What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
EX teleport doesn't have armour.. i think that needs verification.

Also regarding match starters has anyone any suggestions?

I have tried 222 but at 8 frames it's not quick enough. d1 at 5 frames has the speed but not the reach so at the moment, it's either jip (awful) or back dash. F4 isn't quick enough either...

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments on how this can be mixed up with more options?

zaf

professor

Also regarding match starters has anyone any suggestions?
I have tried 222 but at 8 frames it's not quick enough. d1 at 5 frames has the speed but not the reach so at the moment, it's either jip (awful) or back dash. F4 isn't quick enough either...
Does anyone have any suggestions or comments on how this can be mixed up with more options?
Generally for match starters, I'll be more defensive and slightly walk back to see what the opponent does first. If I know they won't do a thing and walk back as well, you can try to run into quickly and go for a f4 or b3. F4 can actually hit your opponent from the start of a match if they don't move out of range in time. If they stand there, they are in range. So if I start a set with someone and notice they don't go in as soon as the match starts, the next game Ill usually go in on them. Run in grab is not a bad option.

Now for characters like Cassie, their players generally LOVE to start the match with her B1. If this is the case for someone you are playing, a d1 will beat out cassie every time. I need to test if NJP will beat cassie B1 at the start of the match. I would imagine so...

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
interesting, thanks for that @zaf i was thinking about b34, i wonder if the 4 part has the range... still pretty slow though.

One thing i do do from time to time is backdash followed by 'float' and then dive bomb, gets you a first hit most of the time and of course, 1 bar for free.

Nyaa

Let's fighting love
EX teleport have 1 armor during the startup if done as a wakeup reversal. If done grounded it does not have armor. As with all armored moves, some multi-hitting moves can stuff them.

http://a.pomf.se/bsckoj.mp4

Interrestingly, as soon as Ermac have teleported the armor is gone so it's possible to get hit after the teleport before Ermac attakcs.

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
ah it's only for wakeup and before it actually teleports, that explains a lot, it's also stupid as hell. ugh.

Afumba

Noob
Well - we have the guy that calls the opponents mothers out. lol
Was playing with a friend earlier (@SpiceWeasel) and he said something like "why is Ermac hating on my mother so much"... All confused i asked him what he meant and he said that it sounds like Ermac is screaming "your mother is a wh************re" in his winning pose.

Now i cant stop hearing it myself lol :D

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Can I get some help again? I've not taken a beating this bad in a while. I literally had no idea what to do. I tried to punish everything....

Afumba

Noob
Can I get some help again? I've not taken a beating this bad in a while. I literally had no idea what to do. I tried to punish everything....

Not an expert here regarding Sonya... so cant say much.
But isnt the arc kick punishable with f3/f4? Also the dive kick (at least the ones done from higher in the air) look not save as well.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
@Klesk_1 yeah I was getting frustrated because I kept dropping combos that I normally hit all day even online. Just means I have more work to do so that it doesn't happen again.

Arc Kick and Dive kick are both -20 or more but even on training mode I was having a hard time fully punishing. I can use lift but for only 4% I'm MOS without burning meter so Mystic may be the better variation in this matchup.

Dive kicks and arc kicks aside, the MS Stance cancels were getting me even more frustrated. At one point I swear I used reversal ex FB and it went right through her standing up, complete whiff when she was right next to me lol.

Trying to find better options on knockdown since FB can be low profiled and ex teleport seems to get stuffed even with armor (or online is making me miss the reversal window) I'll be spending some more time in the lab today to try and figure this matchup out.

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
Honestly, i thought you were playing really defensively. i don't think that works for sonja, you have to snipe her and get out. I reckon you would have won half the matches if you had maximised the combo opportunities

Afumba

Noob
If its -20 you should be able to punish it with f4xxSoulBall/f3, d1, SoulBall in MoS.
In the matches you tried it with f2 and didnt get a punish as you lacked the reach.

Good luck in the lab with this MU.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
MU against jax and liu kang is awful, we get out poked, out ranged, out everything bleh
I was playing a really good Jax yesterday. Out of 10 games I lost 9 lol
But once you understand the match up and know when to poke out after what strings, I started winning half of our confrontations. Same idea for Liu Kang. I think you just need to learn the MU a bit but granted how many good Liu and Jax to find online lol

But truth be told, they seem like better characters overall so it's not an easy fight for sure.
So far the main problem I've had is Kung Lao because his spin shuts down pressure very quickly and his dive quick controls the air.

Is Ermac D3 broken/abuseable, or are people just really, really stupid? I've taken people from like 60% health just spamming it, without them blocking. Is it broken, or are people really that stupid?

D3 is not broken, people are not stupid, they may lack fundamentals but I dont ever like calling people stupid over a video game.
Lacking fundamentals would be not knowing combos and strings, not being able to read etc in my opinion. Not being able to literally blck and duck is .....stupid, especially when you have over 100 games online, where fair amount of them are won.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Is 222 Ermac's fastest string that cna be used to punish? I'm having so difficult punishing scorpion teleport and lui kangs flying kick bc the push back is too far? Am I just free to those openings? :O Can't even d2 haha

If youre going to answer your own question then dont bother. Fundamentals is a pretty vague term, but its about covering basics and I would say blocking is pretty basic dont you think?

Last edited:
FFS if youre going to answer your own question then dont bother. Fundamentals is a pretty vague term, but its about covering basics and I would say blocking is pretty basic dont you think?
Calm down. When people block my bnb's and mixups, and then fall to my D3 spam, then that no longer qualifies as "lacking fundamentals" - furthermore, I did not answer my own question, I simply gave my rebuttal to your answer. No reason to get hostile all of a sudden.