What's new

Breakthrough - Kano [EO Beta Closed] Kano Beta Changes Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I usually use it to hitconfirm his 50/50s into big damage. Your right tough if they guess right then my turn is over and i lose more health but they have to guess right first. I get 2 tries though to hurt them.

for example...
I land a d4, d3 or a db1 or a projectile and run in to start my 50/50s. Then I do one of the following combinations assuming they block everything:
b31 ex buff b31 db1 (guessing twice)
b31 ex buff b12 db1 (guessing twice)
b121 ex buff b3 or b1...both options make them guess twice.

Beauty is that if I hit confirm, I can go right into f212 for a combo and if I don't then I land the db1 and they have to guess again. If they block all that then yeah...i'm gonna lose some life but chances are that they wont block all of it more often than they do.
I like to do that midscrren too semetimes but I find it works a lot better n the corner and I tend to stick with using ex knives midscreen.
I usually do b12 ex buff b3/b1 because b121 ex buff b1 whiffs unless you do a short run cancel and you cant combo off of b121 ex buff but you can combo b12 ex buff for 42% ending in kano ball and the debuff.
In the corner I will hit confirm b121 into knife throw or ex buff if it's blocked.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
There's been plenty of hype but if you're suggesting it's OP, it's not.

I dont know enough about Commando to suggest it's OP or not, but it's definitely a big buff.

So as a Commando main explain it to me. You can do B1~Command grab shenanigans until they do what? Backdash (which B1,3 wont work now), or jump? or what? Once they figure it out, what does commando do to counter that's safe?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I dont know enough about Commando to suggest it's OP or not, but it's definitely a big buff.

So as a Commando main explain it to me. You can do B1~Command grab shenanigans until they do what? Backdash (which B1,3 wont work now), or jump? or what? Once they figure it out, what does commando do to counter that's safe?
Choke should beat jumps, knife backdash. But I guess the mixup is b1 or b1 grab. Which is kind of disappointing because sun god gets a full string to counter armor attempts. But he has to use a bar to stay safe so w/e

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Command throws comboing off strings was also in the game at launch..... you could command grab off strings on counter hit but they removed it with one of the very first patches.

almost all of these beta changes seem like REVERSION back to how the game was prelaunch. like scorpion over head f2 and double flame aura and jacquis infinite is back and now command throws work in strings again. however, its obv not a total roll back cuz we are getting new stuff too. Paulo had confirmed that the beta is reflective of the new changes, though he did state it as some things are ahead on the patch and some things are behind. perhaps part of this patch is to give back tools that were taken away in dev (think nightwolfs f3 no longer being a low but it was during development which is why the Prima guide has nightwolf as the best)

If this is a case of the game being rolled back to pre launch and then having new buffs added we could also see some of this stuff being removed that was reapplied with the rollback, ie jacquis infinite for sure. I can also see command grabs working on hit on grounded opponents also being removed.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Man if Kanos big dash did get a nerf it's completely unnoticeable, looks like it's still the best Backdash IMO (yes better than Shinnoks)

So if they did change it I wouldn't fear it altering how he plays at all

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Command throws comboing off strings was also in the game at launch..... you could command grab off strings on counter hit but they removed it with one of the very first patches.

almost all of these beta changes seem like REVERSION back to how the game was prelaunch. like scorpion over head f2 and double flame aura and jacquis infinite is back and now command throws work in strings again. however, its obv not a total roll back cuz we are getting new stuff too. Paulo had confirmed that the beta is reflective of the new changes, though he did state it as some things are ahead on the patch and some things are behind. perhaps part of this patch is to give back tools that were taken away in dev (think nightwolfs f3 no longer being a low but it was during development which is why the Prima guide has nightwolf as the best)

If this is a case of the game being rolled back to pre launch and then having new buffs added we could also see some of this stuff being removed that was reapplied with the rollback, ie jacquis infinite for sure. I can also see command grabs working on hit on grounded opponents also being removed.
Jacqui already had the infinite removed in the recent update, she can still combo off of UD4, and her UpRocket and EX Rocket was nerfed in FA again, so they're definitely applying changes more so than revisions on some characters.

Noobe

Noob
Looks like his upballs range and hit box her been nerfed. You can d3 or d4 with any character up close to bait and full combo punish. Can anyone tell me if f4 low crushes now?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Most aerial attacks are overhead.
it's already and instant air whiff punishing fullscreen low, a command grab and now an overhead. idk any more buffs to it at this point why not just require kano player's opponents to wear a blindfold every match

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
First minute reaction:
HOLY SHIT B1 TICKS
Second minute reaction:
FUCK CYBER IS DEAD
24th hour reaction:
I need to get my hands on this first before forming an opinion.
-
Now, if I could somehow get access to this god damn beta, maybe I'd have a reason to not play Bloodborne 25 hours a day.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Jacqui already had the infinite removed in the recent update, she can still combo off of UD4, and her UpRocket and EX Rocket was nerfed in FA again, so they're definitely applying changes more so than revisions on some characters.
I agree that they are applying changes more than revisions, im just saying that we should be wary that some of this stuff might not stick around. It appears, to me at least, that characters were rolled back to pre launch and then had their new buffs and tools applied, like cancelled ground pound for jacqui and cryo canceling off the daggers. Part of rolling them back also reintroduced other stuff that was intentionally removed, like the jacqui infinite. I am pretty sure that command grabs working off strings was unintended which is why it was quickly removed at launch.

maybe im reading the buff wrong, but it sounds like the command grabs are working in the combo as PART of the combo, ie 112~ribstrike all combos now. if its not like that and 112 ends and ribstrike hits as a NEW combo then thats fine, that means that people do have the ability to jump out at least like a tick throw. but if its blatantly comboing then be wary, that might not stick around. previously it was only on counterhit (either hit someone in during the start up or recovery frames and it would combo at any time in the combo, even after a ball cancel) it didnt work at all times. if this is working at all times maybe it is intended and thats how command grabs are gonna start working... odd

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Commando has such better pressure now... in theory... omg I need to get my hands on this beta commando. I'm drooling over here.

xMEECH

Dyslexic
Can anyone with access to the beta confirm some stuff for me?

For commando, is B1 DF1 still a true blockstring?

How plus are DF1, the command grabs, and the parries on hit?

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Nope! You can dackdash or jump the gap. Already been shown on KETCHUP and Musturd channel. The mindgame comes in rather I choke to stop the nutural jump or B2, 2 to stop the back dash.
yeah for sure but it's a little bit hard to do on reaction especially because kano has a large number of string that can be canceled by command grab

Status
Not open for further replies.