What's new

End of 2015 MKX Tier list - UK Edition

TemperingMoon

I Am The White Wolf
Only have been able to listen to a small chunk so far, but I seriously love the layout of this. Super well thought out, gives a good basic overview of character strengths and weaknesses. Well done.

Also, RIP Jason :(
Jason be dancing on Kenshi's grave like.....

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I like the list, and a lot of the positions I really feel people are sleeping on.

DF Kang is stupid, but America generally doesn't see that because our most watched Kang has been using only FF until recently, and I don't even think another Kang has even had a breakout performance over here. There's a huge reason I have no idea why @YOMI REO isn't using him lol.
You can tell your hanging out with Us EU guys in Discord :p

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Mainly because we CAN get out of it on the right read. Its still incredibly stupid AF, but without his zoning being what it is in FF, she can keep him out, stall him with b12 and the roll/EXroll either gets blocked or hits him, unlike the parry where he gets to just keep patching his holes at will. I still need to run it more, and I'm not denying its an easy MU, but it really doesn't feel like she loses it.
I find it the other way around and find FF easier to deal with DF, both stupid MUs though

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I honestly dont think goro is bottom 5, hes def bottom 10, but he has many plus strings, great pokes, great armor and wakeups, great pressure, good damage, great corner game, etc .
Yeah, the main issue though is that he doesn't have the mobility needed to succeed. He's damn good when in your face, though.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I find it the other way around and find FF easier to deal with DF, both stupid MUs though
I mixed the zoning between the two variations -__-

DF IS incredibly stupid, and it seems like that's the case with any character he's up against because ultimately, he's safe anyways. Any gap he has in his blockstrings, he can always just not do the next move and bait out a reversal. EXFade, EXflipkick, EXslide, doesn't make a difference.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I feel validated by that Erron placement :DOGE

This is tight. Some of it is a bit shocking to me (Sub and Kang being so high, Jin being so low) but I'm by no means an expert of this game and the podcast part really helped me understand the reasoning.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Jax placement is agreeable to me. He's good, but not so good that you can autopilot your way through much better opponents the way Quan, Lao, Tanya, and others can.

Jolt

Uprise
@PND_Mustard @PND_Ketchup From seeing the many responses regarding both sides of the Mileena placement, the issue might just be that a few characters listed below her especially Sonya, Jin and Erron Black are a tier below her which has rustled many jimmies.

The placement argument might be people looking at tools only or MUs only. I personally don't know right now so probably gonna have a sleepless night thinking about this.
This is honestly what got me. It wasn't necessarily Mileena's placement overall, it's her relative placement. I could see her being an A from tools alone, but I don't think I'd place her above Sonya or Jin. Erron Black I'd honestly consider debatable. I am one of many who simply doesn't think he is anything fantastic despite seeing some amazing performances from players with the character.

I would say that overall Sonya (and I know you said she could possibly be A+) has fewer issues than Mileena. I'd say significantly fewer issues at that. I also feel the same about Kung Jin. If those 2 in particular were bumped up and she were bumped down, my disagreement would probably be non-existent in terms of her placement.

AeWhole

Noob
I'm reading through all these comments like... "Who here actually plays MKX?" Have you guys been to the lab with another character for more than 3 hours in each variation? Everything in the video was agreeable. I'm still secretly praying they don't touch Quan though. Think for yourself guys don't just listen to teir lists. As always keep it salty.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
"If you can't say nothing nice, don't say anything at all" sorry for my blow up I felt like are opinion wasn't taken seriously after the sheep comment from the beginning and blew up.

Sorry again I'm done raging hope I didn't embarrass myself to much <3

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
"If you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all" sorry for my blow up I felt like ARE opinions weren't tookin seriously after the sheep comment from the beginning and blew up.

Sorry again I'm done raging hope I didn't embarrass myself to much <3
If you're going to make a word all caps, shouldn't you make sure that it's the correct word, first? Are opinion bro? You think ARE OPINIONS DONT MATTER BREH

Also, tookin is not a word.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
i think Mileena is a great character but not A+ material. in the section where she was discussed, alot of emphasis was placed on her b12. while b12 being a great "get the fuck away from me" type string, it can be low profiled which i feel can be a problem depending on how good a characters pokes are. she also gets weighed down by stupid frame data like her F44 being a string that has to be used with certainty. considering all the characters that can just throw out strings for the sake of doing them, she can't.

the reality of Mileena is, she was designed to be a counter-puncher. she has very strong anti-airs, a low profiling and launching whiff punish, and decent zoning. this trait of Mileena shines brighter in Ethereal, where the EX Fade is the ultimate whiff punishing and escape tool. i believe her level of viability is dependent on the player she's up against. she doesn't have the greatest tools for being the offender, but she will fuck you up hard, if you aren't familiar with the mu or are a reckless player. if you're the type of player that likes to jump around and make hasty advances, she'll beat you with her hands tied behind her back. if you're the patient and careful type, you'll give her a tough day at work. i do feel she has the tools to deal with most mu's in the game. but like mentioned earlier, she relies heavily on you to make a mistake or be reckless in general. she has tools, but not the best ones for initiating a solid offense.

anyway, those are my two cents on the empress. i don't think she needs many buffs to become worthy of A+ tier, but with some fixes to some of her bugs and inconsistencies and hopefully more normalization to the top tier characters she would be evened out with alot of the cast.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
If you're going to make a word all caps, shouldn't you make sure that it's the correct word, first? Are opinion bro? You think ARE OPINIONS DONT MATTER BREH

Also, tookin is not a word.
Thx you sorry for misspelled words man, I really just type and post then go edit after. Sorry if my misspelled words offended people. I was trying to quickly apologize......respectfully

Last edited:
I actually feel like this list wasn't controversial ENOUGH.

Like Quan Chi. He's powerful, but he has a major weakness. That shouldn't make him S+. True, Warlock mitigates this weakness but you sacrifice a lot when you play Warlock over Summoner or Sorcerer. Meanwhile Goro is also a very good character who has one major weakness, but he gets put in B tier? I'm not saying Goro's as good as Quan, but they over-emphasize his weakness and under-emphasize Quan's. If S+ is supposed to be for strong characters with no glaring weaknesses then Quan Chi just doesn't belong there.

I think this list is more accurate than most tier lists but I still feel like too many compromises were made. There needs to be better agreement as to what the rankings really mean.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I actually feel like this list wasn't controversial ENOUGH.

Like Quan Chi. He's powerful, but he has a major weakness. That shouldn't make him S+. True, Warlock mitigates this weakness but you sacrifice a lot when you play Warlock over Summoner or Sorcerer. Meanwhile Goro is also a very good character who has one major weakness, but he gets put in B tier? I'm not saying Goro's as good as Quan, but they over-emphasize his weakness and under-emphasize Quan's. If S+ is supposed to be for strong characters with no glaring weaknesses then Quan Chi just doesn't belong there.

I think this list is more accurate than most tier lists but I still feel like too many compromises were made. There needs to be better agreement as to what the rankings really mean.
I totally agree on Goro. But Quan Chi is without a doubt better than all the characters lower than him except for arguably Tremor.