What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [EO Beta] Ferra/Torr Beta Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Whats wrong with people coming to play Ferra Torr now they've had some good treatment? People need to get rid of this weird elitist complex they have around new people playing their character cause they got buffed. Most top players could probably pick this character up in a week and play it better than 90% of you.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Whats wrong with people coming to play Ferra Torr now they've had some good treatment? People need to get rid of this weird elitist complex they have around new people playing their character cause they got buffed. Most top players could probably pick this character up in a week and play it better than 90% of you.
Didnt they say that about Bane too? That anyone could just pick him up and do raw specials? Funny how no one did that though even after his 1.06 buffs.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Nothing wrong with bandwagoners, more exposure for the character is always good. I do think this character isn't for everyone, though. Some bandwagoners might pick this character up thinking easy wins, and when it doesn't come that easy, they'll drop F/T as fast as they picked them up. As far as top players picking up buffed characters, I'm certain they could have picked them up when everyone thought they were ass and done better than 90% of us so nothing has changed there. Lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I've experienced this with Jacqui and was incredibly annoyed. Nothing worse than seeing someone who shit on and mocked my character on this very forum all of a sudden message me asking my BnB's when she gets buffed and they saw Sonic streaming the beta. FOH with that.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Personally I don't care one bit who other people play or what they're reasons for it are. I think the bandwagon shaming is mostly tongue in cheek, and there is this sort of clan mentality that goes on between character loyalists and those who just choose flavor of the month.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Nothing wrong with bandwagoners, more exposure for the character is always good. I do think this character isn't for everyone, though. Some bandwagoners might pick this character up thinking easy wins, and when it doesn't come that easy, they'll drop F/T as fast as they picked them up. As far as top players picking up buffed characters, I'm certain they could have picked them up when everyone thought they were ass and done better than 90% of us so nothing has changed there. Lol
Yeah that's kinda my point man. More people playing the character is only a good thing for you guys since it's more likely new developments will be discovered.

Didnt they say that about Bane too? That anyone could just pick him up and do raw specials? Funny how no one did that though even after his 1.06 buffs.
I didn't mean to imply Ferra Torr would be super easy to pick up and anyone could play them because that's not gonna be the case. Bad players will still get blown up, but labelling them 'frauds' and 'bandwagoners' just for wanting to try a character they might've struggled with before might scare people off and seems a bit counter productive for the growth of the community.

Not saying you're wrong, but talking about an Elitist attitude.
I am far from a top player. Please point out where I was referring to myself. Cheers.

I've experienced this with Jacqui and was incredibly annoyed. Nothing worse than seeing someone who shit on and mocked my character on this very forum all of a sudden message me asking my BnB's when she gets buffed and they saw Sonic streaming the beta. FOH with that.
That does sound frustrating but I'm sure it's just a minority.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Not the same, because that was a game that had the likes of zod, MMH, batgirl and Flash.

Although Bane was very very good, he wasn't the best, hence he wasn't bandwagoned. We don't know how severe these changes to FT are just yet, but they very well could make him insanely good, hence top players will pick him up and start potentially placing.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
If anything people picking them up will finally realize where the actually sit in respect to the rest of that cast, from where I'm sitting (not playing the beta), i don't think these changes rocket cutie and the beast up to A+, there are still plenty of characters, who have better buttons, better pressure, better damage, etc, but don't quote me on that until the end of march. Right now its pretty polar, people either think they are broke as fuck (i've had people get salty over me spamming njps, but i only do that when it works more than 7/10 times, cuz apparently random jump ins is the leet strategy online), I had someone accuse me once of "spamming" Ferra throws :rolleyes:. Or the other side thinks they are shit, D tier in league with Jason and are amazed at what I can do with them. While I've enjoyed this purgatory of character placement, its about damn time the Kahn's strongest bodyguard gets the respect they deserve.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I think a good reason for that is that f/t just plays differently than other characters. They're still slow as shit and you always have to keep an eye on ferra. When I picked them up I ate shit for so long they were the hardest character to figure out by far for me (I'm still having some problems with them sometimes). They required so much patience to make them work and The buffs probably won't change this. They're definitely not an easy-to-pick character and People will realize this.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Not the same, because that was a game that had the likes of zod, MMH, batgirl and Flash.

Although Bane was very very good, he wasn't the best, hence he wasn't bandwagoned. We don't know how severe these changes to FT are just yet, but they very well could make him insanely good, hence top players will pick him up and start potentially placing.
At the end of Injustice Bane was insanely good too, and much easier to use than Ferra Torr so I think its a fair comparison. Either way Ferra Torr really doesnt play like anyone else in the game, I doubt people will find managing Ferra on and off their backs naturally or working with a slow run/walk speed if they are coming from characters like Lao or Tanya ect

MadeFromMetal

The changes that make him really good now aren't even the immediately obvious ones. They gave F/T the small buffs we thought he needed, the luxury buffs we wanted but could live without, AND THEN some buffs we never even thought to ask for. Ruthless now has some dirt in the way of safe meterless launching frame trap "option select-ish" type stuff because of changes to frame data. While everyone is going wild over his new 50/50 launchers, I'm over here cackling at this other stuff. The top players who pick him up and abuse everything the character has to offer will undoubtedly be very scary in tournament.

Kamikaze_Highlander

never said you were, but you are the one telling a community of dedicated players that top players could come in and mop 90% of us after a week, which does make you sound a bit like an elitist, regardless of whether or not you consider yourself that. and like I said, you're not wrong, but that isn't a reflection on the character. there's a reason they are called top players.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Who the fuck cares if people pick up F/T because their really good now lmao
Because we had to deal with a year of constant disrespect to our character. Threads calling them the lamest character in the game, blatant spread of misinformation and upplaying on streams from people that never took them to the lab, there were even people here that called FT, Jason, ect players "bitches that dont want to win" because we decided to keep putting in work with our character thinking of the long run rather than playing the new top tier with every patch, and now they act like they liked them all along?... getting buffs doesnt make me forget fraudulent behaviour like that

Kamikaze_Highlander

We don't know how severe these changes to FT are just yet
Maybe @PND_Mustard will start having some fun again. I watch bio's games religiously. But if you or your bro picked up the terrible twosome i can't imagine the shit you guys would come up with. I've already basically put your Warlock in my pocket for my worst matchups. Almost every video you guys do I learn something from.

MadeFromMetal

Thank you @x-azeez for keeping the OP updated so people don't have to wade through the last 6 pages of shitposting (myself included) that should have been in the general discussion thread. Lol

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Well thanks for making your point and not being a dick about it.

Jolt

Uprise
I think, Ruthless should get one of the throw launchers, preferably the low, as it doesn't get knocked out by Torr getting hit, and juggles the towards us. Vicious should keep all of them.
I'd be fine with that. Honestly, I don't even care about the overhead one. The low is what made me love this character again. As a player, I sometimes struggle in neutral. I have trouble getting in. The low lets me bring the other guy to me if they wanted to stand on the other side of the screen and disrespect me. That and between the new low launcher and f2, it's just fun throwing people (AND FERRA!) allllllllll around the screen.

I'm trash with FT and I'll be trash with these changes, but at least I'll be grinning every second while I do it

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I think, Ruthless should get one of the throw launchers, preferably the low, as it doesn't get knocked out by Torr getting hit, and juggles the towards us. Vicious should keep all of them.
That would be great. Increase the damage on vicious' command grab and boom we have three equally viable variations. Instead of two good ones and one situational variation for a few MUs.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
But the low toss is what gives ruthless the unnecessary damage that chef showed. Ruthless does not deserve over 70% for a bar off pretty much any starter at level three, 60+ is good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.