What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [EO Beta] Ferra/Torr Beta Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yeah we all know what we have, this isnt the Johnny Cage forums

And let these frauds play FT if they want, Ill just free them all up with Lackey, they wont know what to do against someone that actually knows how to abuse when Ferra isnt on their back
Haha! DJT called it out when he heard saying he welcomes all the fraudulent incoming F/T players. I would place them in a separate group from you guys. I know exactly who was playing F/T before Feb 2016. It's gonna be worth remembering lol.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Haha! DJT called it out when he heard saying he welcomes all the fraudulent incoming F/T players. I would place them in a separate group from you guys. I know exactly who was playing F/T before Feb 2016. It's gonna be worth remembering lol.
Its going to be very obvious who picked them up now and who has been working with them the whole time. All they see is potential top tier, where as we literally see the entire game from their perspective, they will be in for a rude awakening when they play against someone that knows the character

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Its going to be very obvious who picked them up now and who has been working with them the whole time. All they see is potential top tier, where as we literally see the entire game from their perspective, they will be in for a rude awakening when they play against someone that knows the character
I hope that this isn't where all the quan and lao mains flood to. The type who just go for the character who gets the easiest wins. They will learn real quick that f/t isn't for them lol.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
How can I join the famous private conversation of the true Ferra-Torr players?

I have always used him, picked him in tournament too!

Yeah we all know what we have, this isnt the Johnny Cage forums

And let these frauds play FT if they want, Ill just free them all up with Lackey, they wont know what to do against someone that actually knows how to abuse when Ferra isnt on their back
I'm actually wondering about this. I wouldn't be surprised if I could counterpick Ruthless with Lackey. I'd be happy if that was the case. Especially since Lackey has always been my main squeeze.

Get it! SQUEEZE!?! It's a pun!

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I'm actually wondering about this. I wouldn't be surprised if I could counterpick Ruthless with Lackey. I'd be happy if that was the case. Especially since Lackey has always been my main squeeze.

Get it! SQUEEZE!?! It's a pun!
Lackey poops on the other variations, knock Ferra off their back once and now its Lackey vs Lackey except their Lackey doesnt have any of Lackeys real options

Lackey poops on the other variations, knock Ferra off their back once and now its Lackey vs Lackey except their Lackey doesnt have any of Lackeys real options
I like Lackey because it was nice to not have to worry about Ferra returning. Plus he felt a lot like how I always wanted Grundy to play. And counter-poking with d1 tick grab feels amazing. Everybody falls for it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I can confirm d.1 does indeed have shorter range. Its range now matches that of standing 2. Only about a 10% loss in range, but enough to where d.1 after a command grab that isn't on-the-wall cornered is going to whiff.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You wanna know obscene?

Barebones F/T is better on principle than 70% of the cast right now.
No pain and gain, but all the combo potential with MB OH and low.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I like Lackey because it was nice to not have to worry about Ferra returning. Plus he felt a lot like how I always wanted Grundy to play. And counter-poking with d1 tick grab feels amazing. Everybody falls for it.
What are your command grab setups? I generally only do it after d1 on hit (trying to tick d1 is too risky imo), b12 on block, s1 on block or sometimes after a corpse hop if I know they're not waking up. I want more lol

Wetdoba

All too easy...
What are your command grab setups? I generally only do it after d1 on hit (trying to tick d1 is too risky imo), b12 on block, s1 on block or sometimes after a corpse hop if I know they're not waking up. I want more lol
Theres the d3 grab option select or after D4 on block (plus 1)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Lackey can no longer combo out of d.2 with a d.1 follow-up, sad times. Its just short, to give some idea of the range difference.

It depends on the player I'm facing for me. It's up to how their counterpoking habits are. I usually poke with d1 one or two times before throwing out the command grab. I also like to condition somebody with b121 and b1212, then I can just just b12 then d1 tick grab.

The B1212 string is my favorite conditioning tool. It build lots of meter and can be staggered. It's not perfect, but they won't counter-poke in time if they don't expect the stagger. Also, I like to use the tick grab as a mix-up if I hit them with charge because I'm hella plus. And if they're REALLY scared to press a button I just run up tick grab.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008

Holy fuck guys, the glory days are nigh

Other than b121 being more plus, I really don't think we needed to be MORE plus on MORE things. We already had some awesome frame advantages, d1 was already like +23, meaning connecting that was a free 50/50, but I ain't complaining about more, easier options to cancel into PnG, too many times in the current online have I dropped 11xPnG, f2. I (and others) was hoping for a buff to 112+4 to be a launcher (in midscreen), then I thought about it for another second. We don't need a third launcher, hits mid, starts in 9f, certainly not on top of this.

Question: Can anyone tell me if any changes have been made to f4? I really want this to special cancellable. also does Ferra still drop when Torr is hit?

While I concede to the general consensus that the EX throws would be a much better fit to Vicious only (as it is the anti zoning focus), Ruthless certainly finds this useful (see Shinnok match up). My general gameplan in ruthless is damage/setup into free PnG, with the opponent at fullscreen. If they wanted to stay there, I usually don't have to sweat over that, let them play my game to come in, even if i hit them with a low or OH throw, its just a knockdown so now I have to run in w/o ferra. So there's relatively little risk for them, hanging out fullscreen baiting a ferra throw (at most 16% in R/V), in the short term. Now, no where is safe, jesus, I just realized I'm gonna be able full combo punish RUN INS:joker:, the key now will be finding optimal length combos for ferra to remount. Now that we have three new specials to enhance, I really hope they've buffed our meter build, a second area of weakness after aa. EX Boss Toss better be a fucking brutality and unscaled damage (the extra 4% should be unscaled).

I was hoping for more buffs to Lackey, Ex Torryuken is a fair nerf, and what they did buff is great, but i still feel he could use something more to bump him up to the level that Ruthless and Vicious are at. From what I can see roll recovery is not that much better. I believe currently its 28f, and the beta has it at 24f, EX i believe is 21f. Sad to see we're not getting a mobility tool like, well, every other slide/roll special. But maybe it feels faster than the numbers make it look. The damage increase was necessary too. Our optimal damage combos send them fullscreen, so getting a bit more damage for the struggle of getting back in is fair.

That being said, the hitbox is less stupid on the way up so you're like slightly less likely to jump over people like usual.
Still possible, it happened during REO and SonicFox's stream, on D'Vorah crouching I believe.

He needs it. Also judging from Pig's stream, MB low Ferra is - while close but + from far but idk.
it will be plus the farther away because hit hits later, giving Torr time to recover before it hits the opponent, same (but inverted) reason b232+4 has a hole, after b2 at close reange. later hit = Torr recovers sooner = we are plus. Earlier hit = Torr recovers later = we are minus. Same concept applies to the OH throw.

Looks like sub zero finally has a bad mu.
Lol this was always a shit match up for sub. Especilly GM, oh hi Subby, you just dropped a clone in neutral? wellcome to a 50/50 you just put yourself in. Ferra eats iceballs like candy, like seriously she has a thing for those. I've crushed so many when by no rights it should have.

This is honestly pretty damn stupid giving them EX overhead and low toss,
I disagree, I still feel that F/T's fullscreen options are piss, or at the very least do not need to be respected. I think some people were saying Ferra moves bit faster, but before, hitting someone at fullscreen with ferra can be tough, even in a poor connection both throws are very reactable and easy to avoid. and even if you did hit them, on block there just isn't enough advantage to do anything with it, on hit is better, but our oki options at that point are lessened.

Well that just figures. I already made the decision to pick up Ferra/Torr once March 1st finally hit. I've even hit the lab with 'em already and started using them in the current online (awful experience). Now with this new foolishness they've received, I'm gonna feel like a bandwagon player. I DON'T WANNA BE A BANDWAGON PLAYER!
The key to online Ferra/Torr is just consistent combos, and (specifically talking about Ruthless, really the go to variation for 85% of matchups) stacking PnG. anything ended in command grab you can get a free stack out, or 4 (while juggled) cancelled into PnG actually gives you enough time to get another stack out (so one PnG punish can safely get you up to three stacks e.g. 4xxPnG rc f2, njp, f3, 4xxPng PnG, also does something like 36%). at that point, command grab alone does something like 25-30% (mb is 31%), breathing on them, then sending them fullscreen pretty much guarantees the win.

I already didn't know what to do against this character before the buffs. Now I'm truly fucked!
Zone out as best you can (though this strategy is no longer going to be as effective, our trades before were good, now they are full combos). Bait a ferra throw, jump to avoid it then start your *insert playstyle here* game while they have to wait for ferra to really start rolling again. Send them fullscreen, rinse, repeat. Getting in with Ferra Torr can be more difficult than people think, or maybe I just suck.

Why do people act so surprised?

I knew this was coming the moment I said "I think I'll use Ferra/Torr" like 7 months before the game's release.

I knew about this like May of 2014.
who guys look t the modesty over here. Thanks @Doombawkz :D
There's no gap in b.12xxOH toss, only people who don't know what to do use b.121xxOH toss.
Person who doesn't know what he's doing, reporting in. I've actually switched(mostly) to b1212 instead of b12xxOH. I still use it for plus frames, but if they know the gap in b121, and I've got them well trained, b1212 catches them either blocking low reading bowl girl, or when they drop their block to armour through, and has enough advantage for a PnG.

Hardly the case. People can use it all the time especially if its established they may cancel or if they want to bait out armor. To say people that use B121OH toss don't know what they are doing...? Is to BOLD comrade.
Can confirm, I have no fucking clue what I'm doing once I get into a real match. XP

I'm actually going to get me some Ruthless as well. My training partner shall show me the way.
I will show you the ways of the Ruthless

Status
Not open for further replies.