What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

haketh

Noob
I haven't been able to play Spectral as much as I'd like due to having to sell my setup awhile back & it's hard to figure out how to buff it without making it extremely stupid for MUs.For Mystic I would just bring Push down to like -18, make it so the enhanced version doesn't give meter back on the last hit & if you kill with the first hit of EX Push it continues to drain meter instead of giving meter for the rest of hits. Don't know if it's possible but maybe give Mystic some strings for more space control so it has more of a niche than Spectral & MOS? One thing I feel about Mystic is that it's a bit more consistent than MOS, yeah MOS gets the Soul charges back quickly but theirs still a few secs where you won't have access to it plus in a sense Mystic's punishing is better. Like in the Sub-Zero MU you get meterless full combo punishes on Sub-Zero after he does B2 because Lift feels like the only thing to punish it on block of any consequence.

Afumba

Noob
In Mystic I would make push less negative to have ability to check with it as in mk9 and add more damage on ex version.

MoS needs less recovery on ex dissapear on the ground. At the moment we can't punish or do anything after using it.

Add more damage on ex soul blast.

Don't know about spectral but with these improvements ermac will be awesome and not broken imho
I agree on this. But i´d rather like to see a meter drain buff after ex tkp than more damage on it.

Nyaa

Let's fighting love
You can do instant air ex blast into full combo midscreen, no corner required. It's super hard and I would be REALLY impressed if anyone is able to do this on a stick as it doesn't seem like you can tiger-knee the inputs. If you do you get levitate for some weird reason.

I have my doubts how practical this would actually be. Not only is it borderline impractically hard but it requires you to be very close. If you're point blank and hit a D1 this does not work (at least I wasn't able to combo it). It does work after a point blank 1 but how often does that happen? You're in range if you run up to your opponent first but that's often risky. I can see this have its use after a B1D2 knockdown, but in that situation you can dash up and do a reverse instant air ex soul blast for an easier combo.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
You can do instant air ex blast into full combo midscreen, no corner required. It's super hard and I would be REALLY impressed if anyone is able to do this on a stick as it doesn't seem like you can tiger-knee the inputs. If you do you get levitate for some weird reason.

I have my doubts how practical this would actually be. Not only is it borderline impractically hard but it requires you to be very close. If you're point blank and hit a D1 this does not work (at least I wasn't able to combo it). It does work after a point blank 1 but how often does that happen? You're in range if you run up to your opponent first but that's often risky. I can see this have its use after a B1D2 knockdown, but in that situation you can dash up and do a reverse instant air ex soul blast for an easier combo.
Seeing this in a tourney though, I woul lose my shit lol
And holy shit was that a low IAB!

Nyaa

Let's fighting love
I initially thought this couldn't be TK'd because if you do d,db,b,u the game will think the db is a d and recognize the input as ddu, levitate. But you can apparantly TK this by doing db,b,u,2. So I guess possible on stick afterall.

And yeah you kinda have to hit it this low to be able to combo from it. Even after some practice I don't think I would even try to attempt this in a real match. :)

Hey did you guys notice that they changed F3 after f21d2? Before you could land F3 just by timing it, and now it seems like you MUST step forward. It's not a a big problem since you can just step forward or run cancel but it was much better for online matches before.

zaf

professor
Hey did you guys notice that they changed F3 after f21d2? Before you could land F3 just by timing it, and now it seems like you MUST step forward. It's not a a big problem since you can just step forward or run cancel but it was much better for online matches before.
you can still do f3 by timing it, nothing has changed

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I got some vague idea:

In MK9 teleports were whiffed intentionally after a hard knockdown so the inputs for the opponent's wakeup get reversed. I think this technique should be very possible after some of Ermac's Knockdowns (e.g. by using a second NJP into teleport).

By following up with a crossover JIP (to reverse wakeup inputs again) one might be able to set up some sort of "alternative vortex" (possibly with even higher damage as the stun of bf2 has not to be used to set up the usual b12, but can be ended with any combo that ends in a hard knockdown)!

What do you guys think?

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
EX teleport as a wakeup reversal got armor and gives combo on hit.
The armor isn't very good though and it's only on wakeup. Everyone's excuse for safe pressure in this game is that strings can be armored through, but MoS doesn't have a tool for that (unless you're happy with 5%).

Error

DF2+R2
I'd rather ex force blast was more rewarding, is regular FB also only 5%? If so, that's probably one of the worst specials in the game.

Nyaa

Let's fighting love
EX blast should get some rework, I agree with that. For an armored move that costs meter and doesn't give combo it's pretty meh being crouchable AND jumpable.

At least it's safe on block.

Any idea if air ex blast got a point of armor as well? If it does that's great because of the corner combo potential. Doesn't help on wakeup though.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
ex blast is great just the way it is... it is supposed to be used for making unsafe moves safe... it can (and should) be used as an armored AND safe wakeup. in the corner instant air blast can even be hitconfirmed into a fullcombo!

Nyaa

Let's fighting love
You shouldn't have use it to make unsafe moves safe. Ermac got a lot of strings that are already safe and easy to hitconfirm so there's no reason to use the unsafe ones ever. So that's clearly not its intended use.

It might be ok, maybe, but if you compare it to other ex moves in the game it's pretty ass.

Error

DF2+R2
There's almost never a point in cancelling an unsafe string into ex blast since there's no real reward damage and advantage wise. If it hits you get like what, ~10% instead of what could have been a 30% combo, and if it's blocked you're at -5 I think, all this for a bar of meter is barely worth it unless it's an end of match scenario.

zaf

professor
The only thing I wanna change is give Ermac an armored combo starter.
EX teleport as a wakeup reversal got armor and gives combo on hit.
The armor isn't very good though and it's only on wakeup. Everyone's excuse for safe pressure in this game is that strings can be armored through, but MoS doesn't have a tool for that (unless you're happy with 5%).
I'd rather ex force blast was more rewarding, is regular FB also only 5%? If so, that's probably one of the worst specials in the game.
EX blast should get some rework, I agree with that. For an armored move that costs meter and doesn't give combo it's pretty meh being crouchable AND jumpable.
At least it's safe on block.
Any idea if air ex blast got a point of armor as well? If it does that's great because of the corner combo potential. Doesn't help on wakeup though.
ex blast is great just the way it is... it is supposed to be used for making unsafe moves safe... it can (and should) be used as an armored AND safe wakeup. in the corner instant air blast can even be hitconfirmed into a fullcombo!
Ex Force Blast is kind of terrible as it is right now.
The issue with this move is not the 5% damage that you get. You are not really suppose to care all that much for the damage that it provides. It is the utility of the move that you are supposed to be rewarded with for spending the 1 meter. But my problem with this move is that it is inconsistent.

I am aware that you can low profile the ex force blast ( By using a d3, d1 etc.. basically any move that makes your character lower their hitbox)
But there are times when people are stand blocking point blank right in front of you and the move completely whiffs. Then you are punished instead of being -5 on block.

The move is fine for gaps in strings to get people off of you.
It is bad against opponents who like to keep pressuring after the blockstrings are over and you want to armor them off you.
I just wish that ex teleport was the go to move for armoring between gaps. It is good on wakeup. Some moves can hit it out, but there are all kinds of normals in the game that have multi hit armor breaking properties. So it is not like it is only ermac getting screwed over.

Ex air blast has no armor. =[

insignis

Noob
So after patch our 1 and 11 are +2 on block. 11 can be hit confirmed into 112 which leads to 112,run,b12,f21d2,run,b12~soul ball, j2,b12 - 31%
Is it our new pressing to go tool?

Also I saw hotfixes and didn't see anything regarding Cassie. She simply ducks under our mids with block:
I mentioned it in bugs thread and even in colt's profile but it seems that nobody cares :( Maybe more previleged Ermac players can do something.

zaf

professor
I think the mid hitting strings whiffing is only on female characters.... Would be nice to have it fixed.

1 and 11 being +2 was in the game from the Jason patch. This is old news.
It is a great pressure tool alongside b12
1 seems to not whiff at all after a b12 on hit ( vortex). So you can use the B12 to jail the next 1 / 11

insignis

Noob
I think the mid hitting strings whiffing is only on female characters.... Would be nice to have it fixed.

1 and 11 being +2 was in the game from the Jason patch. This is old news.
It is a great pressure tool alongside b12
1 seems to not whiff at all after a b12 on hit ( vortex). So you can use the B12 to jail the next 1 / 11
we need to bring to devs attention somehow or it won't be fixed.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Hey guys...I could have sworn before this patch that Ermac's b3 had a 10 frame startup. Now it's 13. Am I crazy or was it always like that ?

zaf

professor
Hey guys...I could have sworn before this patch that Ermac's b3 had a 10 frame startup. Now it's 13. Am I crazy or was it always like that ?
Always like that.
In the prepatch version of the game, it was listed as 12 start up but I'm sure this was just incorrect