What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Nyaa

Let's fighting love
Ex teleport on wakeup have armor, but not from standing. Ex soul burst have armor regardless and is safe on block.

For ex teleport it's important it's actually a wakeup reversal and not done after waking up but during. This is made easy by just holding A/B+block after inputting DB while knocked down. It seems like the reversal window for this is like 10 frames, which is pretty huge.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Ex teleport on wakeup have armor, but not from standing. Ex soul burst have armor regardless and is safe on block.
I did EX tp when I was on the ground but I still got hit out of it. Same with soul burst. :/

For ex teleport it's important it's actually a wakeup reversal and not done after waking up but during. This is made easy by just holding A/B+block after inputting DB while knocked down. It seems like the reversal window for this is like 10 frames, which is pretty huge.
A/B? You mean 3 or 4 on Xbox controller?

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Okay I'm leaning towards maining Ermac but am having trouble deciding what variation is best for me. Can you guys or someone give me the pros/cons of MasterOfSouls and Mystic since those seem to be the ones for me to choose from. As for my play style I like to be able to zone when necessary but mainly get in, mix folks up and execute some dope damaging combos. I was a main Green Lantern player in Injustice if that helps..feel like Ermac is a bit like GL. Help, suggestions and opinions pleas..or does Ermac even sound like the character for me to be getting into??

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Okay I'm leaning towards maining Ermac but am having trouble deciding what variation is best for me. Can you guys or someone give me the pros/cons of MasterOfSouls and Mystic since those seem to be the ones for me to choose from. As for my play style I like to be able to zone when necessary but mainly get in, mix folks up and execute some dope damaging combos. I was a main Green Lantern player in Injustice if that helps..feel like Ermac is a bit like GL. Help, suggestions and opinions pleas..or does Ermac even sound like the character for me to be getting into??
MoS. You have a vortex, high damage and nobody would dare to trade fireballs with you since your soul ball can give you a 33% meterless combo and your vanish move (the Wowow) is great for mind game pressure and to make opponents whif

Mystic feels very MK9ish so it's alluring (I started with Mystic because of that) but IMO, MoS is superior

Whaaaaat.

Nice find, I always wondered if something was wrong with his flight. So, I actually can't use my controller to play him in Spectral? Interresting.
Seriously, this game at launch...
You can use him on PC using a pad, just not using the d-pad. You'll have to use the analog stick for Spectral variation.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Are you certain?

http://a.pomf.se/bsckoj.mp4

Ex teleport have like all armored moves 1 armor. This means it can absorb only one hit. Some multi-hitting moves can still hit you out of it.

Yes, I don't know why I wrote A/B.. @_@
hmm Interesting I think I was getting snuffed out because the liu kang player was doing many hits.
Thanks for that!

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Random question, what input from EX Teleport triggers the multi hit follow up? Seems like I can only do it off of air ex teleport and I don't know what I'm pressing that I'm not pressing on the ground.

I play with a hitbox controller that uses a PS360+ PCB, which apparantly uses dpad-motions.
Yeah, the PS360+ does wire up to d-pad inputs. A total blow-up for you there. Hope they patch it soon. I reported it on the High Voltage Facebook as they asked the community to send bug reports there, but who knows how long it'll be or if it'll get noticed amongst the tide of angry posts about netcode and crashes.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
hmm Interesting I think I was getting snuffed out because the liu kang player was doing many hits.
Thanks for that!
@Nyaa im pretty sure its armored on start up but not after youre on the other side of the screen. Because ive bee. Hit out of it when i get to the other side

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
L
You have a question mark next to your first sentence. Are you actually asking me a question about tkl nerf, or are you pissed at me for being a little annoyed that tkl got nerfed? Not sure if that question mark was intentional or just a typo. If you're upset with me I'm still going to use Ermac as one of the few characters I play. I'm just questioning why they took the tkl tech out. It wasn't busted or anything. Off of one string he could get 40% with a jip instead of %36. All his other strings, such as: b3, f4, et cetera would need to burn a bar to take advantage of that tkl tech. So, I see no reason to remove it. That was the only reason I kept using Mystic to be honest. Seeing how force push is unsafe and a terrible zoning/spacing tool and the variation is centered around zoning/spacing .
Lol nah man i just didnt know they fucked ermac at the time... Its good tho. Im still using mystic. I like the options that hang has still

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
MoS. You have a vortex, high damage and nobody would dare to trade fireballs with you since your soul ball can give you a 33% meterless combo and your vanish move (the Wowow) is great for mind game pressure and to make opponents whif

Mystic feels very MK9ish so it's alluring (I started with Mystic because of that) but IMO, MoS is superior
Alright thanks, I'll keep working with him then and keep my eyes here to the Ermac threads

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
So, do you guys have anymore ermac tech that NRS has missed so they can nerf it?? Ive been looking, but i think they may have made ermac better by fucking his damage and meter building. Good thing he's not a leaky boat like cyrax was! Phew! I want a respectable, balanced, low to mid tier character to do mediocre with at tournies. I love playing against safe characters like sub zero and cassie. I mean, i want to earn my gosh darn golly wins!!!!!

FUCKKKKKKKKKKK

Hitoshura

Head Cage
So, do you guys have anymore ermac tech that NRS has missed so they can nerf it?? Ive been looking, but i think they may have made ermac better by fucking his damage and meter building. Good thing he's not a leaky boat like cyrax was! Phew! I want a respectable, balanced, low to mid tier character to do mediocre with at tournies. I love playing against safe characters like sub zero and cassie. I mean, i want to earn my gosh darn golly wins!!!!!

FUCKKKKKKKKKKK
I used to be a character loyalist, but then I played League of Legends for a while. Perspective changer, man.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
@Nyaa
Question; Is there a particular reason why, after I do f21d2, my jump in kick is delayed? Like I can jump immediately after the string but my kick comes out only after the opponent is already too low despite the fact that I'm mashing 4. It's not consistent but most of the time that's what happens. Once in a while it comes out earlier and Im able to follow it with a teleport.

Nyaa

Let's fighting love
@Kindred
I'm guessing you're pressing the kick button too early after jumping. There's a slight delay after jumping where inputs aren't registered. Try practicing jump-in kick with kick coming out as fast as you can without mashing and get a feel for the timing. After a while it becomes second nature.

KNX

Noob
@Nyaa
Question; Is there a particular reason why, after I do f21d2, my jump in kick is delayed? Like I can jump immediately after the string but my kick comes out only after the opponent is already too low despite the fact that I'm mashing 4. It's not consistent but most of the time that's what happens. Once in a while it comes out earlier and Im able to follow it with a teleport.
Do not mash the 4, it's a specific timing, jump forward, very small delay, then 4 xx teleport. Try using 3 instead of 4 it may help with your timing but just practice it. There's no trick, as long as you realise you can't press the jik too soon.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
You know what else bugs the hell outta me??? His b2. What in the hell are we supposed to do with that move?? It's start up really sucks, but it is pretty plus on block it seems like.. It feels like it when i accidently use it in matches anyway. But there seems to be no practical use for it at all

CliffP

Noob
I tried to stay loyal to Mystic, but after last night at Next Level, have to go with MOS.

If anybody caught me on stream playing with LI Joe, I could never get a whole match with Mystic, right when I had it, that 10% damage made a whole world of difference. Also I like the utility of the hang a lot for net play, but it loses effectiveness when playing higher level guys.

With MOS, even though I forgot most of the combos after not playing with it for a week, I was able to get a couple of matches just because I could make the most of the very few openings I got. And vortex is nice of course.

So yeah, MoS seems superior after Week 1. Especially with the hang nerf.

CliffP

Noob
You know what else bugs the hell outta me??? His b2. What in the hell are we supposed to do with that move?? It's start up really sucks, but it is pretty plus on block it seems like.. It feels like it when i accidently use it in matches anyway. But there seems to be no practical use for it at all
I feel like when I use it by accident it hits only because the startup frames move your torso hitbox out of range of a lot of characters BnB starter strings. So there may be something worthy of exploration there.

zaf

professor
Random question, what input from EX Teleport triggers the multi hit follow up? Seems like I can only do it off of air ex teleport and I don't know what I'm pressing that I'm not pressing on the ground.
I seem to get it when I am grounded. If I do it from the air I get a different animation

@Nyaa
What others have said basically. Just practice the timing and dont mash out the kick in the air.
The timing on this game is strict. To me it feels like UMK3/Trilogy timing.
Good thing i played the hell out of that game

So morale of the story dude, practice and patient.

KNX

Noob
I tried to stay loyal to Mystic, but after last night at Next Level, have to go with MOS.

If anybody caught me on stream playing with LI Joe, I could never get a whole match with Mystic, right when I had it, that 10% damage made a whole world of difference. Also I like the utility of the hang a lot for net play, but it loses effectiveness when playing higher level guys.

With MOS, even though I forgot most of the combos after not playing with it for a week, I was able to get a couple of matches just because I could make the most of the very few openings I got. And vortex is nice of course.

So yeah, MoS seems superior after Week 1. Especially with the hang nerf.
I also tried... Mystic is pretty weak right now.

His combo game is just a lot worse. The nerf significantly impacts his damage, meter build and oki as ending combos in Hang now isn't viable... His neutral in Mystic isn't strong enough to make up for those weaknesses... He's done.

MoS isn't insanely strong but its strengths are really, really good. Namely the threat of Soul Ball trade. And the force stand reset.

I've got to go back to the drawing board but it's cool. Thnx NRS