What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn [EO Beta Closed] Kotal Kahn Beta Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The whole point is if they see B14 they still have to make a guess on Sun disc or the CG.
If you're answering a "yes" to my question then there is no guess. See B14 armor. If you're bold hard read the sun disc/air grab/not command grab. So what do you do if the opponent has meter? More F3 and B2? B1 into D1 for the 8f trap? Really asking cause I don't have the beta.

Tweedy

Noob
you could do that before lol, you can do it against most paddles too, or just press a button
I know. Just saying that since that's his only option to grab someone off of B1 or a B1 string now, that kind of sucks. At least before, you had to respect B122 when jumping out of B1 xx command grab.

Edit: Of course you know all of this Aquaman. Just making sure that I know that you know that I know, you know?

Almost all Sun God players utilize the command grab in the beginnings of combos as tick grabs. But ive been exclusively playing Blood God these past few months, and it definitely raised my Kotal game. If you learn your MU, you find unsafe moves and you open people up, given you have no armores reversals. And using the totems, you get mad damage. So, this changed my Sun God game drastically. I use the command grab at the ends of my combos for some mad damage. And with the recent Buff making command grabs land on hit Kotal gets more big damage combos. And using the exCG as an armored reversal is just a huge plus. Essentially, im sayin using the CG mainly as tick throws is not the best Kotal tech. Learn the MU's, and punish hard with 40%+ combos everytime.

E

Eldriken

Pretty nuts . Sun God could be argued to be kotal a best variation now since it goes through projectiles
I wouldn't go that far. Its startup is still pretty shitty. Most projectiles are much faster and you will likely get hit out of it if you use it on reaction.

I think it will wind up being most suited for eating projectiles based on reads.

Versus slower projectiles (Ice Ball, Reptile's acid ball, etc), it will probably see much more use since you will have an easier time getting it out without getting popped first.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
I wouldn't go that far. Its startup is still pretty shitty. Most projectiles are much faster and you will likely get hit out of it if you use it on reaction.

I think it will wind up being most suited for eating projectiles based on reads.

Versus slower projectiles (Ice Ball, Reptile's acid ball, etc), it will probably see much more use since you will have an easier time getting it out without getting popped first.
Ermac's soul ball
Erron's duel pistol shot
Just got beta on xbox.
b14 sunchoke
ex pizza
hard knockdown
ex pizza
PuhRaise the SUN!!!!!!

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Damn it does sound like a bit of a game changer for you Sun God players

It's Similiar to Stunt Doubles only low string 113 xx Special doesn't matter what special or even if I just block nearly all armour attacks beat it

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Taste the blade of Oshtekk? Play him like Zangief and just do raw grabs all day? Empty jump command grab?

Seriously, though. If command grabs comboing on hit was unintentional, they would have taken it out of the beta by now. B1 was probably nerfed BECAUSE of command grabs now comboing on hit.
Itrs intended 16bit told the Hax guys to try it before any of the Jax guys knew you could

I still havent gotten the beta update on the XBone. Has anyone noticed any changes on the parry. Specifically of the recovery on whiff got a little faster??

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Hey guys, I know many of you are upset and think B14~CG is a bill, but here's an idea...Use it when your opponent doesn't have meter.

Last night I played a Sub Zero that knew the Kotal MU. When he back dashed I caught him with a F2 on reaction. Not sure if he was trying to press buttons, but it worked. If they jump, you can react to that too.

Adapt. Overcome.
Cross over every time.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Just finish getting my ass kick by Sun God. All I can say is.. Enjoy'all 40% damage per combo. Holly balls all i could do is sit and wacth my health drain down like money. Your command grab on combos is strong. Kotal will dominate now!

Status
Not open for further replies.