What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Indigoism

Mystic
Yes I have I tested some things yesterday
Take this for example, the gap in between F21 HERE D2.
This gap can be beaten out with armored moves, and opponents can use interactables here as well.
But to avoid this against someone who likes to punish this gap, you can cancel the F21 into Disappear.
Depending on the move, the disappear will make it whiff and you can punish. I've only tested this against ermac and mileena. @Afumba tested this against sub. IMO, this deserves it's own thread.

I think so yea. Smoke bomb worked the same way in MK9

Ermac has really good pokes. His d1 and d3. You would need to be more specific about the problems you are having. One of my training partners uses full auto jacqui. It seems fine as of right now.

1 - front punch
2 - back punch
3 - front kick
4 - back kick
MB - meter burn
EX - enhanced special
Jip/Jp - Jump in punch
jk/jik - jump in kick
NJP/NJK - neutral jump punch or neutral jump kick

Anything else you need to know ?
and how about f and d ?

zaf

professor
Nope that's all I need, thank you! xx means EX right ? for example : jip, f21d2, jikxxTelepunch, 222xxTelelift
No. Ex means Enhaced special move.
xx usually means cancelled into

so Jump kick xx teleport, means cancel the jump kick into the teleport special

Shallow doesnt go as shallow anymore. In mk9 you could damn near hit an opponent in the knees with a jik but you cant in this (unless im mistaken) crossups i think wont work unless its baiting wakeups. With a block button there are no real crossups..

QUESTION
@zaf @Metzos id make the thread myself, but I dunno how it should look but Im wondering if we can start putting together a matchups page. NOT ANY 7-3 bullshit. Fuck that. I mean what to look for, where we can escape or bring pressure etc. Id love to share what I know with some matchups
Dont make a match up thread then. Make a character specifics thread.
Like, for example. Say you are playing against Mileena. You suspect they will armor after their string, so you can vanish to let the roll pass through you. Now the same scenario with D'vorah. They want to armor after a string with the EX rush. You cant vanish here. Well you can, but coming out too early means you get hit. So this would be specifics to match ups.

and how about f and d ?
f - forward
d- down

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I really want to love Ermac in this game but I am clumsy as fuck with him. I thought maybe I'm just not used to the game itself but I can shred with Mileena. I struggle with the floaty nature of his combos.

Can anyone tell me why (in Mysic) I would want to use ex TK lift over the normal one besides damage? I find it much harder to combo off a bounce than a suspended opponent or NJP.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
I meant more so when opponents do cross up 2. I haven't found a way of punishing it outside of just blocking yet

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It's weird, in some ways Ermac is better in MKX. Other ways worse. Meaning, if you want easy combos, MK 9 he is NOT. You have to do running cancels which are a pain to time and take major practice. I'm sure it'll take most a while to adapt though, I know it's normal.

In other ways since he has some armor on certain moves now that helps a bit, which was missing from MK 9 as well as a good or decent overhead which he has now thankfully.

Afumba

Noob
I think ex tk lift is solid in terms of uses. Using it early in combos allows you to extend combos and get 10% free dmg, free meter, time to reposition, options on how to follow up... Even if its basically just one reason it sounds good enough to me.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
I meant more so when opponents do cross up 2. I haven't found a way of punishing it outside of just blocking yet
I think the best way to defend it is either doing an uppercutbob reaction, or d1 antiair or d3. D3 will lower your hitbox so they whiff the move. D1 could catch them, but your safest bet could be to avoid it with d3. Or armor forceball it

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
So I'm in the lab and it could just be I have the CPU set at Kano and doing just jump in kicks & punches; it seems like Ermac's standing 2 is beating a lot of the moves from sweep, shallow jumps. Will continue to test for accuracy. As of now I'm getting 2, 22, lift/push whatever you'd like to do.

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
@Hitoshura
Getting 38% and all the meter is pretty cool.
I just want to know where you guys are getting damage from other then that f21d2 blockstring?
You can't rely on only that string alone to open someone up, especially when he has a 50/50
Off his 50/50, you would need to start hit confirming into teleport to be able to get a decent enough juggle off

B3~teleport d1 Lift = 11% then let them drop for another 10 - 21%
f4~teleport d1 lift = 13% then let them drop for another 10 -23%

Does not seem like it, was just testing this. Needs to be teched.

try to input the j3/j4 and teleport as one smooth input
J3 down back 4

as for blockstrings, there are a lot that can be used right now.
11 is good to use to mix up his 50/50 into
2,22 and 22 for the same as 11
f21d2, f212 are good as well.
but honestly, take a look at the thread I made about his normals and go from there.
boom panes
is 11 to b3 or f4 ideal? is it safe, definitely it can be poked out right? ok man! thanks a lot for the info, getting a really good grasp with mystic right now, anyone here thinks ground slam from levitate should be an otg? ahahaha
oh god how did you know boom panes? ahaha

Nyaa

Let's fighting love
While it can be crouched, I'm finding 222 to be a very useful string to throw out. Very fast startup and 0 on block (according to ingame framedata) and on hit you can cancel into either ex lift, regular lift or bf2 if you're using MoS for combos. This is a really easy confirm and can be done sleeping.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Not only can characters get out of our f21d2 string, but if Ermac players who use the Mystic variation may be upset about this. So, I was at The Arena today with Rapzilla, Classy Sasquatch, Vito DeVito, and DarkRob. Rob and I were playing a few games. I was using Mystic Ermac and he was using Grandmaster Sub-Zero. These are my very first MKX games for the record, so I'm treating this like MK9 in the sense of using force push as a means of controlling space. Apparently force push is -26 on block which is something I knew about, but I feel the need to make it evident with this post. Now Rob was able to punish my force push at max range with Sub-zero's slide and I could not block in time. Ermac is still in recovery. Not so bad, but when you look at it from a distance the appeal of playing Mystic is force push and the changed tele-slam. If a tool we used to use back in MK9 to control space every so often to keep the opponent in check has been altered to the point where anyone with ranged moves, slides, or mobile moves can punish it from max range then Mystic may only be useful against a handful of characters, maybe not even useful at all. Now I know I can just use Force push to punish wiffed normals/special moves, but why would I do that when I can punish with Tele-slam? Comes out just as quick and it's range is about the same, and one can get more damage off of it. I see no point in using force push unless at the end of a combo, but even then we have multiple set ups for ending with Tele-slam that it feels unnecessary now. I feel like MoS is probably going to be his main go to variant. We now have a 50/50 although our overhead is pretty unsafe on block and a vortex. Another thing I noticed is outside of Kano, Quan and possibly Kitana, zoning isn't effective as it should be. It's not because of the run function or anything, but most projectile are unsafe. Arturo was at The Arena as well today and he is now using Takeda. He feels Kenshi isn't good anymore. All of Kenshi's projectiles are punishable except of EX Tele-push. Anyone else notice this? If so, what are your thoughts?

I'm going to give MoS variation a shot to see how I enjoy it. Haven't tinkered with it too much. Also, don't take this post as a rant or anything. I'm just stating the outcome of the night in order to inform the Ermac community of something they all probably know of already.

CliffP

Noob
@Hitoshura
Lol it's like we changed sides.

For the record, I haven't been playing Mystic as a space controller. I didn't play much MK9 and what I did play was with smoke. Which is how I've been playing Ermac, straight footsies, B3 -> Over/Under, whiff punish with tele-hang, and button pressing punish with teleport. TBH I never use Push except combos.

My opinion, the unscaled hang tech evens out the damage disparity between the two, which I figured was one of MoS's main pros. What does it for me - as far as early analysis goes - The unbreakability of the hang has helped me clutch out a few games where I would've been reset to neutral if I was broken with a MoS combo. The Soul Ball is basically the same move as the tele-hang combowise but I can always combo a hang off of a teleport whereas you need the three balls to get that fullscreen punish off(It's fine for combos because the combo is so long that you always get it back so that's not an issue). The 72 frame recover on the soul ball is scary though.

When you play a few with MoS lemme know if you feel the same.

macin

MoS Ermac
Just tried this online and it was a fun way to bait an opponent instead of just doing a normal jip combo. I Jump in and disappear in mid air to bait the aa or upercut or w/e then reappear and start a combo with the free Neutral air punch.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
After playing extensively in training mode with both MOS and Mystic, I'm leaning towards MOS myself. Mystic is nice, lift is far easier to Combo off of then it's meter burn variatio, plus the armor and meter drain on en Push is great. So far though I've gotten more mileage out of Soul Ball and Disappear though that might change.

Afumba

Noob
Sadly i have to agree to what @Hitoshura said on the force push. Subs and Mileenas were stuffing it for me all the time as well with Slide/Roll.
Maybe it can be still a thing for some MUs were the opponent doesnt have that fast advancing moves... At least the Sonya guy i just played made me *dream* ^_^ abit... his arc kick couldnt punish it :)

Hitoshura

Head Cage
The game is still new and I'm sure NRS may fix force push sometime in the future where it may be a little more safer, but there is also a huge possibility they don't change it. MKX seems like a rushdown characters wet dream come to life. As I said a sentence ago, the game is new, but one can already tell if someone is good in this game if they have good normals, good pokes, and safe 50/50's. I'd also list if the character has good damage as well, however, most characters have solid damage. A-list Johnny Cage is silly. With his A-list abilities he can f3, *run cancel* f3, *run cancel*, into a combo and it all links. F3 has good range, so you're going to want to be defensive when playing against him. Try not to be within sweep distance of Cage. Stay midscreen versus him. Wish I could be more informative, but I haven't been playing this game for that long, so I'm still trying to get the hang out MKX's neutral game.

Last edited:

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
The game is still new and I'm sure NRS may fix force push sometime in the future where it may be a little more safer, but there is also a huge possibility they don't change it. MKX seems like a rushdown characters wet dream come to life. As I said a sentence ago, the game is new, but one can already tell if someone is good in this game if they have good normals, good pokes, and safe 50/50's. I'd also list if the character has good damage as well, however, most characters have solid damage. A-list Johnny Cage is silly. With his A-list abilities he can f3, *run cancel* f3, *run cancel*, into a combo and it all links. F3 has good range, so you're going to want to be defensive when playing against him. Try not to be within sweep distance of Cage. Stay midscreen versus him. Wish I could be more informative, but I haven't been playing this game for that long, so I'm still trying to get the hang out MKX's neutral game.
@Afumba @CliffP dont forget about forcepush armor tho... That coupled with draining meter and gaining health cant be overlooked. Mystic builds meter like no other. You just have to train your opponent

Afumba

Noob
True that. Its just me beeing a bit sad that the push isnt as good as it could have been. Its the one bad thing in a cool Variation.
But i still like Mystic, its the most Ermac-y Variation for me :D And ofc i like the ex version of the move.

As hitoshura said... maybe & hopefully they adjust it later. If not, then shit happens.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
@Afumba @CliffP dont forget about forcepush armor tho... That coupled with draining meter and gaining health cant be overlooked. Mystic builds meter like no other. You just have to train your opponent
Of course. Mystic is far from being unviable, but I see signs of this game becoming a coin toss fighter. A lot of characters have 50/50's into full combos. It also hasn't been a full week since release and 5 characters have viable vortexes. Who is to say the game won't have more?

Scorpian
Ermac
Quan Chi
Kenshi
Devorah

Also, keep in mind that this isn't a bitch point for me. I'm not upset, nor am I gripping about it. I'm simply pointing our things that may come to surface. For all I know I'm wrong and this game will live foevah.

i really dont get Ermac i know i am missing something, he was my main in MK9 and in this he seems slow and none of his moves have any range, i know i am missing a lot so where is the best place to start?