What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Well, this is just my observation:

1) Ermac is faster/quicker in this game then in 9
2) His TK powers seem to have more range.

3) Ermac has a fast low starter B3 (12 frame startup -3 on block iirc) that can be combo'ed into a hard knockdown for 17% B3 21

4) Ermac now has an overhead F4 that you can use to combo off of.

Honestly? I started with Master of Souls, his best strings seem to be B3 21, 222 (its a a high, but has 10 frame startup and is -8) 222 can also combo into most of his specials if not all of them.

Check the combo thread for some examples of what you can do with different variations. So far the most unexplored one is Spectral.

Like, variation?
i have tried the variations but he still feels slow, in MK9 his moves felt much faster, the first variation i used was Spectral, i have a feeling that is one of the more difficult variations to understand, i read that Mystic is most similar to how he played in MK9

Well, this is just my observation:

1) Ermac is faster/quicker in this game then in 9
2) His TK powers seem to have more range.

3) Ermac has a fast low starter B3 (12 frame startup -3 on block iirc) that can be combo'ed into a hard knockdown for 17% B3 21

4) Ermac now has an overhead F4 that you can use to combo off of.

Honestly? I started with Master of Souls, his best strings seem to be B3 21, 222 (its a a high, but has 10 frame startup and is -8) 222 can also combo into most of his specials if not all of them.

Check the combo thread for some examples of what you can do with different variations. So far the most unexplored one is Spectral.
he felt slower but i must be missing quite a lot

Hitoshura

Head Cage
i have tried the variations but he still feels slow, in MK9 his moves felt much faster, the first variation i used was Spectral, i have a feeling that is one of the more difficult variations to understand, i read that Mystic is most similar to how he played in MK9
It is. Zoning is weird in this game. A lot of it is unsafe, except for a few characters. I'd say play Mystic to get a feel on how the game works then go to Master of Souls. MoS has a nice vortex @zaf discovered.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Mystic feels a bit weird in MKX. Its probably suitable against heavy rushdown characters who cannot punish a TKP on block. MoS feels the most reliable atm cause of the vortex, since Ermac has really good normals in this game. They have good range and are relatively safe. Vanish is OP if used correctly.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Any tips on the cassie Cage MU? felt like i was playing a uphill battle. Her d1 made f4 whiff on multiple occasions and nut punch was out of f4 range. This Mu is hella rough for Ermac and porobably one of his, if not his worst MU ive played so far.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Just got done playing extended matches against my buddy. He used Erron Black & Sub Zero and completely ran through me. I'm still playing this game like I would 9, and haven't gotten the experience with Ermac to do stuff on reaction. I'd block a slide and immediately do B2 because I'm so used to doing that with Smoke -_-;;

Plus I only have 4 combo openers. 222. F2 D1 2, B3 21 and F3 2 which doesn't help. I literally ate nothing but low high mixups and got bum rushed each time. I clearly have no idea how to play MKX yet lol. I'll try and find a way to post a couple of the matches, maybe someone here can give me some pointers.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
One thing i can say about thos ermac and those matchups os that ermac has tools to fuck your mind up. Im not saying rushdown, but use his overheads and lows.abuse thr hell out of thrm when they dont have meter, and when they start getting meter (mystic) mb push and take that meter.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Just got done playing extended matches against my buddy. He used Erron Black & Sub Zero and completely ran through me. I'm still playing this game like I would 9, and haven't gotten the experience with Ermac to do stuff on reaction. I'd block a slide and immediately do B2 because I'm so used to doing that with Smoke -_-;;

Plus I only have 4 combo openers. 222. F2 D1 2, B3 21 and F3 2 which doesn't help. I literally ate nothing but low high mixups and got bum rushed each time. I clearly have no idea how to play MKX yet lol. I'll try and find a way to post a couple of the matches, maybe someone here can give me some pointers.
Dont forget he have armor. Force blast them or push them away. Im assuming that mbforce push would essentially give u the life back that you lose from being hit. Can we get a confirm on how much it actually gives back? Uss your armor! Those tools work!

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
One thing I noticed. MB Push does drain their meter but they still get meter from being hit with it. Seems kind of a letdown coming from Cyrax and Quan who could burn your meter up completely.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Dont forget he have armor. Force blast them or push them away. Im assuming that mbforce push would essentially give u the life back that you lose from being hit. Can we get a confirm on how much it actually gives back? Uss your armor! Those tools work!
MB push gives 2% health back, and takes anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 a bar of meter

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
So I was tinkering in the lab and just noticed that you can grab Ermac after he's disappeared. Not on the start up, but once he's actually off the screen....That's terrible.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
So I played a FT5 with someone from the Facebook page I run trying to put to use some of the stuff I've been working on. Haven't really played online much because the few experiences I've had were um....not very good. Anyway, this is a horrible display, but if you guys could give me some pointers I'd appreciate it. Sorry about the quality, I was trying to use PS Share....next time i'll just leave my LGP in.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Any tips on the cassie Cage MU? felt like i was playing a uphill battle. Her d1 made f4 whiff on multiple occasions and nut punch was out of f4 range. This Mu is hella rough for Ermac and porobably one of his, if not his worst MU ive played so far.
Abuse the hell out of d3. You can stop her b1 in her tracks with correct spacing with d3. Also d3xforce blast is really good at sweep range, making it not possible to punish. MoS is the best varation to win against hollywood and brawler cassie. Mystic is best suited for spec ops cassie. Also you have to make her respect your mix ups. One more thing, if you anticipate she will ex cart wheell you can simply jump towards her and punish her with a full combo. Cart wheel has shitty active frames against well timed jump ins.

@zaf, @KamikazeJD, it seems that Ermac can combo after an ex TKP in the corner. Check it out.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Abuse the hell out of d3. You can stop her b1 in her tracks with correct spacing with d3. Also d3xforce blast is really good at sweep range, making it not possible to punish. MoS is the best varation to win against hollywood and brawler cassie. Mystic is best suited for spec ops cassie. Also you have to make her respect your mix ups. One more thing, if you anticipate she will ex cart wheell you can simply jump towards her and punish her with a full combo. Cart wheel has shitty active frames against well timed jump ins.

@zaf, @KamikazeJD, it seems that Ermac can combo after an ex TKP in the corner. Check it out.
Thanks Metzos! I did a lot of what you said in the match and was still really hard MU. I did not know about the Ex Cartwheel though, and didnt realize about Force until after the matches so i will defineitly use that more. As for the Ex TKP corner Combos, you come up with anything with decent damage?

CliffP

Noob
Block.

His armored wakeup is ex soul blast, but it's far from safe. I don't think any character have safe wakeup options.
Plenty of EX versions make moves mostly safe on wakeup. And blocking really isn't effective on wakeup in this game.

@lostwin1
Ex teleport is good for Ermac if you see them pressuring.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap

Whoaaaa are u serious??? Time to lab. Extkp might b really nice then... Unless it scales the fuck outta damage.

Nyaa

Let's fighting love
I was horribly wrong, ex soul burst is only -4 on block. I guess that would make it an okey safe wakeup option because of the armor, but it's a high so a lot of moves can evade it.

Ex teleport is, however, unsafe on block, but gives full combo in midscreen as well for 37% with MoS.

@CliffP blocking on wakeup is good in any game.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Thanks Metzos! I did a lot of what you said in the match and was still really hard MU. I did not know about the Ex Cartwheel though, and didnt realize about Force until after the matches so i will defineitly use that more. As for the Ex TKP corner Combos, you come up with anything with decent damage?
Yeah you need to practice spacing with d3's not just throw it around. Try and d3xxforce blast outside of poke range. That way you are at sweep range and you can check cassie from there. No i havent found anything decent atm. I ll let you guys know if i find anything. I dont own a console atm so i mostly try stuff and play matches when i go to GDA.

CliffP

Noob
I was horribly wrong, ex soul burst is only -4 on block. I guess that would make it an okey safe wakeup option because of the armor, but it's a high so a lot of moves can evade it.

Ex teleport is, however, unsafe on block, but gives full combo in midscreen as well for 37% with MoS.

@CliffP blocking on wakeup is good in any game.
All the good rushdown characters in this game are 50/50 on block.

If you have backdash, EX, or a priority move, blocking is the wrong option in pressure.