What's new

Expressing Disappointment

AlexKidd

Noob
I think you feel like I'm saying it as an insult, but I'm not. There's nothing wrong with being casual. Right now I would consider myself slightly above "Advanced Casual", because that's all I have the time to be; but I'm fine with that. All it means is that I'm not training the game at a level where I'm trying to become one of the best players of my character in the game.

It doesn't stop me from beating some guys that have scenes, regularly play in tournament or whatever. It just means that I'm not going to become the next Pig of the Hut unless I start taking it much more seriously as a player and dedicate a lot more study/practice time.
Casual Player is not necesarrily an insult and I am playing other games besides Injustice. I just had to mention my gripes on this game, that's all. I am not going against the community or anything, but maybe I don't think the game is as fun as it should be for someone who liked DC and fighting games.

Reborn

Noob
You need to pick your favorite character and hit up training mode. Learn the ins and outs of that character (combos, setups, dirt, ect). I play Catwoman (she has no projectiles) and have to deal with a lot of zoning which really is a pain and her weak point. You have to be patient. Block and dash forward to close the gap (or if you are a zoner, you can try and couter-zone). If you are smart and utilize your character's tools, 90% of the people online will not be a problem. If a certain character spams something you cannot beat, go to training mode and record the dummy to do the move and find a counter. There is a lot of cheap stuff and a lot of lame stuff in this game, but nothing is unbeatable.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
There's nothing wrong with being casual.
I stopped reading here. Lolwut? On this forum, and in the community in general, "casual" equals almost "retard". You're right that it's not actually an insult, but don't dismiss it's hidden meaning in the FGC. Almost ANYTIME a new member comes in and addresses things like the OP, which are known not to actually be too related to professional FG gaming, he's called a casual and an attitude is taken towards him like "first learn what the game really is, than go to tournament, than take a place, than etc.". See Afoxygranpa's post just above.
Not saying it's always like this, but almost always.

Mundane post. Everyone on TYM already knows the game is garbage, we just would rather enjoy being in denial about the fact that the game is garbage. We come up with "new tech" AKA glitches and bugs and are eagerly waiting for the clusterfuck that is the next balance patch. Stop pissing on our parade damn it. the game is "evolving" and "will get better".

All communities suffer some level of elitism. The competitive players, especially around here, tend to be some of the most elitist around. However, Casual is not inherently bad, and the competitive players need to wise up and realize that without a casual market the games wouldn't exist.

AlexKidd

Noob
You know what.

I don't know about all the Elitist stuff you guys are talking about, I simply found the solution to everything. The game is so ridiculous, that I will stop taking it seriously. Like, right now I am playing The Joker, I will get in his mentality. The game is so ridiculous, it's not even worth it getting it seriously or getting frustated.

Right now. On PS3, a guy picks Superman, I pick The Joker. Stage is Fortress of Solitude, he jumps for the interactible, I hit him, I get the upper hand. Halfway through his first bar, he ragequits. Isn't that just great? Now, I will always be smiling!!

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Only things I will agree with, star labs was a waste of time, ios I didn't even play, they could have just sold the costume packs made a profit and made even more costume packs in the time it took to make those missions/games. Balance is not great at the moment but we still likely have 2 or 3 more patches before were done.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
You know what.

I don't know about all the Elitist stuff you guys are talking about, I simply found the solution to everything. The game is so ridiculous, that I will stop taking it seriously. Like, right now I am playing The Joker, I will get in his mentality. The game is so ridiculous, it's not even worth it getting it seriously or getting frustated.

Right now. On PS3, a guy picks Superman, I pick The Joker. Stage is Fortress of Solitude, he jumps for the interactible, I hit him, I get the upper hand. Halfway through his first bar, he ragequits. Isn't that just great? Now, I will always be smiling!!
Do they still get wins for ragequitting?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I stopped reading here. Lolwut? On this forum, and in the community in general, "casual" equals almost "retard". You're right that it's not actually an insult, but don't dismiss it's hidden meaning in the FGC. Almost ANYTIME a new member comes in and addresses things like the OP, which are known not to actually be too related to professional FG gaming, he's called a casual and an attitude is taken towards him like "first learn what the game really is, than go to tournament, than take a place, than etc.". See Afoxygranpa's post just above.
Not saying it's always like this, but almost always.
People aren't saying that simply because he's a casual player. If I had to expand on that statement, it'd go something like this:

"There's nothing wrong with being a casual player as long as you accept it and don't try to criticize aspects of the game that are beyond your level of understanding".

So f0xy isn't trying to insult anyone; he's just saying it's not too useful to criticize higher-level aspects of games (like balance) unless you understand the considerations those games are balanced for.

It's the "I don't understand or prefer it so it sucks" mentatlity that draws the ire of serious players. But there are plenty of casual players who just play the game and enjoy themselves without crying, and that's perfectly fine.

Only thing I agree on is scorpion should have been the stand-alone dlc( shouldn't be in the game to begin with) and mmh should have been in the season pass. I agree with this 100%.

If you're coming from a Tekken background, it makes perfect sense that you may not enjoy this game or find it weird. However that does not mean that the game is broken or garbage. You just need to learn the mechanics and adapt to them. Making a thread like this is like begging for all the FGC elitists to come here and call you a retard.

Also complaining about extra modes and features like the STAR Labs, the Injustice app etc. is stupid. Shall I remind you that Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, KOF and most other FG's are having non-existent SP content.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
People aren't saying that simply because he's a casual player. If I had to expand on that statement, it'd go something like this:

"There's nothing wrong with being a casual player as long as you accept it and don't try to criticize aspects of the game that are beyond your level of understanding".

So f0xy isn't trying to insult anyone; he's just saying it's not too useful to criticize higher-level aspects of games (like balance) unless you understand the considerations those games are balanced for.

It's the "I don't understand or prefer it so it sucks" mentatlity that draws the ire of serious players. But there are plenty of casual players who just play the game and enjoy themselves without crying, and that's perfectly fine.
Don't you think a person who points out the faults of a game can actually be taken seriously? And like treated at least as one with opinion?

What did you expect? You're whining and complaining about a game in which people come to this forum for. There's only one constructive reply needed: If you don't like the game, don't play it. It's as simple as that.
I think a better reply would be practice and try to get better.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Don't you think a person who points out the faults of a game can actually be taken seriously? And like treated at least as one with opinion?
You don't really know the true faults of a game until you're at a level where you can see the game for what it is.

Saying "Grundy is OP" doesn't make it true.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
You don't really know the true faults of a game until you're at a level where you can see the game for what it is.

Saying "Grundy is OP" doesn't make it true.
He told you what the game is: a game with bad netcode, bad balance, bad rewards, bad content and bad gameplay experience overall. So, you're saying to the guy: "Hey guy, play this game with bad netcode, bad balance, bad rewards, bad content and bad gameplay experience overall for a few more month and you MIGHT get what's it all about". Don't you find it funny?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
He told you what the game is: a game with bad netcode, bad balance, bad rewards, bad content and bad gameplay experience overall. So, you're saying to the guy: "Hey guy, play this game with bad netcode, bad balance, bad rewards, bad content and bad gameplay experience overall for a few more month and you MIGHT get what's it all about". Don't you find it funny?
What if someone else thinks it has good netcode, good content, good balance and a good gameplay experience overall. Then by your logic, that person is also 100% right just because they expressed an opinion. Do you find that funny

Reborn

Noob
It's cool guys, I learnt my "lesson". Keep my opinions to myself, that is todays' lesson.
No, it is that you do not understand the game.

experience =/= knowledge

If you don't understand the game, you will not have a fun time.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
What if someone else thinks it has good content, good balance and a good gameplay experience overall. Then by your logic, that person is also 100% right. Do you find that funny
Than it's just another opinion. And another elitist post above.
EDIT: 2 of them already. But are these players really elite?
EDIT2: But are these "members" really elite?