What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

G-Ram

Noob
Hey all, sorry for the nooby and possibly redundant question but I can't figure out what the input for instant soul ball would be.

Error

DF2+R2
Hey all, sorry for the nooby and possibly redundant question but I can't figure out what the input for instant soul ball would be.
Instant refers to doing an air move as early as possible after a jump, for Ermac he can either do instant air blast or instant teleport in the air, the input for the air blast is just up down back 2.

Nyaa

Let's fighting love
He can do instant air soul ball as well but it's not very practical as it's just easier to evade and just as punishable up close.

So I watched the ESL match with BreadTruck and Emperor Rebelo and at some point the F34 completely whiffed the overhead hits costing Bread a round.
Apparently sometimes F34 misses the overhead hits on low blocking subzero at point blank range, even in midscreen. I tested 5 or 6 other characters randomly and only sub had this problem.
Here's a video:

jokey77

Character Loyalist
... you can cancel into a safe ex Blast and hope that it doesn't whiff because of being buggy! :)
... what we are trying to tell you: f4 will always come with some risk! Even f4,3 is unsafe.

insignis

Noob
imho the best option is to use levitation. You can tp, dissapear, stomp, etc out of there. Plus you will eat air combo at worst rather then full ground one.
But it's really hard to input ddu during f4 :<

jokey77

Character Loyalist
One fast question regarding OS in MoS:
Can you go b1~bf2 [d] so the soulball only comes out on hit?

... I am not sure, if I understand this whole OS stuff correctly. However I think, this should be possible?!

Afumba

Noob
One fast question regarding OS in MoS:
Can you go b1~bf2 [d] so the soulball only comes out on hit?

... I am not sure, if I understand this whole OS stuff correctly. However I think, this should be possible?!
Not sure but why not do the b124 OS instead?

F4 is -20 on block
Teleport is -16 on block

If anything you should try going into F43 ( theres a second hit, it is -10 )
If you are good enough at OSing one can OS the teleport. Same for b34. I find it for b34 easier though, the overhead makes the timeing a bit hard for me. You are still at -11/ -10 but compared to -16 its a bit less. Still get punished but what can you do :)

F4 is -20 on block
Teleport is -16 on block

If anything you should try going into F43 ( theres a second hit, it is -10 )
Thats seems like the best idea to me. I wish ermac had a safer 50-50 like sonyas but i guess you cant have everything. Im just glad ermac is finally a high tier character again like the umk3 days.

Not sure but why not do the b124 OS instead?

If you are good enough at OSing one can OS the teleport. Same for b34. I find it for b34 easier though, the overhead makes the timeing a bit hard for me. You are still at -11/ -10 but compared to -16 its a bit less. Still get punished but what can you do :)
Is b124 hit confirmable(the b12 into special i mean). I wish i woulve know that i would be using alot more b12 than i already am.

Afumba

Noob
Is b124 hit confirmable(the b12 into special i mean). I wish i woulve know that i would be using alot more b12 than i already am.
B12 is hitconfirmable. Also if you go for the b124 OS you dont need to hitconfirm it as it will hitconfirm for you; you´d get b124 on block and b12~teleport on hit.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
I have the hardest time doing instant air blast. Especially off of block strings. Anyone have any advice to get it more consistent? Up then db2, on a pad quickly feels rough.