What's new

Breakthrough - Kano [EO Beta Closed] Kano Beta Changes Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
That explains sooooooo many things lmao
Don't get what you mean? I wasn't trying to go into what the whole video showed just what they showed that wasn't on the changes list?

If I'm reading what you meant wrong my bad its the internet and sometimes text is hard to gauge :)

Jason Pls

Certified free as fuck
Don't get what you mean? I wasn't trying to go into what the whole video showed just what they showed that wasn't on the changes list?

If I'm reading what you meant wrong my bad its the internet and sometimes text is hard to gauge :)
Oh no I came here to see if Air Ball was overhead because I was preemptively blocking low in the beta and getting whapped, this actually explains it lmao my bad for making it seem sarcastic

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
It can't be 50/50, mid range it's OH and full punishable, far range is low and full punishable, EX can be NJP or backdash and full combo punishable. So it's not too OP
It's pretty cool though. If you're at a dodgey range and you can't tell if it's going to hit oh or low it's basially a 50/50. and you can meter burn it for an unblockalble so it's like a 33/33/33 :D

colby4898

Does ex buff still take 15% health away though? That's the only change cutthroat needed imo.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Oh no I came here to see if Air Ball was overhead because I was preemptively blocking low in the beta and getting whapped, this actually explains it lmao my bad for making it seem sarcastic
Lol its cool I just wasn't sure if that's how you meant it or not.

colby4898

i'm fine with it. I will always dish out more damage than I take and the chance that I get the 50/50 to hit is so great, I will usually get 40-50%.

Totally worth it.
I agree it's worth it because I usually end the combowith a ball and debuff so I won't take the full 15% but it sucks for pressure though cos you lose more health than the opponent on chip. b12 ex buff 112 db1 = 7.86 chip damage assuming they don't armour the 112 and b12 buff 11 is a true block string. But because you're -8 (-5 now) you have to take pressure and continue to lose health. If they got rid of the DoT on ex buf it would be more useful for pressure.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Yeah that B1 needed better hit range. Glad to know it works well now. Cutthroat Kano is a great character, very strong, very carnal in his fighting style. Cutthroat Kano is like Ninjutsu Scorpion but better.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
So no one is going to freak out that in Commando you can B1~command grab on both hit, and block? That seems legit.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I agree it's worth it because I usually end the combowith a ball and debuff so I won't take the full 15% but it sucks for pressure though cos you lose more health than the opponent on chip. b12 ex buff 112 db1 = 7.86 chip damage assuming they don't armour the 112 and b12 buff 11 is a true block string. But because you're -8 (-5 now) you have to take pressure and continue to lose health. If they got rid of the DoT on ex buf it would be more useful for pressure.
I usually use it to hitconfirm his 50/50s into big damage. Your right tough if they guess right then my turn is over and i lose more health but they have to guess right first. I get 2 tries though to hurt them.

for example...
I land a d4, d3 or a db1 or a projectile and run in to start my 50/50s. Then I do one of the following combinations assuming they block everything:
b31 ex buff b31 db1 (guessing twice)
b31 ex buff b12 db1 (guessing twice)
b121 ex buff b3 or b1...both options make them guess twice.

Beauty is that if I hit confirm, I can go right into f212 for a combo and if I don't then I land the db1 and they have to guess again. If they block all that then yeah...i'm gonna lose some life but chances are that they wont block all of it more often than they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.