what NRS was thinking when programming this. Instead of giving the AI decent combos, you have to deal with this stupid evasion nonsense, spacing only an AI can do, and failed clashes because the AI just drops the combo when you try to clash it, and so on.
MK's AI seemed lightyears better to me.

- Balance. Just terrible. Superman is way too overpowered, Grundy is way too overpowered.....Green Lantern is the best zoning character, Aquaman will do down 2, down 2, down 2.. Meanwhile, I have to stragle to play with The Flash, Joker, Luthor etc. Great job on that one. I see the same 4-5 characters all the time, I use Ares, Flash, Joker, Luthor and I get destroyed many times because Superman will cancel in a frozen breath from the two random hits he got in, leading to a 35+ damage combo and then full screen lasers. Isn't that fun???
I kind of agree with the balancing issue. Right now I feel like there are ~5 top tier characters, and the rest of the cast struggles really hard when playing them. But to be fair, thats the problem with every fighting game I've played so far. And I give NRS credit for trying hard to improve the overall balance with the patches (and I agree on 90% of these patches so far).
The interactables are actually really fun once you manage to pay more attention to the stages you play on. They can also really change the matchup, so learn to use them in your favour.
And the gameplay is ok to me. I don't mind the zoning to much, since there are ways around it. Thogh I have to admit that I sometimes get really annoyed when people never stop from running. Nightwing stops that problem.

Dark_Rob

Noob
The AI for both MK and Injustice are both pretty dumb. I once beat Boss Superman on the hardest setting doing nothing but B13,close rockets with Green Lantern over and over again. I laughed pretty hard. I guess if the AI has no meter to push block it just doesn't know what else to do lol.

And the MK AI was a joke to. You didn't even have to think to beat it. I could be on the phone with Stephen Hawking trying to solve the secrets of the universe while playing the hardest setting on the AI and still never lose a round. And that doesn't make me a good player, it just means the AI is really bad.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yes to everything, no to this.
Grundy is mid to low tier. Green Lantern is not the best zoning character, if all you see is down 2 down is it means you're just jumping like a moron all the time. The flash is top 5 in the game, joker has some dirty oki setups that I'm 100% sure you're not using, Luthor is hard to use but if you actually know what you're doing it's not that bad (see UnsilentAlarm/Rev0lver gameplay).
It seems you have a hard time adapting to supman, yes it's ridiculous, but you're bitching about the combo and not the real issue here.

Injustice is an Ez Mode game, really aimed at casuals players (doesn't require a lot of brain, you can win doing gimmicky shit (dat hawkgirl mace charge cossner tech), interactables, 30% life back clash system, etc etc), not nearly as polishes as MK9 was. But it is what we have until the next game comes out. Sry.

Also if it's laggy, it's probably because you're on youtube watching videos.
Nice.

Except Grundy isn't low tier and casuals don't go as deep as understanding the games mechanics.

joker doesnt have oki setups outside the corner